more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

we are now further from safety than we was

Started by fulhamben, January 16, 2021, 07:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Jim© on January 17, 2021, 11:13:00 AM
But it is desperate and because of that, you seem overly blinkered in your view. You know as well as I do, take away the first four games where Parker was left with last year's team (amazingly you'd said last season it was too good for th championship, doesn't look so now) and things would look better. Especially goals against. If you continue to look at the season on a game by game basis (points wise) there'll be good a d bad weeks. As Parker has said that isn't the big picture that he's telling the players to concentrate on, so nor should we.
Tha ks too for thr personal insult re being a teenager, just the 30 odd years past that.
i am desperate for us to stay up Jim, thought that was obvious. Hence why I want a manager who can win games. And plenty of teams have been really good in the championship and flopped hard in the prem, that doesn't make them a bad championship team does it, so not sure on your point there. And no I'm not looking at the season on a game by game points wise. I'm looking at the whole season so far. We are four points from safety averaging 0.7 points per game. That's why I'm worried, not because we lost to chelsea yesterday.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

hovewhite

Quote from: fulhamben on January 17, 2021, 11:01:05 AM
Quote from: Jim© on January 17, 2021, 10:24:53 AM
Comparing this season to our last prem one is a desperate ploy by a desperate poster (Ben) that wants Parker gone at any cost.
We're competing every game which is different to last time
We're solid at the back which is different to last time
We have managerial stability which is different to last time
The fans in thr majority are now onside again different to last time.
We've improved as a team from day one, anyone saying anything else is incorrect. Chelsea with a bench worth over £300m, probably more, struggled to best a ten man team yesterday.
I still think we'll be safe at the end of the season as we're not even half way through.
Half way through last season Ben was almost guaranteeing us all that we wouldn't go up...
loving the personal insult Jim. Thanks for that. I'm guessing you are a teenager so I won't read too much into it. Chelsea were tenth when we played them yesterday and were in worse form than us believe it or not. So it doesn't matter how much that was sitting on their bench, because they were failing to win games and were there for the taking. They are not a good team so let's not make out we are so such a good team because a mid table side could only narrowly beat us. And how do you gauge how well a team/player/manager is doing if you don't compare them to what's gone on before. For all our so good form the teams above us are pulling away that's just a fact. We struggle to score goals with our new defence orientated system, that's just a fact. We struggle to win games which is also just a fact. has anyone worked out Parker's points per game this season compared to the season we went down. They should be better this season shouldn't they as on we are doing so much better.  Well they aren't. This season we are averaging 0.7 points per game. The season we got relegated Parker averaged 0.81 points per game. So yes we do look better now but are less effective.
understand your points, the teams above us are pulling and below us sheff utd & West brom wining so get your point. Also this being a social board of different views your entitled to your view on managers as well as anything else.

jayffc

Comparing this season to our last prem one is a desperate ploy by a desperate poster (Ben) that wants Parker gone at any cost.
We've improved as a team from day one, anyone saying anything else is incorrect. Chelsea with a bench worth over £300m, probably more, struggled to best a ten man team yesterday.
I still think we'll be safe at the end of the season as we're not even half way through.
Half way through last season Ben was almost guaranteeing us all that we wouldn't go up...
loving the personal insult Jim. Thanks for that. I'm guessing you are a teenager so I won't read too much into it. Chelsea were tenth when we played them yesterday and were in worse form than us believe it or not. So it doesn't matter how much that was sitting on their bench, because they were failing to win games and were there for the taking. They are not a good team so let's not make out we are so such a good team because a mid table side could only narrowly beat us. And how do you gauge how well a team/player/manager is doing if you don't compare them to what's gone on before. For all our so good form the teams above us are pulling away that's just a fact. We struggle to score goals with our new defence orientated system, that's just a fact. We struggle to win games which is also just a fact. has anyone worked out Parker's points per game this season compared to the season we went down. They should be better this season shouldn't they as on we are doing so much better.  Well they aren't. This season we are averaging 0.7 points per game. The season we got relegated Parker averaged 0.81 points per game. So yes we do look better now but are less effective.

Think it a little disingenuous to use a sample size of 9 games that Parker was in charge of last time out in the prem,  having come into the season post both windows... and at a time in which we were already basically relegated and the pressure was pretty much off. If were going to compare the two sides more fairly at least look perhaps at the amount of games under a fully formed squad this season. I may be proven wrong, but I would hazard a guess that the next 9 games following the window , if we bring in some attacking options (like we did with Babel last time) will yield a better result in points per game. I'm certainly willing to give it a try and I was concerned as anyone with Parkers performance last year and early this year

fulhamben

Quote from: jayffc on January 17, 2021, 12:45:12 PM

Think it a little disingenuous to use a sample size of 9 games that Parker was in charge of last time out in the prem,  having come into the season post both windows... and at a time in which we were already basically relegated and the pressure was pretty much off. If were going to compare the two sides more fairly at least look perhaps at the amount of games under a fully formed squad this season. I may be proven wrong, but I would hazard a guess that the next 9 games following the window , if we bring in some attacking options (like we did with Babel last time) will yield a better result in points per game. I'm certainly willing to give it a try and I was concerned as anyone with Parkers performance last year and early this year
but that's what I did with the original post. We are further away from safety than we were at this stage in the 2018 season.

jayffc

Yes...but put simply...we didnt have 2 games in hand on one of those teams above us. If youd compared us after 17 games whilst Brighton had also only played 17, youd find us 2 points off safety given they wouldnt have played their last 2.

Just overall better to look objectively at how were shaping up, and what we look capable of doing now we have a considerably stronger defence and are currently looking to add some more firepower.

As stated ...under Roy Hodgson we were all but relegated with just a few games to play its foolish to get drawn into all this with over half a season to play. Let's just see where we are once the window closes and hope we have some capable reinforcements

fulhamben

Quote from: jayffc on January 17, 2021, 01:48:20 PM
Yes...but put simply...we didnt have 2 games in hand on one of those teams above us. If youd compared us after 17 games whilst Brighton had also only played 17, youd find us 2 points off safety given they wouldnt have played their last 2.

Just overall better to look objectively at how were shaping up, and what we look capable of doing now we have a considerably stronger defence and are currently looking to add some more firepower.

As stated ...under Roy Hodgson we were all but relegated with just a few games to play its foolish to get drawn into all this with over half a season to play. Let's just see where we are once the window closes and hope we have some capable reinforcements
so let me ask you this, do you think we would have stayed up if we never sacked sanchez and didnt appoint hodgson

Somerset Fulham

Hang on.... Are you comparing Parker to Sanchez?!

fulhamben

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 17, 2021, 02:08:21 PM
Hang on.... Are you comparing Parker to Sanchez?!
no, Sanchez had 13 points after 17 games and was only one point from safety. So there's not much comparison at all is there. Are you comparing Parker to Hodgson?

Somerset Fulham

fulhamben

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 17, 2021, 02:29:29 PM
I've not mentioned Hodgson?
no but jay did which is why i bought up sanchez and asked him if he thought we would have stayed up under him. ill ask you the same question, do you think, even though he was doing slightly better than we are now after 17 games that we would have stayed up if we hadnt of sacked sanchez?

FFC1987

I'm more optimistic under Parker now than I was under Sanchez back then and I still think we'll probably go down. Plus I enjoy one we see even if I come away disappointed not winning. Big difference.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 17, 2021, 02:33:41 PM
I'm more optimistic under Parker now than I was under Sanchez back then and I still think we'll probably go down. Plus I enjoy one we see even if I come away disappointed not winning. Big difference.
there was a stat wasnt there, that if games had of finished after 80 mins, then we would have been in the top 4 under sanchez. i see no difference between the 2 seasons apart fron sanchez team could attack but not defend where as parkers team can defend but not attack. is it better to drop points trying to win games or drop points by trying not to lose. is it easy to fix a leaky defence or is it easier to make yourself a more attacking threat.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 07:42:28 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on January 16, 2021, 07:40:59 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on January 16, 2021, 07:39:01 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 07:37:22 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on January 16, 2021, 07:35:38 PM
We%u2019ve also got two games in hand? Not sure how you can blame Parker for anything today but then you hate him so I%u2019m so you%u2019ll try
we have played the same amount of games as 17th place burnley who are 4 points ahead of us.

