News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we could have any of the 20 Premier League managers, who would you choose?

Started by FFCpmd, January 15, 2021, 07:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lyle from Hangeland

Logicalman

Quote from: blingo on January 16, 2021, 01:12:36 PM
Mourinho

I wouldn't want to turn him down at all as he is the Special One, though, for this season, I'm sticking with SP, the Special Son!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

FFC In Oz

I can't believe all the people here who would turn down the (hypothetical) opportunity to appoint a proven manager such as Mourinho, Klopp or Pep because Scotty is a good bloke and has the team showing a bit of fight.

I can guarantee you categorically that those 3 (plus the likes of Ancelotti, Big Sam & Hasenhuttl etc) would have us on at least twice the amount of wins as we have currently.

Black and White Blood

I have backed Scott from the start.
I remember a post from a while ago that asked something like ' can anyone still seriously back Parker ??? '
Some fans are so fickle

FFC1987

Ask me after Brighton and Westbrom. I think the mood will greatly change for better, or worse after those two results.

bog

Quote from: SG on January 16, 2021, 12:47:45 PM
As each game goes on I'm liking the cut of Parker's jib more and more. There is enjoyment watching us play and we are now holding our own against the best teams in this division. No longer am I spending the best part of the tv coverage and match hiding behind the sofa.

+1

Jim©

Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 17, 2021, 05:21:42 AM
I can't believe all the people here who would turn down the (hypothetical) opportunity to appoint a proven manager such as Mourinho, Klopp or Pep because Scotty is a good bloke and has the team showing a bit of fight.

I can guarantee you categorically that those 3 (plus the likes of Ancelotti, Big Sam & Hasenhuttl etc) would have us on at least twice the amount of wins as we have currently.

But you can't guarantee it at all. They're fine managing teams with players worth half a billion plus, but it's a different skill to get the best out of lower teams.
I'll stick with SP

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jim© on January 17, 2021, 02:01:16 PM

But you can't guarantee it at all. They're fine managing teams with players worth half a billion plus, but it's a different skill to get the best out of lower teams.
I'll stick with SP

I agree with Jim c, you are spot on 100% in my opinion
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamStu

Khan said at the start of the season that our biggest signing was Parker.  I think 90% of Fulham fans are currently happy with what he is doing.  If we get relegated, Parker will be in the perfect position to know what we need to get back up again.  We will be in far better shape than last time we were relegated.  If we could persuade Lookman to sign and play one season the the championship imagine him and Mitro with a defence of Tete, Tosin, Kongolo and Robinson and Cairney, Reed, Onomah, BDR etc in MF. We however have every chance of staying up which many did not think likely a few months ago.

Woolly Mammoth

Stability is the key, I am confident we can avoid the drop, but even if we did go down, we can come straight up if we hold on to key players and our Manager.
We have to have stability to survive.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ScalleysDad

Okay but give those you have named exactly the same scenario at the start of the season and I doubt any of them would be anywhere near double the points tally. Our back four and Rodak barely get a look in now and the Crown Jewels of Mitro and Cairney, even before injuries, have become less and less influential. I doubt very much some of the big names you have mentioned have ever had to transform every position on the pitch and adapt a style of play with a group of bargains, loanees, unknowns or make do and mend players that already seem to be giving it all.

blingo

colinwhite

Mourinho ? can organise our defense better than Parker? Create more goals from the players we have . I dont think so. Parker for me.

bobby01

Now he has dropped parkerball I feel he is progressing, still things to learn and has a fixation on certain players but I think he is getting the best out of what we have. At least now we compete so he has gone up a long way in my estimation. 
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Whitesideup

Performances count for me, and although we haven't amassed the points we should have, maybe a sign there is still more work to do, I am generally happy with the style of our football. If we do go down, stick with Parker. I reckon the Khans will stay behind the club financially, and we could be well-placed to come back up at the first opportunity, though this is much harder than it may seem. Parker would be committed to the cause and he is increasingly able to implement his tactics, growing as a coach in my view. To answer the question of the thread, yes ....SP.

Brawn

I don't think the question was "would you sack Scott Parker", because I wouldn't even if we go down. Hypothetically, if we were managerless, it would be hard to turn down Klopp or Pep; Scott Parker could make a case for third best manager in the league, though, above Roy...

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 02:23:00 PM
Big Sam.  Knows how to win games and stay up.

He would keep Fulham up, then what, you would complain about the style of football being played and want him out!