more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff - 24/01/21...

Started by WhiteJC, January 23, 2021, 09:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Parker calls for EFL Cup to be postponed if Covid crisis drags on

Scott Parker believes the EFL Cup should be postponed next season if Covid-19 restrictions are still in place.

The Fulham head coach will be forced to play a mix of first-team players and reserves when the Whites meet Burnley in the FA Cup on Sunday as he juggles his options.

Fulham have two massive Premier League fixtures against Brighton and West Brom next week, and the head coach has already made plain where his priorities lie.

Forced to play a rearranged match against Tottenham at only 48 hours' notice, Parker has been playing catch-up with illness and fixture congestion.

"If ever there was a valid case for that (postponing the EFL Cup) it would be this year, because of the situation we are in with a full fixture list in the league", he said.

"I was brought up on the FA Cup with big shocks. It's not the same now and we all recognise that from my generation, but games like Tottenham at Marine and lower league teams like Crawley beating Leeds are what this competition is all about.

"But it is difficult because we are having to prioritise competitions which are relevant and it's a juggling act really.

"Everyone is managing the best they can and we have got all competitions, which we all want. I don't think for one second we would want to dilute that, but at the same time in this climate it is something to look at.

"I'm sure the people who make the decisions are looking at it."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/parker-calls-for-efl-cup-to-be-postponed-if-covid-crisis-drags-on

WhiteJC

Matt O'Riley Completes Move to Milton Keynes Dons

League One side Milton Keynes Dons have completed the signing of former Fulham midfielder Matt O'Riley. The 20-year-old left the Cottagers last summer and has been training with Russell Martin's side since.

As an out-of-contract U24 player, Fulham are due a compensation fee, and a settlement between the two clubs has been agreed.

MK Dons Sign Former Fulham Midfielder Matt O'Riley

What Was Said?
O'Riley told the club website: "I've been here training with the boys for six months now and I've loved every minute.

"I haven't played a game in quite a while but I have been training here for quite a while so I'm feeling sharp and ready to go. Hopefully I can get some minutes soon and start making an impact.

"I'm very excited to get going, especially in this team. This is my ideal style of football and I hope to come in and bring goals and assists and be as creative as possible."

Dons boss Martin added: "Matt has been training with us for a long time now but we all recognised, very quickly, what a gifted footballer he is and why he's been wanted by some big clubs over the last few years.

"He's come to a point in his career where he just wants to play football, but he's also been willing to wait and hold out for a move here, which is an incredible statement of intent.

"It's going to be a brilliant and important signing for us. He's certainly one for the long term but he can also help us in the short term because he's been training with us and understands how we want to play."

O'Riley's Career
Despite not having much senior experience, O'Riley has been highly sought-after in previous years while in the youth ranks at Fulham.

In 2017, as a 16-year-old, he became the club's youngest ever scorer at U23 level, and he made his debut for the Cottagers in a 2-0 EFL cup win against Wycombe Wanderers in the same year.

Last summer, O'Riley rejected a new three-year deal with the first team amid interest from the Championship as well as clubs in the Netherlands and Belgium.

For O'Riley to have still been without a club going into January is a surprise, and it's perhaps even more so that it was a mid-table League One club that eventually secured his signature.

He has previously been scouted by some of the biggest clubs in Europe, including Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool and Manchester City.

O'Riley becomes the fifth player to join the Dons in this window after Charlie Brown, Ethan Laird, Harry Darling and the permanent acquisition of loanee Warren O'Hora.

https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2021/01/24/matt-oriley-completes-move-mk-dons/

hovewhite

Wish Matt the best of luck,shame with his talent he didn't stay here but understand his need to play and I'm sure MK will be the stepping stone up the pyramid.

Twig

Matt really messed up in his recent career decisions. Needs to get things back on track, best of luck with that.

WhiteJC

sunburywhite

Quote from: whitejc on January 24, 2021, 08:57:20 AM
Fulham boss Parker admits to 'ludicrous' superstition

Eagled-eyed Fulham fans will have noticed that Scott Parker has worn exactly the same clothes to every winter match this season.

Same short padded jacket, under-jacket, grey trousers and burgundy shoes, which makes it easier for anyone needing an archived picture of the head coach – they're all the same.

Parker admits he is very superstitious, although declined to expand on his list of lucky charms and habits for match days, apart from his stylish apparel.

He said: "I'm very superstitious when we are on a winning streak. It's not just the clothes, it's a lot of things.

"I wouldn't want to say some of the things because it is quite ludicrous and people would think it is insanity.

"Socks, shoes and belts – there's a lot of general thought processes along the way. It's a bit crazy."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/football-fulham-boss-parker-admits-to-ludicrous-superstition

I think he needs to change what he wears and change his luck
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me