watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2 goals scored (plus an OG) in 7 matches

Started by Denver Fulham, January 16, 2021, 09:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Fulham

Being hard to beat is great, but you can't win without goals.

If we don't invest in a quality pacey finisher before the end of the month, I don't see how we can stay up. Allowing (less than) a goal a match is great at this level, but not when you only score once every two matches, if that.

SouthIslandWhite

We could go down this year with maybe the best keeper in the division and one of the most organized defenses. And why?

Because we are the type of club which puts only one quality ball into the box perfectly onto a right footed "goal scorer" he panics and he kicks it off his other foot. Fulham's abysmal finishing could indeed cost us the Prem. We have two weeks to sign a striker and we better get on with it or we're done. Dwight Gayle.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

hopper

We clearly need a striker, and the Mitro situation is such a disappointment.

Feel like a broken record, but I strongly believe everyone all over the team needs to step up in this regard. We don't score any goals from set pieces, and the midfielders aren't scoring enough either. A striker would help, but players all over the pitch need to chip in if we want to stay up.

ALG01

i go told off for saying this after the last game.

we needed a forward in the last window, and given that we did not get one surely our leader knew he hgad to get somebody in the first week in jan, not leave it.

cav is doing his best but he is not the right man and mitro is injured/unhappy or whatever but has not been the man he was this season.

filham

Absolutely agree that we need a new striker but our chances of getting one in the next two weeks, who is better than Mitro, Cav., Reid, Kamara or Kebana are not that good,
Essential that Parker sorts the problem with Mitro, what ever that is. Mitro is by far our best striker.

ALG01

Quote from: filham on January 16, 2021, 10:05:21 PM
Absolutely agree that we need a new striker but our chances of getting one in the next two weeks, who is better than Mitro, Cav., Reid, Kamara or Kebana are not that good,
Essential that Parker sorts the problem with Mitro, what ever that is. Mitro is by far our best striker.

i think we should try. we got babel before, and there may be a couple about that need a second (or first) chance

Twig

As I understand it, the problem with Mitro is an injury so unless SP is a miracle worker he just has to wait for Mitro to regain full fitness.  However i don't think even a fully fit a Mitro would fit comfortably into our current style.

We need a bloody striker and TK needs to step and sign one. End of, simples.

jayffc

.....once again.....for the thousandth time.....the club know this. As stated by Parker... we are working to bring in forward options, it might take until the end of the window for all the reasons already stated.

Now have a lie down till then

Bocanegra

I feel like having a solid set piece taker is so important for teams like us.

Just adds that extra threat from free kicks, corners etc that we have massively lacked in recent years. Look at the power someone like JWP has for Southampton.

jayffc

Quote from: Bocanegra on January 16, 2021, 10:39:38 PM
I feel like having a solid set piece taker is so important for teams like us.

Just adds that extra threat from free kicks, corners etc that we have massively lacked in recent years. Look at the power someone like JWP has for Southampton.
we seem to go to the same set piece everytime at the moment from free kicks.... swing it to the back post for Tosin/Joachim to try and head across ....nearly worked early on, but now it's all we do and I think its getting predictable

ffc73

With the COVID situation as well as Brexit work permit issues we are unlikely to have until the end of the window.  I cannot see any charter flights coming in from overseas on deadline day for a player to wait in quarantine for 14-days & then find he can't work in UK...

If we get anyone it is likely to be someone in UK & I have no idea who anybody will sell as every team is wanting a striker to win games for them.

bill taylors apprentice

I would have played AK today in place of Cav.
For no other reason that it might surprise the opponents and he might deliver one of his occasional good games.

@jolslover

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on January 16, 2021, 10:46:31 PM
I would have played AK today in place of Cav.
For no other reason that it might surprise the opponents and he might deliver one of his occasional good games.

After Cavs performance against Tottenham why would you drop him
STH H3

ALG01

Quote from: jayffc on January 16, 2021, 10:37:28 PM
.....once again.....for the thousandth time.....the club know this. As stated by Parker... we are working to bring in forward options, it might take until the end of the window for all the reasons already stated.

I have to say what reasons are they? I really have no idea why there has been so little action other than it fits the pattern of the last few seasons.

Asotosyios

Even though we need a striker suitable to Parker's tactics, I think our main problem is that simply we don't create enough chances.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Maidstone Lee

We have to have a forward in by the Brighton and West Brom games, have to! We have a real chance of staying up and 2 two games are a great opportunity to get a run going. Having a new (hopefully quick) striker  available could make a lot of difference.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

jayffc

Quote from: ALG01 on January 16, 2021, 10:48:23 PM

I have to say what reasons are they? I really have no idea why there has been so little action other than it fits the pattern of the last few seasons.

