watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next two league games make or break

Started by Worcesterwhite, January 20, 2021, 10:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worcesterwhite

Let's be honest, what did we expect out of the last 3 games, some good performances but not quite good enough. The next two we have to win, they are the games that mean the most we cannot continue to have good performances but no points to show for it, I believe we are capable of stringing some results together COYW!

Statto

ffc73

Absolutely.  No good turning in good performances and not picking points up.  Time to deliver in our big matches coming up.

FFC1987

Yep. I'm super nervous for both to be honest. Brighton look like a team with form players in, ready to work hard, be hard to break down and have goalscorers. Kind of like us but with ther ability and depth in the squad to score goals and change games.

The Rational Fan

We need Aston Villa to prevent Newcastle and Burnley getting to 20 points. If Burnley and Newcastle get 8 points ahead, they know a draw against us will keep them up. I don't want to play Burnley with them only needing a draw. Two of Newcastle, Burnley, Brighton, Fulham and WBA will go down.

JoelH5

Yep same for me. Both games are must wins.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Yes it has got to that stage now that we need to win both these matches. By the way has our imminently new striker reached Motspur Park yet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

I'm afraid if we don't beat these two in the next games,it will be goodnight...But you never know in football.

Fulham76

Quote from: FFC73 on January 20, 2021, 10:27:30 PM
Absolutely.  No good turning in good performances and not picking points up.  Time to deliver in our big matches coming up.

Agreed. No win in 8 league games now, the pressure to win increasing all the time.

Sgt Fulham

Unfortunately it is crunch time. 4 points is a minimum. We have it in us to take 6 in style. Fail to win either and we will have to face the fact that it isn't happening, and that will be gutting with this lot.

fulhamben

We just have to win them both. Don't care how but we have to win at all costs.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

hovewhite

Someone here slagged me off after Chelsea game saying these next 2 games are defining games and stand by that.
Good to see Mitro back on the pitch. Feel confident on replicating tonight's performance winning the next 3 including leciester at the cottage

fulhamben

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 20, 2021, 11:04:01 PM
Unfortunately it is crunch time. 4 points is a minimum. We have it in us to take 6 in style. Fail to win either and we will have to face the fact that it isn't happening, and that will be gutting with this lot.
winning in style would really send out a statement. But Right now I don't care. Playing well has seen us cut adrift, Ill happily take playing bad if we get a few wins
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: fulhamben on January 20, 2021, 11:08:33 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 20, 2021, 11:04:01 PM
winning in style would really send out a statement. But Right now I don't care. Playing well has seen us cut adrift, Ill happily take playing bad if we get a few wins

Winning the Burnley way. It would be nice to sh*thouse a win, rather than constantly getting less than we deserve on the balance of play. If only our opponents would strangle our players for a red when dominating, or constantly miss against us...

hopper

I don't think these two are actually make or break, it would certainly be very problematic though. I would classify the WBA as must not lose. I think we will catch Newcastle - just need to stay ahead of WBA. Brighton will pull clear of the relegation picture I think, and could very well beat us - I think they're a level above us right now

RoyTund

FFC In Oz

Substance over style.

Don't give two hoots "how" we play, as long as we bank the 3 points in each of those games.

Anything less than 4 points and we'll find ourselves struggling to keep up.

WindyCity

Yep!

It's put up or shut up time for FFC!  Need 6 points from next two games.  COYW!

RaySmith

I feel nervous about  these games.

I think two wins   might be difficult to achieve, and hate the term 'must wins,' and there are plenty of games after  these, and i will never give up on the season while it is mathematically  possible to stay up, whatever happens in the next two games.

I think we are 'too good to go down' except we will if we don't get the points on board!
But it would be a real shame for this team to be relegated, but we have to get some wins from somewhere.

Milo

Simply must win.

I fear Parker will come under a lot of fire if he's deemed too defensive and we draw.