News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Question: How Many Games Will Robinson Miss?

Started by WindyCity, January 17, 2021, 04:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

fulhamben

There's no set amount. Reds like these are done case by case. I'm hoping we can get it down to a maximum of two games. He wouldn't have played against burnley in the cup anyway so would be back for the must win game against Brighton. But that said, if Bryan steps up against United then Robinson's place shouldn't be guaranteed anyway.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

sarnian

FFC In Oz

Quote from: fulhamben on January 17, 2021, 04:27:26 PM
There's no set amount. Reds like these are done case by case. I'm hoping we can get it down to a maximum of two games. He wouldn't have played against burnley in the cup anyway so would be back for the must win game against Brighton. But that said, if Bryan steps up against United then Robinson's place shouldn't be guaranteed anyway.

I believe the suspension is only applicable to the competition it was given in - thus if it's a 3 match ban it's only 3 league matches that he will miss

love4ffc

Quote from: sarnian on January 17, 2021, 04:29:05 PM
3 game ban for dangerous play.

I believe Sarnian is correct.   A sending off due to a second yellow card will result in a one-match ban, as will a red card received for a professional foul. Dissent leading to a red card will generally earn a two-match ban, while violent conduct can be punished with a suspension for three games.

Which would mean Robinson will miss United, Brighton & West Brom taking Fulham out till the end of January.  He should be available for the FA Cup match against Burnley. 

At least that is my understanding. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 17, 2021, 04:46:09 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 17, 2021, 04:27:26 PM

I believe the suspension is only applicable to the competition it was given in - thus if it's a 3 match ban it's only 3 league matches that he will miss
when did that change? League suspensions always used to count in fa cup games.

fulhamben

love4ffc

I stand corrected. 

Changes to last season will see yellow cards only counting in the competition they are received.

Red cards will continue to count across all competitions.

In which case, if Robinson misses the Burnley FA Cup match then he should be avialable for West Brom. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

FFC In Oz

Quote from: love4ffc on January 17, 2021, 04:52:14 PM
I stand corrected. 

Changes to last season will see yellow cards only counting in the competition they are received.

In which case, if Robinson misses the Burnley FA Cup match then he should be avialable for West Brom. 

I stand corrected.

Thanks for the clarification!

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 17, 2021, 04:58:33 PM
I stand corrected. 

I stand corrected.

and like I say, 3 games is the maximum penalty and I'm hoping we can get it lowered. It wasn't a leg breaker and borderline red card in the first place.

Whitesideup

Quote from: fulhamben on January 17, 2021, 05:01:03 PM
I stand corrected. 

I stand corrected.

and like I say, 3 games is the maximum penalty and I'm hoping we can get it lowered. It wasn't a leg breaker and borderline red card in the first place.
Hope that's right. There was no malice in the tackle. Saw one in the  Cardiff V Norwich game that was very similar, if anything a bit worse as there looked like more intent. Straight .... yellow.

bobbo

back in the day, dangerous play was one of the 18 technical offences which warranted an indirect free kick . However things have changed , and whilst it still exists when did you last see a ref give an indirect free kick other than for offside.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bobbo

The powers that be have tailored the game to suit themselves rather than the people who play it.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

fulhamben

Quote from: bobbo on January 17, 2021, 09:52:16 PM
back in the day, dangerous play was one of the 18 technical offences which warranted an indirect free kick . However things have changed , and whilst it still exists when did you last see a ref give an indirect free kick other than for offside.
there was a back pass in a prem game last week I think. Can't remember who, but that was an indirect free kick in the box.

WindyCity

Quote from: Whitesideup on January 17, 2021, 06:46:26 PM
It wasn't a leg breaker and borderline red card in the first place.
Hope that's right. There was no malice in the tackle. Saw one in the  Cardiff V Norwich game that was very similar, if anything a bit worse as there looked like more intent. Straight .... yellow.

Agree with the above.  When watching it live when it first happened, I thought probably a yellow.  Was very surprised to see the red come out.  Thought that was rather harsh.  Upon viewing replays, it almost looked like Robinsons' trailing foot is what caused the most impact.  There were no spikes 'up'.  Thought the red was harsh.  Hopefully, he won't miss too many games.  I think this youngster has been a key element in FFC getting back to Prem quality.

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: WindyCity on January 18, 2021, 04:06:39 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on January 17, 2021, 06:46:26 PM
It wasn't a leg breaker and borderline red card in the first place.

Agree with the above.  When watching it live when it first happened, I thought probably a yellow.  Was very surprised to see the red come out.  Thought that was rather harsh.  Upon viewing replays, it almost looked like Robinsons' trailing foot is what caused the most impact.  There were no spikes 'up'.  Thought the red was harsh.  Hopefully, he won't miss too many games.  I think this youngster has been a key element in FFC getting back to Prem quality.
I think the ref was influenced by the Chelsea baby screaming.  Should get a retrospective ban for that scream alone. 

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk