watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I am proud of the team

Started by Nightwind15, January 17, 2021, 01:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightwind15

It is amazing to watch this squad as they battle and improve each week.  They are physical and a very hard working group.  In the past they have been a bit painful to watch but I believe we are on the brink of breaking through the bottom and into safety.
I played in the first match I ever saw!

SP

Good call.  After the disappointment of losing to a team like them, I'm forever grateful we don't have cheating little sh*ts who scream to the ref every five minutes.

The other issue for me is that the gap with the rest of the league isn't that big now.  Although Ch*lsea are a Europa League team at best, we did create chances & on another day may've got something.

Hopefully the boys will continue fighting & improving. Robinson's red has been discussed in detail but I'll now view this as a player totally committed to our cause.

Twig

Agree, they are all playing for one another and SP has done a good job of getting them organised and motivated. Much better to watch than previously.  We could do with a fit and confident TC and Mitro to give us more options and obviously we need to sign a striker but we're getting there.

JimOG

Quote from: Nightwind15 on January 17, 2021, 01:08:35 PM
It is amazing to watch this squad as they battle and improve each week.  They are physical and a very hard working group.  In the past they have been a bit painful to watch but I believe we are on the brink of breaking through the bottom and into safety.

That moment latish in the second half when Reed (I really love his attitude) & I think Andersen raced across to put Chelsea captain off the shot he had lined up supports your comment. Like many I hope was stay up because we could have a team more successful that the Tigana or Hodgson eras and one of which to be more than proud

Somerset Fulham

They are still giving it a go, with ten men against a squad that had over a quarter of a billion pounds spent on it.

I cannot unnderstand why people are whingeing because we lost.  Lose the next one (against a side bang in form) and the hysteria will start again, and it's unwarranted.

FFC1987

I'm conflicted on this. I'm both immensely proud, and immensely disappointed by them. I'm proud to wear the shirt even after a loss in a local Derby as they did indeed, show passion and grit determination but then I find myself disappointed that we've played really well again, not created enough and come away feeling like we should of taken something from the game. To put this into perspective, I've felt this very loss feeling in the following games, Chelsea, Brighton, Newcastle, Spurs, Liverpool, Westham and Everton. It does get me down looking back on those performances, then at the league table being 4 points adrift with only 2 wins to our name.

Cambridge Pete

Posted a similar thread after the final whistle that has disappeared (Odd) but fully agree disappointed but proud of them