more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we were to sign two attacking players this month

Started by Riversider, January 15, 2021, 02:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

(Not an unreasonable assumption)
Who would you leave out of the current 25 man squad ?
Need to bear in mind that a spot has to be found for Josh Onomah 
So that means 3 of the current 25 to make way 🤔
(To be honest I couldn't come up with an answer)

Somerset Fulham

MLM will go, and I guess Odoi is kind of surplus (would keep the versatility in an ideal world...) and I don't know about the last one. Especially as RLC is appearing to improve at last.

Edit:  Fabri?  Not because I don't rate him (I do), but Rodak plus a youngster should be enough cover as long as we avoid another covid outbreak.

perry geyton

Not quite sure where we are gonna find to pacey strikers in January from tho
I wouldn't bother, stick with what we've got and get Mitro back In form

Whitestone

MLM, Odoi and Ream. All three were a liability in the Championship so I can't see any reason to include any of them in a Premier League 25. That and my belief that we have adequate cover across the back means they would be surplus to requirements.

We Are Premier League

MLM, Odoi and Fabri would be my choice. If we want to keep Fabri as 3rd keeper, one of the attackers can go since we will be a bit heavy there after the two additions. It might unfortunately be Kebano (on loan?) but it depends on what type of player the new forwards are.

9 for 3 spots.
Cav
Reid (could also play RWB)
Lookman
Mitro
RLC (could also play CM/ACM)
Kebano
Kamara
New
New

rebel

Quote from: We Are Premier League on January 15, 2021, 03:17:00 PM
MLM, Odoi and Fabri would be my choice. If we want to keep Fabri as 3rd keeper, one of the attackers can go since we will be a bit heavy there after the two additions. It might unfortunately be Kebano (on loan?) but it depends on what type of player the new forwards are.

9 for 3 spots.
Cav
Lookman
Mitro
Kebano
Kamara
New
New

I think would be Kamara, rather then Kebano.

General

9 for 3 spots.
Cav
Lookman
Mitro
Kebano
Kamara
New
New

Kamara on loan over kebano. Kebano has more guaranteed quality at this club and level. Had kebano been in kamaras position on the two on two against Tottenham he'd have found the pass to put through lookman im willing to say.

Kamara isn't good enough and hasn't improved enough.

General

Also, know he's older now etc but could do a lot worse than babel and josh King.

rebel

Quote from: General on January 15, 2021, 03:41:15 PM

9 for 3 spots.
Cav
Lookman
Mitro
Kebano
Kamara
New
New

Kamara on loan over kebano. Kebano has more guaranteed quality at this club and level. Had kebano been in kamaras position on the two on two against Tottenham he'd have found the pass to put through lookman im willing to say.

Kamara isn't good enough and hasn't improved enough.

Agree, plus Kebano can hit a free kick and score (hasn't done it in the Prem yet, but he will given the opportunity), I'm not sure AK can.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Riversider on January 15, 2021, 02:58:47 PM
(Not an unreasonable assumption)
Who would you leave out of the current 25 man squad ?
Need to bear in mind that a spot has to be found for Josh Onomah 
So that means 3 of the current 25 to make way 🤔
(To be honest I couldn't come up with an answer)

In answer to the original question and the assumption that Onomah comes in, my 3 would be Fabri, MLM and Tim Ream.  Dennis Odoi is a very useful utility player, who could do a good job anywhere across the back line.  Ream is one of (currently and if you include Kongolo) 7 potential CBs, and could do a job at LB.     Am I right in thinking that if we had a real GK problem, there is still provision these days for emergency GK loans?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamben

Quote from: perry geyton on January 15, 2021, 03:08:31 PM
Not quite sure where we are gonna find to pacey strikers in January from tho
I wouldn't bother, stick with what we've got and get Mitro back In form
you're  a braver man the me. We are a lookman injury away from never scoring again imo.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

I think space has to be found for Onomah so if we were to get two new players we have to drop three out.
MLM ,Odoi and Kebano I gues.

Perhaps it would be best to sink the whole transfer fund into one very good player and leave Kebano in the squad.

Barrett487

I have a hunch that we'll only get 1 striker, so only need to demote 2.

MLM seems a cert, but if surely it's a risk to go down to 2 keepers? I agree that Onomah will need to be activated, but would it not make sense that the other would be a striker? If it's to be another defender, then i think Hector has more errors in him than Ream.

Statto

Quote from: Barrett487 on January 15, 2021, 05:25:21 PM
I have a hunch that we'll only get 1 striker, so only need to demote 2.

MLM seems a cert, but if surely it's a risk to go down to 2 keepers? I agree that Onomah will need to be activated, but would it not make sense that the other would be a striker? If it's to be another defender, then i think Hector has more errors in him than Ream.

Ashby-Hammond would be 3rd choice GK and wouldn't count in the 25

filham

No one suggesting that we make room for Stansfield.
The problem with this named squad system is that it becomes impossible to give odd amounts of experience to developing youngsters.

Finnans Right Peg

Quote from: filham on January 15, 2021, 06:08:18 PM
The problem with this named squad system is that it becomes impossible to give odd amounts of experience to developing youngsters.

Unless im missing something he doesnt need to be named in the 25 man squad as he is homegrown and doesnt take up a spot as a rest

Sting of the North

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on January 15, 2021, 06:10:31 PM
Quote from: filham on January 15, 2021, 06:08:18 PM

Unless im missing something he doesnt need to be named in the 25 man squad as he is homegrown and doesnt take up a spot as a rest

Kind of correct, but think it has to do with age not whether he is homegrown?

Finnans Right Peg

@sting  cheers .I knew there was a reason  :Get Coat gif: