more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WBA

Started by FFC In Oz, January 17, 2021, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC In Oz

Have now won more games than us.

They've won twice since Big Sam got appointed - in a handful of games.

I can't help but feel he would have been the man for the job

hongkongfulham

Have to say I respectfully disagree on this one. As soon as i heard he got the job i thought they were down.

Personally think the game has changed beyond him

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: hongkongfulham on January 17, 2021, 08:28:13 AM
Have to say I respectfully disagree on this one. As soon as i heard he got the job i thought they were down.

Yep, I agree with this. He from the same school as Pardew, Bruce, Curbishley, Moyes and Warnock. Even Roy to an extent.
Outdated and poor tactics.

FFC In Oz

We'll see.

There's a reason he hasn't been relegated yet.

hovewhite

Tend to agree his time is passed, guess we will see come end of season.

MJG

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on January 17, 2021, 09:01:07 AM

Yep, I agree with this. He from the same school as Pardew, Bruce, Curbishley, Moyes and Warnock. Even Roy to an extent.
Outdated and poor tactics.
maybe so but he was one point behind us when he joined them and he's still one point behind us. Dangerous to write him off because for all his faults he knows how to get things out of teams. Its not pretty and I personally dont think he will do it this time, but for all the praise Parker and the team are getting, we are in a worse position today than a month ago when he joined WBA.
Just the views of a long term fan

hongkongfulham

Of course happy to hold my hands up if he pulls it off! Both managers will be judged on the games against teams in and around us, with draws against big dogs providing little more than sparkle in the grand scheme.

Wingnut

Not a fan of his style of football, but he has them moving in the right direction. We play them at the end of the month, and they've Sheffield United away after that. Two massive games that'll tell us a lot about them.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

hopper

For what it's worth - WBA have now won 2 which is the same as us and not more

FFC1987

Personally, I think it's a cop out to suggest the guy is a dinosaur or not good at his job. I don't like him but you can to respect his results. Granted Wolves were dreadful yesterday. Coady was shocking and they gave away very cheap penalties but Big Sam has a habit of unflattering football which make them both hard to beat and a danger. Not so much against top teams, but against midtable to lower table teams which is how you stay in a division.

For what its worth, I'd of hated him at Fulham. With a passion in fact. But you have to respect his career in a results driven industry. I still think they'll go down but they've closed the gap since he was appointed.

EricB

I watched most of their game yesterday and they got "lucky" with a lot of decisions. They also intimidated Wolves with their aggression. I am not sure other referees would have been as favourable.

RaySmith

Intimidating refs, and  getting decisions to go your way, is part of Big Sam's style.

i also think he's instilled a team spirit and  battling,  never say day, ethos in the players.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: hopper on January 17, 2021, 01:02:00 PM
For what it's worth - WBA have now won 2 which is the same as us and not more

I realised after I'd posted but never modified the post.

They've won more games than us since he's been appointed at least.

Woolly Mammoth

I don't blame Sam for getting teams to play the way they do to survive, that is what he is paid to do, and there is more than one way to win a football match especially in their position.
However In Fulhams case we have the quality to move up the table which could be and should be accelerated by the addition of at least another striker.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

They've done the same as us since he took over, 4 pts from 5 games. Yes they've won one but they've also lost 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0 in that time, whereas we've consistently kept our games tight, even against strong opposition. Plus we had the Covid outbreak to deal with. I don't think you can say much either way about who's looking better or worse. The margins are always going to fine at our end of the table. But it's really important IMO that we start making the most of the six-pointers because we haven't done that so far. If we can't beat any of the other relegation candidates, we won't stay up, and we won't deserve to stay up either.

Somerset Fulham

Statto is right.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Statto on January 17, 2021, 02:09:52 PM
They've done the same as us since he took over, 4 pts from 5 games. Yes they've won one but they've also lost 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0 in that time, whereas we've consistently kept our games tight, even against strong opposition. Plus we had the Covid outbreak to deal with. I don't think you can say much either way about who's looking better or worse. The margins are always going to fine at our end of the table. But it's really important IMO that we start making the most of the six-pointers because we haven't done that so far. If we can't beat any of the other relegation candidates, we won't stay up, and we won't deserve to stay up either.

You're right Statto.

We need to start winning.  It's not the games against Spurs, Chelsea & United.

We NEED to beat Brighton, WBA, Burnley & Leeds

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 17, 2021, 02:17:01 PM

You're right Statto.

beating Man U would also be very helpful.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: fulhamben on January 17, 2021, 02:22:55 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 17, 2021, 02:17:01 PM

You're right Statto.

beating Man U would also be very helpful.

Would be a bonus 3 points that's for sure Ben.

Hopefully in a couple of hours time Fernandes & Maguire have picked up bookings so they won't make the trip

St Eve

Yesterday was not a good day at the office but we are a far better team than W Brom and Sheffield Utd. I would also include Newcastle in that statement. We are as good as Brighton and Burnley and if you saw Leeds and Wolves yesterday they were awful. The problem is our season didn't start until 6 games into it and hopefully the damage wasn't already done. I think we will survive but we have to start winning and what better time to start than against the league leaders