watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Serious Question

Started by Finnans Right Peg, January 13, 2021, 07:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finnans Right Peg

I think we can stay up and have a good cup run but if you had to choose one or the other .To stay up or win the fa cup what would it be ?.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on January 13, 2021, 07:55:31 AM
I think we can stay up and have a good cup run but if you had to choose one or the other .To stay up or win the fa cup what would it be ?.
Stay up.

FFC In Oz

Finnans Right Peg

Yeah me too I was thinking how nice it would be to actually win something but we need to stay up

Tempest

FA Cup. Medals on the table not how much cash in the bank for me.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

RaySmith

Stay up.

Relegation  can have  devastating short and long term effects on the club.

It would obviously be great to win something  for the first time in our history, but if we  went down the same season it wouldn't be as sweet, and might leave a bit of a bitter taste, because you'd always be thinking  'maybe we'd have stayed up without the Cup run.'

Southdowns White

At this stage with the players we have I would like us to stay up and push on for better things next season, becoming a regular Premiership team again with a complete premiership squad, will be the best way to bring possible cup medals back to the club.

rebel

Top 8 or higher finish would be good.

FulhamStu

It's terrible but yes, to stay up is in the clubs best interest v winning the cup however to win our first ever major trophy after 100 plus years, 'should' be the preferred option.  What a world we live in !

toshes mate

Why opt for one or the other when it is still possible to have both?

hongkongfulham

Im just holding my breath until the reintroduction of the intertoto

Maidstone Lee

Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

bog

I wonder whether Wigan supporters wish they had not won the FA Cup but stayed up instead.

092.gif   

bencher

So many ifs and buts. If you win the FA Cup and get relegated, who knows, maybe you'll go back up the next season, and be able to attract good enough players with the higher profile to stay up for a longer spell. If you stay up, you may go down the following year a la Huddersfield and peter out. Winning the FA Cup is forever. I say winning the FA Cup by 51-49.

Jim©

FA Cup 100%. We can always come back up, but a club like ours would need to take any major trophy if there was a chance.

Whitestone

Staying in the Premier League is fundamental to progressing as a club with a longer term aim of being competitive in both domestic cups and Europe.

Tempest

Whats the fascination with staying up? Historically,  we've had a good couple of seasons but on the whole its relegation battles or mid table mediocrity.

We win, even in a good year, no more than 10 games.

As fans, I don't see how we benefit before someone says club finance. Better players? I'd say we've wasted, like a lot of clubs, good money on bang average players.

Championship,  League 1 or 2 for me is better, win more games, play offs, Championship wins, the odd relegation but again we would still win more games being relegated with 45 points from the championship than staying up in the Premier League.

And yes, I was around in the good old bad days of nearly going out of business.

Live in Falmouth!

mrmicawbers

FA Cup but only if we could attend.This may happen yet.

Craven Mad

Stay up: I don't want to continue yo-yoing between leagues. We will only build if we can stabilise our position.

A cup would be tremendous, but it didn't help Pompy nor Wigan's trajectory after their victories...

Whitestone

Quote from: Tempest on January 13, 2021, 09:28:30 AM
Whats the fascination with staying up? Historically,  we've had a good couple of seasons but on the whole its relegation battles or mid table mediocrity.

We win, even in a good year, no more than 10 games.

As fans, I don't see how we benefit before someone says club finance. Better players? I'd say we've wasted, like a lot of clubs, good money on bang average players.

Championship,  League 1 or 2 for me is better, win more games, play offs, Championship wins, the odd relegation but again we would still win more games being relegated with 45 points from the championship than staying up in the Premier League.

And yes, I was around in the good old bad days of nearly going out of business.

What's the fascination with staying up you say ? Take a look at Leicester and what they have achieved. Not a dissimilar sized club to Fulham and still punching at the top end of the table. Surely it's better to be ambitious rather than languishing in the lower divisions and possibly making the odd EFL Trophy final or the ridiculously named Papa John's Trophy as it's called this season ! If we were able to consolidate our position in the Premier League it would allow us to recruit the sort of players that could see us win more games in the league and we could also be a regular Europa League challenger. What's not to like about that ?