watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team vs Man Utd?

Started by Maidstone Lee, January 17, 2021, 11:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidstone Lee

Looks like we'll be forced into a few changes with Robinson and Reid both suspended. No word as yet on Lemina or Mitro but I suspect Parker would favour Cavaleiro over Mitro anyway. RLC will likely come straight back in. Back 5 pretty much picks itself nowadays.

Areola

Aina Andersen Adarabioyo

Tete                                     Bryan
               Anguissa Reed

RLC                   Lookman

Cavaleiro
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

fulhamben

I think that's what he will go with. At the very least I would swap cav out for ak. Or call up one of the kids. Just want to see one striker start a game for a change.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Finnans Right Peg

Id like to see lookman up top and either kebano or cav on the wing .Failing that just start ak up front and let the madness commence

hovewhite

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on January 17, 2021, 11:34:36 AM
Looks like we'll be forced into a few changes with Robinson and Reid both suspended. No word as yet on Lemina or Mitro but I suspect Parker would favour Cavaleiro over Mitro anyway. RLC will likely come straight back in. Back 5 pretty much picks itself nowadays.

Areola

Aina Andersen Adarabioyo

Tete                                     Bryan
               Anguissa Reed

RLC                   Lookman

Cavaleiro
would put kebano for cav in that ine up

FFC1987

Pending injuries, I assum eit'll be the same but Bryan for Robinson and TLC in for Reid.

St Eve

We need to start winning and to do that we need to score. Therefore Mitro has to play

roberto w6

From Maidstone Lee's team I'd have Kamara in for RLC but with Cav on the right and Kamara in the middle.
Cav is not a finisher but his running around disturbs defences. Kamara can mix it which Man U won't like.
If one of their defenders has the measure of any of the 3 in this formation then they can swap around. I like the idea of the front 3 (ideally BDR, Cav and Lookman for me  until we get a new signing) playing in the style they do but constantly rotating to cause confusion in the opposition. Not a new idea - Ajax won 3 European Cups doing it in the 1970s, although admittedly the quality of their talent pool was amongst the best in history so any formation would probably have worked...

Twig

I don't think AK is very effective as a starter, never really has been. I'd try Kebano as the CF and move Cav out wide. RLC on the bench. If after half an hour or so it isn't working then swop Cav and Kebano around. It has some flexibility. If neither Kebano nor Cav look effective through the middle we can either try moving Lookman inside or bring on RLC.

Andyb

Quote from: Twig on January 17, 2021, 01:20:02 PM
I don't think AK is very effective as a starter, never really has been. I'd try Kebano as the CF and move Cav out wide. RLC on the bench. If after half an hour or so it isn't working then swop Cav and Kebano around. It has some flexibility. If neither Kebano nor Cav look effective through the middle we can either try moving Lookman inside or bring on RLC.

Like idea kebano up front, knows how to finish

Woolly Mammoth

I would play Ruben and Kebano before Kamara, they are both footballers, whereas AK is a brainless loose cannon who is unreliable.
So would you risk Fulhams future on a brainless unreliable loose cannon over and above Kebano and Ruben, I doubt it.
AK coming on with half hour to go for a particular reason, I can understand that, but his record in the 100 yards sprint will not save Fulham if he starts matches when there are better alternatives.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

Interesting to see how many subs SP puts out.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 17, 2021, 01:54:02 PM
I would play Ruben and Kebano before Kamara, they are both footballers, whereas AK is a brainless loose cannon who is unreliable.
So would you risk Fulhams future on a brainless unreliable loose cannon over and above Kebano and Ruben, I doubt it.
AK coming on with half hour to go for a particular reason, I can understand that, but his record in the 100 yards sprint will not save Fulham if he starts matches when there are better alternatives.
so it has be kebano then doesn't it. As both Rubens and cav have been tried as the central man and both have failed badly. I'd call up tiehi Carvalho and jasper. Don't see how they could be any worse.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Asotosyios

Unless Parker is preparing a huge surprise, we all know that the first 11 will be the team posted by the OP - perhaps with Lemina in place of Reed if he's available.

LC

If Mitrovic was on the end of the Cav chance on the weekend he would have scored regardless of form.
We need to play him ahead of Cav. If he's not fit, I think you need to play someone else up top- probably BDR.

I would go with this Lookman up top with Kebano on the wing against United as I know BDR is out.

On a plus note, RLC, BDR, Robinson, Lemina, Cairney & Mitrovic should all be relatively fresh for the big games ahead 

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Andyb on January 17, 2021, 01:47:53 PM
Quote from: Twig on January 17, 2021, 01:20:02 PM

Like idea kebano up front, knows how to finish

I agree.  He is our our best bet and knows how to hit the back of the net. It seems a few have forgotten.  Probably bring on AK to confuse everyone (including himself) with 20 to go and he'll put on a masterclass and score a couple of Maradonaesque worldies and get us the 3 points.  Then i'll wake up.

Milo

Think it'll be as per OP.

Think it'll be a similar story ie very good up to the wings and then Bryan and Tete putting in crosses to no striker.

Mitrovic would change that but where's his head? Does he still want to play? Parker's press conferences seemed guarded suggesting not.
If Mitrovic did play we would counter attack less quickly but he should thrive off Tete/Bryan crosses.

Finnans Right Peg

Quote from: LC on January 17, 2021, 11:43:42 PM
If Mitrovic was on the end of the Cav chance on the weekend he would have scored regardless of form.
We need to play him ahead of Cav. If he's not fit, I think you need to play someone else up top- probably BDR.

I would go with this Lookman up top with Kebano on the wing against United as I know BDR is out.

On a plus note, RLC, BDR, Robinson, Lemina, Cairney & Mitrovic should all be relatively fresh for the big games ahead 

Mitro wouldn't have been able to keep up wiith the pace of the counter attack .I think thats the problem and with his form this season when he played I wouldn't be so sure he would score it

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on January 17, 2021, 04:21:11 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 17, 2021, 01:54:02 PM
so it has be kebano then doesn't it. As both Rubens and cav have been tried as the central man and both have failed badly. I'd call up tiehi Carvalho and jasper. Don't see how they could be any worse.

I agree, I don't think they can do any worse and under the circumstances it is definitely worth a try. Because it appears we are not resolving this baron run of a lack of goals using the same faces.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: St Eve on January 17, 2021, 01:04:00 PM
We need to start winning and to do that we need to score. Therefore Mitro has to play
Fully agree but only if Mitro is fully fit.

General

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on January 17, 2021, 11:53:09 AM
Id like to see lookman up top and either kebano or cav on the wing .Failing that just start ak up front and let the madness commence

Agree with this... Cav isn't making the most of the gluttony of chances he's being handed on a plate... how he missed the one Tete gave him is criminal at this level. Lookman,or even Mitro - in fact particularly mitro - would've scored that opportunity.

I really think we should be putting mitro in the team and up front. He set up one against QPR in the only game he's started in a while, which shows he's still got some sharpness - seems such a stubborn idea to not use him, he's clearly our most clinical striker.