we are now further from safety than we was

Started by fulhamben, January 16, 2021, 07:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Cannot disagree little Ern but Ben you are just a wind-up merchant

fulhamben

Quote from: Andy S on January 16, 2021, 08:01:40 PM
Cannot disagree little Ern but Ben you are just a wind-up merchant
a wind up merchant for pointing out the facts?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

All these  negative comments every week fulhamben is making you sound more like the grim reaper than the grim reaper.
Nobody said this season would be easy, nobody said this game today with 11 would be easy, let alone playing over half the match with one player shy. We started our season with a handicap after losing our opening games, and every fickle man and their dog including you said we are doomed and Scott has to go.
Now look at us as I speak. We won more friends than enemies today, and the difference this season as opposed to that two years ago because unlike two years ago the team is packed with leaders and characters and winners and fighters and warriors with a proper Captain. There are no passengers and the quality is as good as I have seen from a Fulham team for years. The players are clearly playing for Scott Parker, and I always measure a man how he gets up off the floor not how he goes down.
Unlike two years ago the manager is not sticking pins in players names and selecting the first 11 that come up.
Of course we are not the finished article, we need a striker and a winger to complete the jigsaw.
Slagging people off when we lose is for losers.
As for me as I stand here now reflecting on tonight's match, I am very proud of them and proud to be a Fulham supporter, so please try and put a sock in it, take a deep breath and count to 1,000 before you comment.
Or better still wait 24 hours and you will see the error of your ways.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Asotosyios

It's not a secret that Ben doesn't like Parker, but it feels to me that we can't say anything against Parker any more as everyone seems to believe he's the greatest manager ever! Last year, a lot of people were saying that he is still learning and needs time - this year it looks like he has learnt everything and we have a fantastic team playing great football and if it was not for the board/referees/VAR etc we would be challenging for a Champions League place.

To clarify, I don't want Parker gone even if we go down. I like him more than I liked him last year, but he still makes mistakes (who doesn't, right?) and we can still argue about that rather than think that everything is perfect and we are only a couple of players from winning the league.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, but we are in deep trouble and we need to start picking wins soon and points even from games that "we didn't expect anything". It's easy to say we wouldn't expect any games against Chelsea or Manchester United, but that would mean we should expect more than 2 points against Brighton and Southampton at home. So, however fun was our "5-games-undefeated" run, we should look at the mirror and realise that the "7-games-without-a-win" run doesn't look that good regardless of how improved the team is.

colinwhite

Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 07:49:15 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on January 16, 2021, 07:44:19 PM
Who cares ? we have a team ,we are going to turn this around and Parker is doing a great job ,with players that are 100 per cent on board. We are going to stay up. Last year the same people constantly saying we had no chance of going up are now negative at every chance and keep moaning about the HCand how we are going to be relegated. Its a long time since we ave had ateam with this much fight . Shame on you after that fighting performance!
when are they going to turn it around colin, as like i said, we are slipping further away from our relegation rivals. plus theres a good possibility that we could slip down to 19th before we even face the league leaders on wednesday. so when are we actually going to turn this around?

We  now have a side capable of going on a run and winning 3 on the bounce. It will come . There were tired legs out there today but that was some performance right up until the end . We will come good .stop looking at the league table and start looking at how we are playing.

fulhamben

Quote from: colinwhite on January 16, 2021, 08:16:52 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 07:49:15 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on January 16, 2021, 07:44:19 PM
Who cares ? we have a team ,we are going to turn this around and Parker is doing a great job ,with players that are 100 per cent on board. We are going to stay up. Last year the same people constantly saying we had no chance of going up are now negative at every chance and keep moaning about the HCand how we are going to be relegated. Its a long time since we ave had ateam with this much fight . Shame on you after that fighting performance!
when are they going to turn it around colin, as like i said, we are slipping further away from our relegation rivals. plus theres a good possibility that we could slip down to 19th before we even face the league leaders on wednesday. so when are we actually going to turn this around?

We  now have a side capable of going on a run and winning 3 on the bounce. It will come . There were tired legs out there today but that was some performance right up until the end . We will come good .stop looking at the league table ansd start looking at how e are playing.
what are you basing that on though colin. we certainly have a defence capable of making us very hard to defeat. but we just dont look like winning at the moment. we barely look like scoring and pretty much never do.

AnOldBrownie

Is this secretly a Scott Parker out topic?

0001.gif

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 16, 2021, 08:20:33 PM

0001.gif
no, everyone knows that i believe we need a new manager to have a chance of staying up. this thread is just to merely point out that even though we are tough to break down, we are actually further away from safety than we were at this point in 2018.

Worcesterwhite

Never Trevor in relation to the post! We are showing fight something we have not showed for a long time, we should all be behind the team after tonight because they gave everything.

SuffolkWhite

I was more critical of SP in the Championship than I am now. This team will stay up I believe for many of the reasons Woolly Mamouth out lined above. SP is showing he could be the next big thing as he is clearly learning and has got team mentality right and the tactics have been sport on. Anyone can criticise SP or they like on here but my humble opinion is keep him on even if we did get relegated. My two pennies anyway.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Steven Ageroad

Ben, Always waiting to pounce on a defeat With Parker in charge. There is not a manager around that cannot do better than Parker at the moment, name one, he's got the team we have,  playing to the maximum, giving their all so don't change it.

