https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next two league games make or break

Started by Worcesterwhite, January 20, 2021, 10:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on January 21, 2021, 04:07:21 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 20, 2021, 10:56:49 PM
Yes it has got to that stage now that we need to win both these matches. By the way has our imminently new striker reached Motspur Park yet.
Yes but after failing the penalty test of converting 2 from 10 and also failing the shots on target test (from 20 yards) of 3 from 10, he has been signed for 30m as he was considered better than the players already on our books!

Splendid but why was he walking with a limp when he arrived for his medical and then left the ground being carried out on a stretcher ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BarryP

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 22, 2021, 12:17:27 AM
Yes it has got to that stage now that we need to win both these matches. By the way has our imminently new striker reached Motspur Park yet.
Yes but after failing the penalty test of converting 2 from 10 and also failing the shots on target test (from 20 yards) of 3 from 10, he has been signed for 30m as he was considered better than the players already on our books!

Splendid but why was he walking with a limp when he arrived for his medical and then left the ground being carried out on a stretcher ?

The medical is tough
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 22, 2021, 12:17:27 AM

I didn´t want to state that point, wouldn´t have looked good for our scouting staff.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

WindyCity

Quote from: RaySmith on January 21, 2021, 04:58:53 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on January 21, 2021, 03:58:33 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on January 21, 2021, 03:49:56 PM
I think we are 'too good to go down'
We have to start facing reality!  Can't continue the whole campaign hoping against hope that every team around us loses all of their games.  We won't be too good to go down if FFC draws or loses in either of these next two games.  Simple as that.  We've all seen the improvements in this team (mostly defensively) and some 'good' shows against top clubs, but it's now time to start producing three points v teams around us.  If we can't do that, then FFC deserves what they end up getting......
Surely you must have realised that this was ironic.  That's why i put in quotes, then followed it with - except we will if we don't get enough points. because, of course, we will go down if we don't get enough points.
But to say the next two games we have to  win - well, i think they will be difficult to win them both, so then what - do we just give up? Though obviously i hope we  do win therm both.
I'm the one facing reality, and you're not, because we  may well not win both the next two games, but we still have to keep going, though it will be tough.
But i will keep getting behind the team until it is mathematically impossible to stay up.

Well my good friend, I am not a mind reader.  You surely must know that sarcasm and irony is oft times hard to identify over a monitor.  Were you just kidding when you said you were nervous about these games and hated the term 'must win'?

I am based in 'reality'.  Quite simply, if FFC can't start recording some wins they will go down.  As mentioned, we've seen substantial improvement (mostly defensive play) since the early games this season and the last time we were in the Prem, but most of that improvement has only produced one point or no points at all.  I never suggested that if we don't win these next two games FFC will be relegated.  I agree, still a lot of games yet to play, a half seasons' worth.  But should the results be less than what I think we all can agree on what is needed, then it's hard for me to remark that FFC is too good to go down.  It's even hard for me to accept that remark today, before these games have even been played.  If we are left disappointed after these next two games, I too will continue to rally and hope and follow the team for a push to stay up.  That never changes.  COYW!