more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Robinson tackle

Started by Jules, January 16, 2021, 06:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Doesn't matter now it's happened
Good that Scotty can spend some time with the other 10 & the subs to get a game plan on
We haven't drawn the last 5 games without good reason
COYW!!

Mince n Tatties

Are some of you actually watching it.
He's nowhere near the ball..Red all the way.
All this nonsense about Ref's conspiracies against us is laughable...
Get a grip lads.

Tempest

Did he touch him? Yellow tops.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

somerset cockernee

Listening to G.J. at half time and in the background is some great music.....it's not all bad !

Milo

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 16, 2021, 06:33:34 PM
Are some of you actually watching it.
He's nowhere near the ball..Red all the way.
All this nonsense about Ref's conspiracies against us is laughable...
Get a grip lads.

Well it's one footed in the end. A one footed late challenge is a yellow isn't it?

Only grey area is the fact he lunged in and had lots of time to decide to lunge like that.. hence perhaps premeditated, out of control etc.. oh I don't know..

Fulham Tup North

:031: absolutely no defending that challenge....there was NO need to make it.... he just lost his head.... and now we are without him for some very important games... silly, silly boy...
😡😡⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

itombomb

It's a bad tackle and shouldn't have been made, and when it was you run the risk, but there are two things that really annoy me.

Firstly, if you watch it then we should have actually got a freekick immediately before for Mount pulling back Lookman - that played a big part in the ball going loose and allowing for the 50-50.

Secondly, the reason he gave an automatic red, is entirely due to Azpilicueta's simulation/actions. Ifs and buts but in an alternate reality I would put all my savings on it 'only' being a yellow without the acting, and there is no way VAR turns it into a red card.

SouthIslandWhite

100 times out of 100 tries that's a straight red. Every time. Dumb!
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Andy S

I don't think that was a red the player got up and carried on. No treatment. If he had been caught there is no way he would have been able to roll on the floor like that. Ron Harris did tackle like that every week

Maidstone Lee

Definite red card, ridiculous to dive in like that right on half time when we were getting into the game.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Southcoastffc

The ironic thing IMO is that the ref should have stopped play for a foul on Lookman just before the ball broke and Robinson made his challenge.   I imagine we'll appeal against the red.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FFC1987

Lets face it, it's a red in the current game but do people really want that to be a red in the game? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see leg breakers or two footers etc or the dawn of a Vinnie Jones era reignited but that as a red shows to me the game has little to no physicality anymore. So much so, it puts me off wanting to watch football. What's the point if players can't have a nibble at an opponent and the ref just shows a red and VAR can't find a justification to say ref, grow a pair fella.

Sting of the North

It was an obvious uncontrolled and dangerous tackle. Should always be a red. Has nothing to do with physicality. There is a difference in playing tough and playing dangerous, and there was nothing tough about that tackle. In my opinion.

Enfield

But Giroud gets off scott free for the double elbow into Andersen's head

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 16, 2021, 07:37:28 PM
It was an obvious uncontrolled and dangerous tackle. Should always be a red. Has nothing to do with physicality. There is a difference in playing tough and playing dangerous, and there was nothing tough about that tackle. In my opinion.

Agree to disagree. If he had lunged and made contact, fair enough, but he didn't.

SP

FWIW, I think it's a red but had it been their player, a yellow & a final warning no doubt.

MaximusDecimus

Quote from: The Swan on January 16, 2021, 06:22:49 PM
Just before half time Robinson got sent off. Poor decision from the ref.
No chance of getting anything from this game now. It was very even .

Poor decision ? That was a blatant a sending off as you could see,. Ludicrous !

hovewhite

Immature of him but will learn from it.

Slaphead in Qatar

Doesn't matter how much improved performances we give.

If our players make dumb decisions like Robinson today then we will get relegated. He's a good player  but today he cost us the game. Put this one up with Lookmans penalty.

_Putney_

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on January 16, 2021, 07:08:35 PM
100 times out of 100 tries that's a straight red. Every time. Dumb!

Wrong. ?s=20