watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can't catch a break

Started by Nightwind15, January 22, 2021, 12:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightwind15

I have never seen any club play with such intensity and not win matches.  Fulham is so entertaining but we simply cannot get a bit of luck to go with the hard work the team puts in during the matches.  Come on Lady Luck throw us a bone!!
I played in the first match I ever saw!

JoelH5

You make your own luck. If you have to say we are unlucky every week, we're obviously not unlucky
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Craven Mad

I honestly think one or two new players would transform us. We're not clinical enough right now - it's the only thing we need to fix.

filham

A little bit of luck is always an essential ingredient but so is the ability to take your goal scoring chances.

Jim©

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 22, 2021, 12:02:30 PM
You make your own luck. If you have to say we are unlucky every week, we're obviously not unlucky

I've never quite understood this.
There's no such thing as making your own luck at all, or else we'd all be at it.
Burnley have looked poor though combative this season. They looked exactly that last night, Liverpool weren't given a clear handball, then Burnley  (after conceeding 27 shots) got a debatable pen in my mind.

We've certainly not had the rub of the green, RLC's trip that wasn't a pen the other night perhaps a sign things will be on the turn??

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Jim© on January 22, 2021, 12:26:54 PM

I've never quite understood this.
There's no such thing as making your own luck at all, or else we'd all be at it.
Burnley have looked poor though combative this season. They looked exactly that last night, Liverpool weren't given a clear handball, then Burnley  (after conceeding 27 shots) got a debatable pen in my mind.

We've certainly not had the rub of the green, RLC's trip that wasn't a pen the other night perhaps a sign things will be on the turn??

Put it another way, Gary Player, a famous multiple major winning golfer once said:

"The more I practise, the luckier I get"

That might be a better way of putting it.

I disagree that we've been unlucky, because put simply, we need to do better in front of goal.  Sometimes the  cross or the final ball lets us down too.

These are things that we can work on, and quite honestly, should be doing better.

Nightwind15

Anyone that has ever struck a shot at the 8 foot by 20 foot goal can tell you there is always a bit of luck involved. One inch off the center of the ball at contact transfers to ten feet twenty yard from goal.
I played in the first match I ever saw!

Mince n Tatties

Agree....We haven't had much rub of the green first half of season.... Maybe lady luck will give us a little piece of it from now on.
We bleedin need it.

Slaphead in Qatar

We have also shot ourselves in the foot a few times - missed pens, Robinson sending off, missed easy chances. None of that is bad luck.

Steven Ageroad

The last time were in the Premier League we had no luck at all and other teams had all the luck.

One match comes to mind the match against Burnley, our bogey team of many years, we lost 2-0, 2 own goals and they never registered a shot on goal all afternoon!

toshes mate

As the saying goes 'One moment of bliss repays countless hours of pain'.

WindyCity

:plus one: