Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

I think:

Areola
Tete Aina Anderson Tosin Bryan
Lemina Reed
RLC BDR lookman

Anguissa +/- Mitrovic on at 70 minutes.

Swap Lemina and Anguissa as to who starts, I don't mind. Just feel Anguissa looked tired against United, and we saw him be a real impact sub in an earlier game this season.

LC

Areola

Tete Andersen Tosin Bryan

Anguissa Reed

BDR    RLC      Lookman

Mitrovic

I would be aggressive and change the formation. The teams we're playing now are not as much of a goal threat so I would switch to a back 4 and play our strongest attacking players. We have more than enough speed in the team to play Mitrovic up top. That's what I would go with

Milo

Quote from: LC on January 21, 2021, 04:01:15 PM
            Areola

Anguissa Reed

BDR    RLC      Lookman

Mitrovic

I would be aggressive and change the formation. The teams we're playing now are not as much of a goal threat so I would switch to a back 4 and play our strongest attacking players. We have more than enough speed in the team to play Mitrovic up top. That's what I would go with

If I did that.. I'd play Aina LB. Bryan isn't as solid defensively and tends to be the weak link for offside traps.

filham

Quote from: perry geyton on January 21, 2021, 03:19:44 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 01, 1970, 05:28:32 AMquote author=perry geyton link=topic=79595.msg1209780#msg1209780 date=1611242384]
Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 21, 2021, 10:14:11 AM
Areola
Tete Aina Joa Tosin Bryan
Zambo Lemina
RLC
Mitro Lookman

OK yeah drop Reed after last nights and previous performances 🤔

OK yeah drop Reed after last nights and previous performances 🤔
I don't think anyone would drop Reed after recent hard working performances , it is just that Lemina offers a little more going forward and we need every  bit of talent available in attack to improve a poor goal Tally.

Black, White and Fred

Really annoyed that Kongolo isnt fit as would rather play him in the back 3 and move Aina to LWB

Areola

Tete Aina Andersen Tosin Bryan
          FZA     Lemina
BDR         RLC         Lookman
               Cav (Maybe AK)

Lemina offer more physical presence and offensive threat than Reed, even though he has been a terrier of late. RLC Looked really good when making runs through the middle against Utd so would play him ore central as Bobby can drift in.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Craven Mad

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on January 21, 2021, 09:22:00 PM
Really annoyed that Kongolo isnt fit as would rather play him in the back 3 and move Aina to LWB

Areola

FZA     Lemina
               Cav (Maybe AK)

Lemina offer more physical presence and offensive threat than Reed, even though he has been a terrier of late. RLC Looked really good when making runs through the middle against Utd so would play him ore central as Bobby can drift in.

I see you've opted for the sneaky '12th player' tactic!

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 21, 2021, 10:27:30 PM

Areola

FZA     Lemina
               Cav (Maybe AK)

i doubt Brighton will mind if that twelfth player is cav 😂
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: fulhamben on January 21, 2021, 10:30:45 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on January 21, 2021, 10:27:30 PM

Areola

Tete  Andersen Tosin Aina
          FZA     Lemina
               Cav (Maybe AK)

i doubt Brighton will mind if that twelfth player is cav 😂

He was so absent in the Man U game I thought maybe Brighton wont notice  :005:

Amended

Areola

Tete  Andersen Tosin Aina
          FZA     Lemina
               Cav (Maybe AK)
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

LC

I am honestly surprised how many people exclude Mitrovic from their line up. He has to be better than Cav.. has to be.

Judging by Parkers post match comments I think he might actually play Lookman down the middle with RLC supporting. That would leave a question who would play on the wings though- BDR on one side but who on the other?

FFC In Oz

Quote from: LC on January 21, 2021, 04:01:15 PM
            Areola

Anguissa Reed

BDR    RLC      Lookman

Mitrovic

Winner, winner chicken dinner!

Great minds :)

MrFFC

Take the game to them

Areola

Tete             Andersen      Andersen    Bryan

Anguissa     Reed

De-Cordova Reid     RLC          Lookman

Mitro

Very harsh on Ola Aina who has been quality but we need to score goals to win games
Come on you Whites!! :)

Riversider

Brighton is a ""Must not Lose "" game, WBA is a Must Win game,
So many people underestimating Brighton,  they look a decent side at the moment and will have some of their injured players back to face us,
Fulham at home is a must win game for Brighton,  I don't see us finishing above Brighton but there is still a chance we can finish above Burnley,
Burnley didn't beat Liverpool because they played outstanding football (because they didnt) they won because Liverpool were abysmal.

Arthur

Areola

Tete            Andersen          Tosin               Aina

Lemina      Reed

Loftus-Cheek                       Anguissa

Decordova-Reid     Lookman

I wonder whether Parker will consider switching to a back four against Brighton, and go for the defensive strength of Aina ahead of the possible attacking play of Bryan. If we can keep Brighton to no more than one goal, maybe this line-up is capable of scoring two.

My greatest concern would be BDR. He hasn't the ability of Lookman to hold onto the ball while being tightly marked and may prove to be no more effective than Cavaleiro. If Cairney is available, he could sit in front of Lemina and Reed, allowing RLC and Frank more opportunity to support Lookman as a lone striker. But it would be helpful were Lookman not to be the only player in the Brighton penalty area when we attack, and this may happen too often if we rely on RLC and Anguissa to be that extra man.

For me, Mitrovic and Kamara can be effective substitutes but will not improve us over 90 minutes. And, of course, Cavaleiro would be another option off the bench.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Arthur on January 22, 2021, 02:32:48 PM
                               Areola

Lemina      Reed

I wonder whether Parker will consider switching to a back four against Brighton, and go for the defensive strength of Aina ahead of the possible attacking play of Bryan. If we can keep Brighton to no more than one goal, maybe this line-up is capable of scoring two.

My greatest concern would be BDR. He hasn't the ability of Lookman to hold onto the ball while being tightly marked and may prove to be no more effective than Cavaleiro. If Cairney is available, he could sit in front of Lemina and Reed, allowing RLC and Frank more opportunity to support Lookman as a lone striker. But it would be helpful were Lookman not to be the only player in the Brighton penalty area when we attack, and this may happen too often if we rely on RLC and Anguissa to be that extra man.

For me, Mitrovic and Kamara can be effective substitutes but will not improve us over 90 minutes. And, of course, Cavaleiro would be another option off the bench.

Where's the width in that side? Left side is going to be super narrow.

Arthur

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 22, 2021, 02:44:31 PM
Quote from: Arthur on January 22, 2021, 02:32:48 PM
                               Areola

Lemina      Reed

Where's the width in that side? Left side is going to be super narrow.

A fair question.

It's about compromise. Without Robinson, I think we would be more likely to score if we have an extra player higher up the field. For this reason, if we go to four at the back, I would prefer we played the more defensively solid Aina because I don't think we can afford to concede more than one goal if we are going to win. In Lamptey (if he's fit), Brighton have a full-back whose speed would cover any counter-attacking run Bryan might try to make, so I don't think we'll be losing much in the way of forward play from the left full-back position. And if Brighton turn over possession and Lamptey races down our left flank to double up on Aina, we can afford either of Lemina or Reed to provide back-up - which would also mean that Anguissa has more freedom to play as a creative midfielder rather than being stifled by having to be wary of the need to track the lightning-quick Brighton lad.

I don't think we can cover every base; for me, sacrificing some attacking width on the left flank would be the least damaging of our losses.