watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

a forward short of a win

Started by ALG01, January 13, 2021, 10:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Is it really "scandalous" or "shocking" that we don't have another out and out striker in our squad? Not in my view. "Calm down dear" seems appropriate.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

jayffc

Quote from: rebel on January 15, 2021, 05:32:08 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on January 14, 2021, 05:59:19 PM
Can't believe this thread. Do people really expect any DOF to entirely replace a team in one window? We were so bad defensively at the start of the season that Messi and Reynaldo wouldn't have  kept us up. Regardless of how entertaining 4-5 matches are, they are still losses. In a matter of weeks the club became competitive in the league. Some here seem to thing that all a DOF has to do is ring up another DOF and say hey, send over so-and-so and his 20 goals a season and I'll pay what ever you want. Clearly, those people have never met a payroll or turned a business profitable and furthermore don't understand how wealth works. Also, why so damn negative? We have gone toe to toe with 4 of the best teams in the world in the last few weeks and have gotten a result in three of them.

They almost did it again last Summer, signing 11 players (I guarantee they tried to sign 1 / 2 strikers), it's been done twice before, under Laurie Sanchez (2007) signing 14 players and under Slaviša Jokanović (2018) signing 14 players.
It doesnt matter the season hasn't finished...the fact that you expect a top 8 finish from a club that finished 3rd in the championship at the beginning says it all about where your heads at. Theres being positive...(I'd love that too dont get me wrong, and it's not impossible, just very, very, very, very statistically improbable)then theres delusional...If your assumption then was that anything lower than 8th would be disappointing come the end of the season then where does one even begin with that logic...I suggest you temper your expectations ever so slightly at this moment in time or its going to be a very disappointing time following a club like Fulham.

So you want a striker in this window ...like we all do, and like the club has stated it does... but you also want to whinge about Tony because you're working on the assumption that a club like Fulham thats finished in the top 8 how many times in its entire history!??! Should be able to perfectly overhaul its entire squad in one window having finished 3rd in the championship (something we were criticised for last time out in the prem) and should be up there ideally competing for a place in Europe their first season back in the prem, and the fact that they did improve arguably 9 of 11 starting positions but missed out on a CF and RW (but are saying that they want to strengthen forward options in this window) means TK is useless...... got it. I'm out, I can't with this anymore I need a lie down

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on January 15, 2021, 06:02:09 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 15, 2021, 05:26:25 PM
its even worse when you think 9 of those goals were scored in just 4 games. Meaning we have 5 goals in the other 12. It's shocking, absolutely shocking.

Not that shocking when you see Burnley's goals scored column

(and West Brom and Sheffield United but that goes without saying)
burnley can actually win games though. And yes it's not surprising that the other two teams as bad as us going forwards are in the the bottom 3 as well
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: fulhamben on January 15, 2021, 06:52:32 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 15, 2021, 06:02:09 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 15, 2021, 05:26:25 PM
its even worse when you think 9 of those goals were scored in just 4 games. Meaning we have 5 goals in the other 12. It's shocking, absolutely shocking.

Not that shocking when you see Burnley's goals scored column

(and West Brom and Sheffield United but that goes without saying)
burnley can actually win games though. And yes it's not surprising that the other two teams as bad as us going forwards are in the the bottom 3 as well

Not to disagree...when I think we mostly agree...but I think Burnley is just as toothless as we are going forward.   Yes, they've scored 4 more goals.  All things being equal, I'd rather have our current attacking players than theirs.  imo.

We have a better side than Burnley imo, regardless of them being higher in the table than us.