https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

we are now further from safety than we was

Started by fulhamben, January 16, 2021, 07:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG

Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 07:37:55 PM
Quote from: SG on January 16, 2021, 07:36:59 PM
Nonsense we're not cut adrift. Let's see where we are after 38 games. That's all the matters.
erm yes we are, look at the table

Nonsense that's not cut off and adrift. We have games in hand and some key games coming up. Win those
and the picture changes completely.

fulhamben

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 16, 2021, 07:40:59 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on January 16, 2021, 07:39:01 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 07:37:22 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on January 16, 2021, 07:35:38 PM
We've also got two games in hand? Not sure how you can blame Parker for anything today but then you hate him so I'm so you'll try
we have played the same amount of games as 17th place burnley who are 4 points ahead of us.

So four points with more than half the season left to play equals us being cut adrift. Interesting.

21 games to play and we need to get 4 points more than Burnley and we've also got two games in hand over Brighton, but yeah by Bens logic we might as well forfeit now
oh im not forfeiting just yet. im hoping for a decent manager to come in and change our fortunes.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jayffc

We've also got two games in hand? Not sure how you can blame Parker for anything today but then you hate him so I'm so you'll try
we have played the same amount of games as 17th place burnley who are 4 points ahead of us.

So four points with more than half the season left to play equals us being cut adrift. Interesting.

This ....there is literally 21 games left for us to play (19 for brighton) 5 points is no where near cut adrift in that time.

If we add a competent striker to the mix I'm still very much confident we can do the business...if we lose to Utd next week were still the same amount if points behind Brighton as they wont have played before we play them

FFC1987

Quote from: SG on January 16, 2021, 07:41:33 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 07:37:55 PM
Quote from: SG on January 16, 2021, 07:36:59 PM
Nonsense we're not cut adrift. Let's see where we are after 38 games. That's all the matters.
erm yes we are, look at the table

Nonsense that's not cut off and adrift. We have games in hand and some key games coming up. Win those
and the picture changes completely.

Just win games. We've managed 2/17. It's not all over, but we really are well up against it. We'd need form of a top 10 side.

Deeping_white

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 16, 2021, 07:41:15 PM

Having won 2 from 17. Its becoming quite a tall ask, don't you think?

Trotting out that stat in isolation is misleading though. Through no fault of our own, VAR conspired to deny us wins that we should've got; Liverpool, Newcastle and Sheff Utd were 6 dropped points that were purely down to shite refereeing, and I know it's done and these things can't be changed, but it points to us being better than 2 wins in 17 suggests

colinwhite

Who cares ? we have a team ,we are going to turn this around and Parker is doing a great job ,with players that are 100 per cent on board. We are going to stay up. Last year the same people constantly saying we had no chance of going up are now negative at every chance and keep moaning about the HCand how we are going to be relegated. Its a long time since we ave had ateam with this much fight . Shame on you after that fighting performance!

FFC1987

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 16, 2021, 07:43:56 PM

Trotting out that stat in isolation is misleading though. Through no fault of our own, VAR conspired to deny us wins that we should've got; Liverpool, Newcastle and Sheff Utd were 6 dropped points that were purely down to shite refereeing, and I know it's done and these things can't be changed, but it points to us being better than 2 wins in 17 suggests

We've probably been playing our best football in a long time and we still only managed draws and a loss to a depleted out of form Chelsea side. If I take away what, the first 4 games where we didn';t really have a squad ready, thats still 2/13. Unless you believe in the Karma of VAR coming good and decisions going our way, i've no idea why people think this rather corrupt system will change in our favour.

Sting of the North

Not at all. In many games we have created plenty of chances. We will come good soon. We are way better than Sheffield United, WBA, Burnley, Newcastle, Leeds, Palace and Brighton and come end of the season 3 of those will be below us. I am not overly worried at all.

The Cravenette

Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 07:40:56 PM

yep, thats what cut adrift means in football. need more than one result to go above the team  just above you in the league

I think cut adrift applies when you can't catch up with those above and are basically doomed. Yes we are more that one win away from 17th but cut adrift is a little dramatic as we are not quite half way through the season.

