https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next two league games make or break

Started by Worcesterwhite, January 20, 2021, 10:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Quote from: RaySmith on January 21, 2021, 03:49:56 PM
I think we are 'too good to go down'

We have to start facing reality!  Can't continue the whole campaign hoping against hope that every team around us loses all of their games.

We won't be too good to go down if FFC draws or loses in either of these next two games.  Simple as that.  We've all seen the improvements in this team (mostly defensively) and some 'good' shows against top clubs, but it's now time to start producing three points v teams around us.  If we can't do that, then FFC deserves what they end up getting......

Maidstone Lee

Makes me nervous thinking about these 2 games. God I hope we get the points we need!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Tempest

Let's just enjoy Liverpool ripping Burnley to shreds, Liverpool are due a big performance,  let's hope its tonight.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 20, 2021, 10:56:49 PM
Yes it has got to that stage now that we need to win both these matches. By the way has our imminently new striker reached Motspur Park yet.
Yes but after failing the penalty test of converting 2 from 10 and also failing the shots on target test (from 20 yards) of 3 from 10, he has been signed for 30m as he was considered better than the players already on our books!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Swan

In our next three games we have a chance of doing two doubles this season.

Win away to Brighton , Beat WBA live on BBC1 on the Sunday and beat Leicester at home.

Sounds easy but we need to work our socks off to win these next three games.
The Swan

Kimbleman

Looking ahead at our remaining games I think if we can continue to play well, keep covid and injury free, either find a striker or the lads adopt a more attacking style, we can get somewhere between 23-29 points. With the 12 we have that's 35-41. We obviously need the likes of Burnley, Newcastle, West Brom, Brighton and Sheff U (possibly even Wolves) to keep losing or drawing. Got a feeling the safety bar is going to be 35 points this season. Goal difference might even play a part and currently we are looking okay there (incredible given our appalling start). We can do it, not something I could have said three months ago. 🙏

RaySmith

Quote from: WindyCity on January 21, 2021, 03:58:33 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on January 21, 2021, 03:49:56 PM
I think we are 'too good to go down'

We have to start facing reality!  Can't continue the whole campaign hoping against hope that every team around us loses all of their games.

We won't be too good to go down if FFC draws or loses in either of these next two games.  Simple as that.  We've all seen the improvements in this team (mostly defensively) and some 'good' shows against top clubs, but it's now time to start producing three points v teams around us.  If we can't do that, then FFC deserves what they end up getting......

Surely you must have realised that this was ironic.

That's why i put in quotes, then followed it with - except we will if we don't get enough points.
because, of course, we will go down if we don't get enough points.
But to say the next two games we have to  win - well, i think they will be difficult to win them both, so then what - do we just give up? Though obviously i hope we  do win therm both.

I'm the one facing reality, and you're not, because we  may well not win both the next two games, but we still have to keep going, though it will be tough.

But i will keep getting behind the team until it is mathematically impossible to stay up.

filham

Yes two enormous games for us. The problem of course is that West Brom and Brighton will be thinking the same and both of them are capable of good performances and certainly capable of scoring more goals than us.

deadcowboys

The most important thing is not to lose then take it from there. Winning both of course is the ideal.

davew

Quote from: filham on January 21, 2021, 06:25:45 PM
Yes two enormous games for us. The problem of course is that West Brom and Brighton will be thinking the same and both of them are capable of good performances and certainly capable of scoring more goals than us.
And of course we shouldn't forget they are at home, tough 2 games!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

We need 6 points from the next three league games.  Beat Brighton and WBA then I will not cry if we lose to Leicester but one way or another 6 pts is a must.

Woolly Mammoth

After watching the teams overall performances in our last three matches against 3 teams with aspirations to finish at least in the top 4, we do not need to fear anyone.
But then again I realised that I keep forgetting we do not have anyone who can find the back of the net regularly enough to score the goals we need to win these games.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 21, 2021, 08:27:54 PM
After watching the teams overall performances in our last three matches against 3 teams with aspirations to finish at least in the top 4, we do not need to fear anyone.
But then again I realised that I keep forgetting we do not have anyone who can find the back of the net regularly enough to score the goals we need to win these games.
It's ok WM...we have a world class Striker poised to join.....👍🤞⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Worcesterwhite

The worry I have and the reason I think these are must wins is because I think it's Newcastle we are chasing, I think Burnly and Brighton are going to pick up points more regular from now on in. We need a minimum of 23/24 points from our last 19 games. That's a big upturn from our 1st half season return. We are playing well and now need to start getting the points to show for it.

Pieter A’dam

JoelH5

Quote from: Pieter A'dam on January 21, 2021, 08:58:54 PM
4 points would be a good outcome.

Not enough, we are beginning to be cut adrift
I was there, standing in the Putney end

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sgt Fulham

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Tempest on January 21, 2021, 04:04:03 PM
Let's just enjoy Liverpool ripping Burnley to shreds, Liverpool are due a big performance,  let's hope its tonight.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Well that didn't go well did it?

No one has told the teams in our "bubble" that they should lie down & roll over simply because we are getting lots of plaudits for how we are playing @ present.
Sadly only 1 point out of a possible 9 is simply not good enough I'm afraid
We have to win the next 2 or even three games to start to climb back up the table & give ourselves half a chance to survive
Any less cuts us too far adrift
Come on Scotty time to ramp it up, fire up the team & get them scoring.
COYW!!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 21, 2021, 08:34:06 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 21, 2021, 08:27:54 PM
It's ok WM...we have a world class Striker poised to join.....👍🤞⚽️

Excellent I knew I was worrying unnecessarily.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.