watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Serious Question

Started by Finnans Right Peg, January 13, 2021, 07:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

A no brainer, stay up means our best players stay with us and 38 big matches next season.

Stevieboy

Would be nice to have our name on a piece of historic silverware.
No one will remember we avoided relegation in 20/21 in 20 years time and there won't be any official recognition of such.
Glass half full, we reach Cup final and stay up.....beating Spurs in the final !!

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif  ALWAYS  BELIEVING.  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

Twig

Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 13, 2021, 09:40:28 AM
FA Cup but only if we could attend.This may happen yet.

This. To see our club win an FA Cup final at Wembley would be a once in a lifetime experience. As important as Premier League survival is, ultimately promotions and demotions come and go. Plus there were plenty on this board who argued that they actually preferred life in the Championship (I'm not one of them but I get it).

blingo

We can do both if we get a good striker in.

ALG01

always stay up is the priority if only one is on offer BUT I agree why not both. Success usually begats success.

I Ronic

Quote from: toshes mate on January 13, 2021, 08:50:51 AM
Why opt for one or the other when it is still possible to have both?

0001.jpeg
We've kept the spine of the team that got us promoted. I guess as insurance against relegation. So why not.

lukeahar

@lukeahar

LittleErn

Quote from: RaySmith on January 13, 2021, 08:44:12 AM
Stay up.

Relegation  can have  devastating short and long term effects on the club.

It would obviously be great to win something  for the first time in our history, but if we  went down the same season it wouldn't be as sweet, and might leave a bit of a bitter taste, because you'd always be thinking  'maybe we'd have stayed up without the Cup run.'

Wigan being a case in point.

Plodder

Logicalman

Stay Up - we had a good cup run in '75.  Lets just get a top flight side together and maintain out presence there, medals and cups can come later, don't want to do a Pompey!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

SouthIslandWhite

I honestly don't understand the question. I mean how would any of us feel if we won an FA Cup and within the same time frame of a few weeks we were relegated? We would all feel so empty and lost. Idk, for me the goal is simple: win games. Just win the next game and don't worry about silly hypothetical questions.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

hovewhite

FA cup for me, I get staying PL.