Main Menu

Is Parker going to wait until united are out of sight

Started by fulhamben, January 20, 2021, 09:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pieter A’dam

Quote from: fulhamben on January 20, 2021, 10:17:48 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 20, 2021, 10:15:56 PM
Quote from: Asotosyios on January 20, 2021, 09:46:48 PM
Ben has a point - aren't we allowed to say that Parker should make a change earlier?
No mate he has an agenda against Parker - end of!
He's the first person to come on here when we let a goal in, the first on here when we lose, but nowhere to be seen when we win!
well that's a lie I've praised Scott on both the occasions that we have won this season. And even in some draws. 2 wins in 18 now though.
What Ben is saying here is making sense to me. Changes came too late today. And indeed Ben was full of praise to Parker after the Spurs draw. In my opinion he was wrong in his views after the draws against Brighton and Southampton; The team was not ready for a more more attacking set- up then IMO. But Ok this is forum for debate and not group think. What about today ? The odds are against us and there is nothing to loose after we go down 1-2. At that point we should have taken more risk and play more direct. Other than that: good play by Reed, RLC, Tosin, Andersen and Tete. Anguissa not as good today and the first goal was a mistake by Areola (as against Chelsea), however couple of great saves as well. For the next 2 games: we need 4 points I would say. Since TK will not buy us a striker, it's perhaps time to start playing with more ambition knowing our defense is solid.   

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 20, 2021, 10:26:24 PM
Man U are now top of the League they won only 2 1 and they knew we had given them a game. We gave it our best shot on the night under the circumstances, anyone can be wise after the event. We had our moments to score but were not clinical enough, but we cannot beat ourselves up over it.
This match certainly confirmed that we are light up front and it has to be priority to bring at least one forward in. It will be an investment in Fulhams  future in the top flight.
It was not Parker's fault that our excellent goalkeeper spilled the ball for their first goal, and when there is nobody on the bench SP can really turn to to save the game, that is not his fault either. Look at the quality of the subs that United brought on.
Do not underestimate this Fulham team as we now have some opportunities to pick up some wins, providing we get the reinforcement/s.

This, all day long.

That was a horrible run of fixtures that we have just come out of.  Of course a point every three games isn't enough, but it's something I that I would have taken going into those three.

Now is the time to show that we can step it up a bit.