So four points with more than half the season left to play equals us being cut adrift. Interesting.

21 games to play and we need to get 4 points more than Burnley and we%u2019ve also got two games in hand over Brighton, but yeah by Bens logic we might as well forfeit now
oh im not forfeiting just yet. im hoping for a decent manager to come in and change our fortunes.

What is a decent manager? Identify them.

Scott is doing a great job as far as I can tell even if we end up relegated. We are now a team big teams are annoyed to play.

Sanchez had lost the dressing room from what I can remember, has that happened yet now?

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on January 17, 2021, 02:39:55 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 17, 2021, 02:33:41 PM
there was a stat wasnt there, that if games had of finished after 80 mins, then we would have been in the top 4 under sanchez. i see no difference between the 2 seasons apart fron sanchez team could attack but not defend where as parkers team can defend but not attack. is it better to drop points trying to win games or drop points by trying not to lose. is it easy to fix a leaky defence or is it easier to make yourself a more attacking threat.

It's a lot easier to allow your team to attack more but not worry about defending or points on the board than to be as hard to break down as we are. I see a massive gulf in difference. A stat about us conceding late goals doesn't change that.

fulhamben

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on January 17, 2021, 02:40:16 PM
We%u2019ve also got two games in hand? Not sure how you can blame Parker for anything today but then you hate him so I%u2019m so you%u2019ll try
we have played the same amount of games as 17th place burnley who are 4 points ahead of us.

So four points with more than half the season left to play equals us being cut adrift. Interesting.

21 games to play and we need to get 4 points more than Burnley and we%u2019ve also got two games in hand over Brighton, but yeah by Bens logic we might as well forfeit now
oh im not forfeiting just yet. im hoping for a decent manager to come in and change our fortunes.

Scott is doing a great job as far as I can tell even if we end up relegated. We are now a team big teams are annoyed to play.

Sanchez had lost the dressing room from what I can remember, has that happened yet now?
scott is doing a great job as far as you can tell even if we get relegated? is that how far we have fallen, that we are now just making up the numbers. no, getting relegated would not be classed as doing a great job, far from it. have some ambition. we have a good squad, albeit slightly light up top. sanchez was sacked after 19 games with 14 points on the board, 2 points from safety and a minus 14 goal difference. lets see if we can better that and then re visit this

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on January 17, 2021, 02:57:28 PM

scott is doing a great job as far as you can tell even if we get relegated? is that how far we have fallen, that we are now just making up the numbers. no, getting relegated would not be classed as doing a great job, far from it. have some ambition. we have a good squad, albeit slightly light up top. sanchez was sacked after 19 games with 14 points on the board, 2 points from safety and a minus 14 goal difference. lets see if we can better that and then re visit this

Sounds good. As I've said, lets re-visit after WestBrom and Brighton. Bad results against them and I think we'll see some very different opinions.

Fulham Tup North

I am quite interested to know who these 'decent managers' are that people want to replace Parker?? I cannot see a room full of  Pep's waiting for a job..... unless you would have wished we had gone for Big Sam 🤣🤣⚽️🤡
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 17, 2021, 03:06:19 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 17, 2021, 02:57:28 PM

Sounds good. As I've said, lets re-visit after WestBrom and Brighton. Bad results against them and I think we'll see some very different opinions.
yes 6 points from those 2 games changes everything. And hopefully we can do it. It's what happens if we don't beat them both that I am worried about.

SG

You will not hear a different opinion from me. He got us up and he can get us up again if the worst happens.
Look at Norwich if you want to see a good recent example. Top of the division having been easily relegated. Sold a couple of players to balance the books but kept a core.
If we go down I would back Scott to get us back up. Consistency of management and the stability it brings is so important. For the record I don't think we will go down

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 17, 2021, 03:12:45 PM
I am quite interested to know who these 'decent managers' are that people want to replace Parker?? I cannot see a room full of  Pep's waiting for a job..... unless you would have wished we had gone for Big Sam 🤣🤣⚽️🤡
well big Sam currently has a better points per game average than Parker. But I agree it probably wouldn't be much of an upgrade.