watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyway, RLC.

Started by 70sPimlico, January 20, 2021, 10:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

Starting to look like the player we hoped.

You can see the fitness and confidence growing. He's going to be key to us

Mince n Tatties

Don't know why he was being slagged by some on match day...I thought he was Mom.

fulhamben

Didn't do much in the first half other than nearly give away a penalty. Which I thought was nailed on , but he grew into the game. Needs to work on end product though.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tabby

Was almost invisible in the first half, but much better in the second. Might have been that Tete was pushed up further that helped him get into the game.

Whitestone

Agree, he could be key second half of the season. Could do with a bit more self belief. He clearly has the ability.

Sgt Fulham

Very happy for RLC tonight. Finally got to show his true potential, and perhaps bought himself more time in the starting XI and with the fans. He is excellent at driving forward, a bit like Anguissa. I think the problem is that he is quite lanky, so quick passing under pressure and moving when players are tight are not his strengths. These are two things that we do often. When the game opens up and we counter attack we saw what his game was about. He has shown it before, but never as much as today. Going forward we need to think more carefully about which games to deploy him in. I would not start him against Brighton, for example, if the game at the Cottage was anything to go by.

Woolly Mammoth

I am a fan of RLC because he has the ability to run games and have an impact, he has a presence and the best is yet to come as each match comes along he gets better and better.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 20, 2021, 10:48:50 PM
I am a fan of RLC because he has the ability to run games and have an impact, he has a presence and the best is yet to come as each match comes along he gets better and better.
would you keep him down the right, as that's where his best play come from tonight.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Bill2

Saw some good things on MOTD but he still won't  challenge for the ball in the air, just look what he does just prior to Utd's first goal no challenge what so ever.

love4ffc

With all the stick the RLC has been receiving I really concentrated on watching him in the United match.  After watching him I find it hard to believe people are giving him MOTM.  Agree with those who say RLC was absent in the first half.  Second half he did a few good things but nothing to shout about. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on January 20, 2021, 10:54:58 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 20, 2021, 10:48:50 PM
would you keep him down the right, as that's where his best play come from tonight.

He was marauding on the right and due to his strength and power and close control he reached the penalty area more often in support. I can see him scoring some goals before long as his fitness and conditioning will enable him to fetch and carry and therefore enabling him to assist and score and on doing so will have a domino effect on the players around him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

wolfie

Much happier with RLC. keep him on left keep Tete with him and I reckon he will bag a few goals and assists

toshes mate

He could, should have had a hat trick last night but squandered all three, and still not operating at maximum effectiveness, and we are still not getting those crucial second goals.  Still a fair bit of work needing to be done by Parker and company to get his charges to be more clinical in the opponent's final third, and less generous in our defensive final third.  But compared to last time in the PL there just isn't any comparison to be made - we could/should have won last night but we didn't.

mrmicawbers

Obviously a good player as we are starting to see.It's funny he looks  like he's moving slowly but he's not.Weird

NewYorkYank

He was non-existent in the first half, like he is too often in games.  He had a good second half, but I have to wonder: if it had been Cavaleiro who squandered those two chances in the second half, would this thread be going in a completely different direction?  I suspect it would.

FFC In Oz

First half he struggled to get in to the game, but he was super in the second half.

A couple of really nice turns and runs in to the box.

Needs to work on his end product and consistency, but if he can find a way to get it all together quickly he'd be a tremendous asset in the run home.

filham

Yes, he is getting better by the game and could be a significant player that can turn matches for us in the second half of the season.

I thought for a long while that he didn't deserve a place in the team, now looks like one that Parker got right.

blingo

better but no cigar yet

RaySmith

He created good chances for others, breaking down the wing and crossing, as well as for himself.

He  really looked good as an attacking force.
Not so good defending maybe, but he works hard, though can seem a bit clumsy.
He's at his best, though, when moving forward, fast and strong and hard to shake off the ball.

Are people unduly critical of him because of his rep? - i think he's becoming a top player for us, and  can see him scoring a few goals, and  assisting a few.

WindyCity

Quote from: fulhamben on January 20, 2021, 10:43:38 PM
Didn't do much in the first half other than nearly give away a penalty. Which I thought was nailed on , but he grew into the game. Needs to work on end product though.

I note a lot of praise being heaped upon RLC, but I still think he lacks that final bit of quality.  Yes, I would say he had a "good" game, NOT a 'great' game. 

"Needs to work on end product though."<--This, absolutely (Cav 2.0?).  And I've noticed this too in other games he's played.  Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer about RLC, but he has been a passenger for much of the season, produced a couple of 'good' games, but in my world he will not be missed when he returns to his home club.  I think FFC can/will do just fine without his services, both remainder of this season and next year.