SG

Well said Colin. I think we can stay up and I'm normally very pessimistic about our chances

LC

Some of the responses on here are ridiculous. Parker is doing a good job. It's not his fault we don't have a recognised striker (Mitrovic seems to be half fit and rarely available). I mean Cav was average last year in the championship and now he's playing in the PL every week and out of his natural position. If we had a decent striker and this team at the start of the season we'd have above 20 points right now no doubt.

Parker is doing fine, the club need to go out and invest in a striker and another wide forward, if we don't do that then it's the boards fault if we go down not the managers.

The Cravenette

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 16, 2021, 07:46:35 PM

Not at all. In many games we have created plenty of chances. We will come good soon. We are way better than Sheffield United, WBA, Burnley, Newcastle, Leeds, Palace and Brighton and come end of the season 3 of those will be below us. I am not overly worried at all.

Agree. There will be others in the mix by the end of the season. I really do think Leeds will fall apart again.

fulhamben

Quote from: colinwhite on January 16, 2021, 07:44:19 PM
Who cares ? we have a team ,we are going to turn this around and Parker is doing a great job ,with players that are 100 per cent on board. We are going to stay up. Last year the same people constantly saying we had no chance of going up are now negative at every chance and keep moaning about the HCand how we are going to be relegated. Its a long time since we ave had ateam with this much fight . Shame on you after that fighting performance!
when are they going to turn it around colin, as like i said, we are slipping further away from our relegation rivals. plus theres a good possibility that we could slip down to 19th before we even face the league leaders on wednesday. so when are we actually going to turn this around?

Sting of the North

yep, thats what cut adrift means in football. need more than one result to go above the team  just above you in the league

No, that's just your own subjective definition that you somehow try to pretend that it is a commonly accepted definition.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Cravenette on January 16, 2021, 07:47:11 PM

I think cut adrift applies when you can't catch up with those above and are basically doomed. Yes we are more that one win away from 17th but cut adrift is a little dramatic as we are not quite half way through the season.
no that would literally be classed as relegated

The Old Count

We are further from safety but we will survive. Not even halfway through the season.

Lighthouse

Good lord the grammar in the thread header is appalling. The comments about blaming Parker and all the other nonsense is the usual twaddle that sadly FOF has come to be known for. But it is safe to say that we are looking a decent side in need of a forward and that the officials are frankly biased towards the top sides. Too many want to be in the headlines.

Sad to say it but this isn't the game I used to love to watch,
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LittleErn

Quote from: LC on January 16, 2021, 07:48:38 PM
Some of the responses on here are ridiculous. Parker is doing a good job. It's not his fault we don't have a recognised striker (Mitrovic seems to be half fit and rarely available). I mean Cav was average last year in the championship and now he's playing in the PL every week and out of his natural position. If we had a decent striker and this team at the start of the season we'd have above 20 points right now no doubt.

Parker is doing fine, the club need to go out and invest in a striker and another wide forward, if we don't do that then it's the boards fault if we go down not the managers.

Well said. We have a young team that will get better. But we really DO need one or two strong finishers.

andyk

Still think if we can get to halfway with 15 points we have a good chance of fighting relegation.  We will need to beat Burnley, probably twice, beat Sheff Utd, beat WBA and pick up four wins somewhere else ( Newcastle, Palace, Leeds, Wolves) . Three draws in the other matches and we will be safe, just.
It's a big ask, but this team can do it, they are good enough.

Sgt Fulham

The question is, could another manager be doing better than Scott Parker currently is with the players available. I don't know the answer, but I know it isn't a resounding YES. Some managers may do slightly better, but I doubt significantly so. Our main issues are in attack, whereas at the start of the season it was our defence. Scott has sorted that out, but it's not really his fault that we don't have a striker capable of converting chances. I think you need to temper your expectations a little. We were promoted through the playoffs during a summer wrecked by Covid. In that way we have had it the toughest of any team ever promoted. Our recruitments came in late which completely screwed our start. Had we started with the team we have today we would be doing fine. To me that suggests that Parker is doing a good job. There are always improvements to be made, but they are not solely on Parker's shoulders.

If we get relegated, and there is a good chance we may, then we can consider ourselves rather unlucky. It will be a massive shame but we will go down fighting, as one of the best teams to ever be relegated. I see everything Parker preaches on that pitch. Spirit, fight, determination, desire, and in Parker's words "most of all quality". There have been worse times to be a Fulham fan.