watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cav’s miss

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 16, 2021, 09:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

That was shocking. He's a professional footballer, and missed a blatant sitter. These misses are the reason we will be relegated if we are to be so.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

fulhamben

I'm gonna defend him. He's not a striker and should not be playing up front. But yes it was a shocking miss. If it goes in, Robinson probably doesn't get sent off and we go another game un beaten.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Finnans Right Peg

What a move for the chance just wish it fell to bobby

OtherHodgson

Somebody needs to take a look at Cav's footwear.  I thought I saw his plant foot slip about 4" as he went to strike the ball. Not the first time either though to slip on a penalty is crazy and worse.

Real striker please. 

COYW!

fulhamben

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on January 16, 2021, 09:48:03 PM
What a move for the chance just wish it fell to bobby
literally anyone else. I wish it had fallen to literally anyone else. Hell it would have probably had more chance of going in if it fell to a chelsea defender.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Well lets be honest & very forthright
Neither Cav or Kamara are Premiership standard, no consistency & no where near good enough
Loftus Cheek wanted back by Frunk, it's not our job to ensure that! Get rid of him tomorrow & create a place for a new signing! LFC doesn't want to stay with us for goodness sake!
Stop mucking about it's Premiership survival we are discussing!
Ant (or Dec) what a stupid thing to do.
Give a referee an excuse & he will take it
We can't afford VAR @ CC?
Certainly no check via that mode
Our talisman Mitro has gone awol - injured, not motivated, not part of Scotty's style of play who has any idea?
We need a new forward & if that happens it won't be until the last days of the January window 
Meanwhile matches to be played & points to gain or be lost
Soo disappointing today & other results have by & large gone against us today
So we pick ourselves up against Man U & try again - no other option
COYW!!

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Oh & I forgot to mention Loftus Cheek missed a sitter against Spuds that my granny could have put away
Send him back down the road - now!

Sgt Fulham

Seen Cav mishit/slip like this a few times now. Don't know if it's down to pressure, technique, or even footwear.

SouthIslandWhite

Today's miss was bad indeed, but Cav has never shown the ability to score on that play. He just doesn't have that finish in his locker, I am sorry to say.

The good news is that today should wake up everyone at the club to the reality that we need a striker and we need one fast. I would be very surprised if we don't sign somebody soon. Dwight Gayle.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 09:33:51 PM
I'm gonna defend him. He's not a striker and should not be playing up front. But yes it was a shocking miss. If it goes in, Robinson probably doesn't get sent off and we go another game un beaten.
[/quote
Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 09:33:51 PM
Really no defense for that miss, our keeper could have scored.

bill taylors apprentice

Not for the first time he showed very poor technique but who else is there?

Statto

These things happen to every player. Reid has also missed plenty of sitters. He was on course to become the new Aluko not that long ago. Even Lookman missed a penalty in such a manner that the internet is still laughing at him. Mitro also missed a penalty, among other chances. Don't even get me started on Kamara (who also missed a penalty once)...

The bottom line is Cavaleiro is a decent-but-not-spectacular winger, not a CF who's going to fire us up the table. We need more up front with Mitro unfit/off form, and that's on TK. The window has been open for 16 days and we've not even had a credible rumour linking us to a forward yet. Generally there's some leakage prior to us announcing a transfer so I suspect we're not even close. It'll be another Lazar Markovic on the last day of the window.

KJS

It happens all players miss scoring even the like of Gieroud and Verner 🙄

bobbo

If ever there was away of highlighting what we need that Miss was it.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

love4ffc

The build up in play leading to that chance was superb.  Had Cav put that away it would of been a candidate for goal of the season. 

Love Cav, think he is a great guy with a lot to offer.  Think if Cav had scored today that he might have really started to get his confidence about him and taken it forward. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

hopper

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on January 16, 2021, 09:59:02 PM
Oh & I forgot to mention Loftus Cheek missed a sitter against Spuds that my granny could have put away
Send him back down the road - now!

Which chance was this? Can only recall that high volley from edge of box, and that was a hard chance

Andy S

We are looking for the perfect centre forward. Unfortunately he does not exist and if he did he wouldn't be playing for us

Twig

Quote from: Andy S on January 16, 2021, 11:33:53 PM
We are looking for the perfect centre forward. Unfortunately he does not exist and if he did he wouldn't be playing for us

No, just a Prem standard striker who might conceivably achieve double figures in a season. Not too much to ask surely?

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Twig on January 17, 2021, 12:28:35 AM
Quote from: Andy S on January 16, 2021, 11:33:53 PM

No, just a Prem standard striker who might conceivably achieve double figures in a season. Not too much to ask surely?
Even that bloke Brentford signed probably would have had a few goals for us by now. 

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on January 16, 2021, 10:02:20 PM
Today's miss was bad indeed, but Cav has never shown the ability to score on that play. He just doesn't have that finish in his locker, I am sorry to say.

The good news is that today should wake up everyone at the club to the reality that we need a striker and we need one fast. I would be very surprised if we don't sign somebody soon. Dwight Gayle.

But this is the same player that when he first signed was banging them in from the edge of the box for fun  :023:
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996