Sorry but your topic title should read "We are now further away than we WERE" Correct English!!

fulhamben

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 16, 2021, 08:25:51 PM
Ben, Always waiting to pounce on a defeat With Parker in charge. There is not a manager around that cannot do better than Parker at the moment, name one, he's got the team we have,  playing to the maximum, giving their all so don't change it.

Sorry but your topic title should read "We are now further away than we WERE" Correct English!!
not just defeats, draws are no good to us either. we need wins, and dont look like getting them.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 16, 2021, 08:06:17 PM
All these  negative comments every week fulhamben is making you sound more like the grim reaper than the grim reaper.
Nobody said this season would be easy, nobody said this game today with 11 would be easy, let alone playing over half the match with one player shy. We started our season with a handicap after losing our opening games, and every fickle man and their dog including you said we are doomed and Scott has to go.
Now look at us as I speak. We won more friends than enemies today, and the difference this season as opposed to that two years ago because unlike two years ago the team is packed with leaders and characters and winners and fighters and warriors with a proper Captain. There are no passengers and the quality is as good as I have seen from a Fulham team for years. The players are clearly playing for Scott Parker, and I always measure a man how he gets up off the floor not how he goes down.
Unlike two years ago the manager is not sticking pins in players names and selecting the first 11 that come up.
Of course we are not the finished article, we need a striker and a winger to complete the jigsaw.
As for me as I stand here now reflecting on tonight's match, I am very proud of them and proud to be a Fulham supporter, so please try and put a sock in it, take a deep breath and count to 1,000 before you comment.

You saved me all that writing Wooly. Thanks. +1 lol

And another thing guys, the correct grammar is should have, not should of. Could've not could of. You can interchange should and could of course.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 08:23:32 PM

0001.gif
no, everyone knows that i believe we need a new manager to have a chance of staying up. this thread is just to merely point out that even though we are tough to break down, we are actually further away from safety than we were at this point in 2018.

Which means you think another manager would have us higher in the table with out current squad...with a better style of play?

I mean, we're 18th and haven't had an easy run of fixtures.   Who would you want?  Big Sam (who only won today due to two penalties)?

We started the season playing our championship side because a lot of fans thought the Sheffield United way of handling promotion last season was the right way to go, not bring in 11 new faces.    That resulted in us conceding 10 goals in our first 3 games.

To his credit...Scott Parker adapted...and fixed us defensively.

Yes...we are fairly toothless up top. 

Do you feel the light at the end of the tunnel was brighter 2 seasons ago, at this time, than it is now?   

Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 08:30:08 PM
we need wins, and dont look like getting them.

We need 9 more POINTS between now and the end of the season than Newcastle, Burnley, Sheffield United, West Brom and Brighton.   That's more 3 wins...OR....2 more wins and 3 more draws...OR....1 more win and 6 more draws than those five teams.

In 21 games.

Statto

We may only have been 3 points from safety this time in 2018/19 but we were bottom, we'd conceded 42 goals and didn't have games in hand on the teams around us. Most of our points had come in the first six games of the season and we were on a downward trajectory. Anyone saying we're worse off now is either a numpty or a WUM.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 16, 2021, 08:06:17 PM

id avoid Wednesday night if thats how you feel wolly, as id bet my house on it being 2 wins in 18 at that point

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 16, 2021, 08:34:50 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 08:23:32 PM

0001.gif

Which means you think another manager would have us higher in the table with out current squad...with a better style of play?

I mean, we're 18th and haven't had an easy run of fixtures.   Who would you want?  Big Sam (who only won today due to two penalties)?

We started the season playing our championship side because a lot of fans thought the Sheffield United way of handling promotion last season was the right way to go, not bring in 11 new faces.    That resulted in us conceding 10 goals in our first 3 games.

To his credit...Scott Parker adapted...and fixed us defensively.

Yes...we are fairly toothless up top. 

Do you feel the light at the end of the tunnel was brighter 2 seasons ago, at this time, than it is now?   
maybe not a better style of play, but possibly a more effective one. ive already covered about why i think its wrong for parker to play the same defensive type football against the weaker teams, so i wont go over that again. but i do believe we have a fairly decent squad, and one that shouldnt be cut adrift at this point. and as to easy run of fixtures, everyone has pretty much played everyone now so we are all in the same boat. we are where we are because we cant score goals or win games.

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 08:43:58 PM
we are where we are because we cant score goals or win games.

we are where we are because we started the season without a decent centre back

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on January 16, 2021, 08:45:37 PM

well thats not true is it, because it wasnt that long ago that we were above burnley and brighton. they have kicked on where as we havent.

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 08:47:28 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 16, 2021, 08:45:37 PM

well thats not true is it, because it wasnt that long ago that we were above burnley and brighton. they have kicked on where as we havent.
When were we ever above Brighton?
And when were we above Burnley without them having a game in hand?