watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The best match you have ever seen?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, May 03, 2020, 11:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Best non-FFC match was probably a trip to Highbury with my Arsenal mate in 1981.  It was a home win but meant Villa won the title.  The official attendance was 57,000 but there were thousands more there that day as it was pay on the gate in cash.  A surreal occasion with Pele as the special guest.

Carborundum

In recent memory, the Fulham Wolves game two seasons back was one heck of a game of football.  From TV, I agree with the comments about Italy Brazil 82 and, just to add one to the mix, the Arsenal Manchester United Cup Final from the late seventies was a wonderful advert for the game for a young lad at an impressionable age.

Sgt Fulham

Last season Man City vs. Tottenham, Champions League quarter finals second leg. Fantastic game of football in which the pendulum swung back and forth multiple times. Some great goals too. However, it was basically ruined by VAR at the end. It was like ending a fairytale with 'and they all died shortly after'.

David Allen Crankshaw

Fulham v Hamburg (The tremendous jubilation at the final whistle with the thought of being able to attend a European Final.)

Manchester City v Fulham (The Great Escape Season. The feeling that we could actually avoid relegation.)

Halifax Town v Fulham (Steve Earle scoring 5 goals in a game.)

Statto

Stopped caring about England 10-15 years ago but there was some classics before that, loss to Argentina in 1998 for example

Overall it has to be Fulham 4-1 Juventus

Closely followed by Hamburg home or Carlisle away 1997

Millwall away in 2018 remains my favourite since the Europa games

rebel

For me Fulham 4-1 Juventus. Going 1 - 0 and getting back into the match, then letting the momentum drive the team forward, quality of Dempsey's goal just before the end. Roy's celebration. A perfect day.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: rebel on May 04, 2020, 02:27:18 PM
For me Fulham 4-1 Juventus. Going 1 - 0 and getting back into the match, then letting the momentum drive the team forward, quality of Dempsey's goal just before the end. Roy's celebration. A perfect day.
Exactly [emoji106]

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Vinnieffc on January 24, 2021, 01:41:59 PM
Quote from: rebel on May 04, 2020, 02:27:18 PM
Exactly [emoji106]

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Yep likewise and got 66-1 bet on the scoreline as you say perfect day.

General

Has to be the game against Juve - when Trezeguet scored so early on and we had to score 4 goals to win I wrote us off completely and was just dissapointed. To see us dominate them and players like Cannavaro, Chiellini, Diego and others with our makeshift team was fantastic. I remember also cursing Dempsey for chipping the (what I thought was a cross) ball at the time as it looked so slow from where I was sitting, but evidently I was proven wrong and the ground erupted.

LittleErn

Quote from: bog on May 03, 2020, 01:16:29 PM
Quote from: filham on May 03, 2020, 12:11:41 PM
It always has to be a Fulham match for me and I have to go back to that great cup tie we lost 3-4 at the Cottage to Newcastle when a young Tosh scored a hat trick and we were sunk by a goal that resulted from a foul on our keeper.

I think that was 4-5 filham, Tosh 3 and Jimmy Hill scored. As you say Ian Black was fouled for their winner. I have seen some highlights on you tube 

092.gif

This is definitely the best Fulham match I saw. Haynes and Eddie Lowe cut Newcastle open down their right. Also because of the fight back from 3-0 down. I've never seen anyone hit a ball harder than Tosh did on that day - the old lace-up brown ball that was much heavier than today's too. I was behind the goal that Tosh scored his hat-trick and I would swear that the Newcastle goalie took his hand away for one of the goals!

On a wider trawl I think it would be hard to beat the 1960 European Champions cup final where De Stefano ran the show, scored a hat-trick (Puskas scored four), and Real Madrid won 7-3. I wasn't lucky enough to see it in person but I saw it on the TV and it was a revelation.

blingo

FFC In Oz

Aside from the Fulham-Juve game (which is the best game for a Fulham fan, but probably not for the neutral) a couple of others stick out in my memory:

2017 - Real 2 - 3 Barca.  Real win would have virtually sealed the title.  Messi popping up in extra time.

2011 - Arsenal 4 - 4 Newcastle.  Newcastle coming back from 4 down and Cheick Tiote (RIP) grabbing a stunning equaliser

2005 - Liverpool 3 -3 Milan.  Champions League final for the ages.

Woolly Mammoth

24th January 2021  Fulham v Burnley FA Cup 4th Round
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

And of course, STAND UP IF YOU STILL BELIEVE brilliant.

South Coast White

FULHAM V JUVENTUS by a Country mile.
1- 4 down, against all the odds and the best atmosphere I have ever experienced.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 24, 2021, 04:38:35 PM
24th January 2021  Fulham v Burnley FA Cup 4th Round
You beat me to that! The half time break and full time whistle were the most memorable events!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)