We have been through this for entire multiple page long threads on multiple threads about the same topic... that you apparently refuse to listen to any if the multiple reasons that have been given as to why a transfer for our top targets have not have been made yet is not reason to circle back on this yet again.

As it stands there have been very few signings of note by any premier league clubs yet and it is likely to be the last week of the window until we see more, if any, movement from most clubs, were  not alone in that because the reasons for it are the same for most clubs

ALG01

Quote from: jayffc on January 17, 2021, 12:46:55 AM

We have been through this for entire multiple page long threads on multiple threads about the same topic... that you apparently refuse to listen to any if the multiple reasons that have been given as to why a transfer for our top targets have not have been made yet is not reason to circle back on this yet again.

As it stands there have been very few signings of note by any premier league clubs yet and it is likely to be the last week of the window until we see more, if any, movement from most clubs, were  not alone in that because the reasons for it are the same for most clubs

actually your forst para is wrong. I have not seen any reasons that are 'proper.' If our leader wanted us to get a forward or two they would  be here by now.
whether other clubs have made signings is no reason for us not too.

We are now in a good position because the team is suddenly playing well, looks organised and ready to shoot up the table. Anattractive option for a second string /out of favour/aspiring player looking for a chance. but I remain none the wiser as to why we have been unabvle to get a forward not just this window but several before as well...we had mitro, but nobody else that is a proper leader of the line. this has been going on for some time, the last decent forward we got was babel and even he was not quite an out and out striker.

I really hope we get some action soon or the season may just slip away from us.

jayffc

Quote from: ALG01 on January 17, 2021, 01:11:34 AM
Quote from: jayffc on January 17, 2021, 12:46:55 AM

actually your forst para is wrong. I have not seen any reasons that are 'proper.' If our leader wanted us to get a forward or two they would  be here by now.
whether other clubs have made signings is no reason for us not too.

We are now in a good position because the team is suddenly playing well, looks organised and ready to shoot up the table. Anattractive option for a second string /out of favour/aspiring player looking for a chance. but I remain none the wiser as to why we have been unabvle to get a forward not just this window but several before as well...we had mitro, but nobody else that is a proper leader of the line. this has been going on for some time, the last decent forward we got was babel and even he was not quite an out and out striker.

I really hope we get some action soon or the season may just slip away from us.

No youre right, the reason we havent signed a striker with 2 weeks left of the window is because "our leader" doesnt want to sign one. Obviously that's the logical conclusion. That seems a much more reasonable and nuanced point of view.
That he isnt currently pursuing or negotiating with any targets (despite Parker insinuating publically were looking to strengthen our forward line)

If only Tony just wanted a striker, hed click his fingers and the transfer process would be done straight away with zero problems. Theyd just agree outright to whatever terms we throw at them, no need for negotiations, the club they're at will take whatever our offer for them is, cos hey, I mean   come on Tony wants the guy. They wouldnt worry whatsoever about replacing that player first or trying to line someone up themselves before letting them leave...what a ridiculous thing to suggest... The player and his agent will definitely hear the word Fulham, and drop any hope of signing for any other team immediately and 100% wont wait it out a couple weeks to see if any other enquiries he may have recieved from other teams come through with a higher/better/more attractive option...the agent will almost certainly not use any of that interest to negotiate for more money, why do that for their client...especially if Tony wants them.

The player is guaranteed not to contract Covid during a global pandemic and quarantine laws will in no way effect any of the process, including the medical (I mean it happened twice in the summer to us alone but ya know what I mean, guaranteed to not be a problem if Tony wants them)
The government definitely will overlook their need to apply for a work permit due to new brexit regulations and just say f it..Tony Khan wants this guy, skip the paper work everyone!

There is literally no reasonable reasons why a transfer might take until the latter part of the window.....the only reason is cos Tony ,a stats expert, hadnt realised we havent scored enough goals this year and is a total idiot. I mean...last time he signed a world class striker in Mitro was on the last day of the January window, a player that until recently had been the epitome of a forward  "leading he line" for us and basically secured our promotion to the premier league that year, but that didnt happen, what?What are you talking about, who even said that? Look over there!

My mistake. God...I wish we could contact Tony and encourage him to want a striker, hes gonna be so shocked when finds out we need one. Although you're probably right, even if he does know, hed probably deliberately not get one so we stand less chance of staying up cos thatd be really good for him and his dad.

Bloody Tony Khan amirightttt what an idiot.

FFC In Oz

Any striker in Ligue 1 would be better than Cav, Kamara or Kebano