more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff - 25/01/21...

Started by WhiteJC, January 25, 2021, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham 0-3 Burnley

Jay Rodriguez's double and a Kevin Long tap-in secured Burnley's progress to the fifth round of the FA Cup with a comfortable win over struggling Fulham.

The Clarets produced a dominant display and went ahead when Rodriguez headed home Jack Cork's cross on 31 minutes.

Rodriguez doubled their lead with a penalty after Matej Vydra was bowled over in the box, ending a 19-game goal drought.

Long netted Burnley's third as he poked home 10 minutes later.

Burnley will face Bournemouth or Crawley Town in the fifth round - the Cherries host Crawley on Tuesday, 26 January (19:00 GMT).

Vydra thought he had given the Clarets an early lead as he slipped the ball past Marek Rodak from 10 yards after Bobby Decordova-Reid gave possession away, but he was ruled offside by a late flag.

Aleksandar Mitrovic netted at the other end after Kamara flicked the ball up for him to head into an empty goal, but Kamara was offside from the original Decordova-Reid cross.

Burnley enjoyed the better of the chances in the first half, Vydra miscuing his shot from a Rodak spill and Johann Gudmundsson whistling an effort over the bar.

But Sean Dyche's side, who beat Liverpool at Anfield in the Premier League on Thursday, deservedly took the lead as Cork swung in a lovely cross from the right and Rodriguez stooped to head past Rodak and give the visitors a half-time lead.

Scott Parker's side enjoyed more of the ball in the second half but Burnley were in control and Bailey Peacock-Farrell's fingertip save was enough to deny Kamara a goal and protect Burnley's lead.

Vydra was brought down in the box and Rodriguez converted the penalty to score his second goal of the season, before chesting the ball down to allow centre-back Long to slot in from close range.

'Who knows how far we can go?' - what they said
Burnley boss Sean Dyche: "There were so many good performances from players who haven't played too much. I know they are good players but they remind you with displays like that.

"I'm shocked we got a penalty, I can't believe it! We average one every 24 games normally and that's two in a few days.

"We take each game as it comes, there are no guarantees. If we keep going as we have been lately who knows how far we can go? When everyone is fit I believe in all of them."

Fulham manager Scott Parker: "We didn't deserve a result today. It was a tough game and we couldn't match what we had to face today, we couldn't deal with them.

"I had to make changes because of the squad, we've got big games coming up so I don't regret that. That's the way it is.

"The focus is clear, I wanted to win today but now it turns on the league. We'll brush this one away and move on."

Rodriguez loves facing Fulham - the stats

Burnley have beaten top-flight opponents away from home in the FA Cup for the first time since December 1999, when they defeated Derby County in the third round, while themselves in the third tier.
    Fulham have gone seven home matches without a win in all competitions for the first since 31 October 1995 (D3 L4).
    Fulham have lost four of their past five FA Cup matches at Craven Cottage (W1), as many defeats as in their previous 16 such fixtures there (W8 D4).
    Burnley's Rodriguez has netted in each of his past three appearances against Fulham in all competitions (four goals) - he hadn't scored in any competition since netting against Liverpool in July.
    Rodriguez was directly involved in three goals in a single game (two goals, one assist) for the first time since 26 December 2013 in the Premier League for Southampton v Cardiff (also two goals, one assist).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55770065

WhiteJC

Post-Burnley Press Conference

Scott Parker felt his side didn't deserve to progress to the next round of the Emirates FA Cup following a 3-0 defeat against Burnley on Sunday afternoon.

A rugged and well-structured Burnley side was able to dominate the afternoon's proceedings, and our Head Coach was quick to stress his team fell short of the standards that have been developing over recent weeks.

"Look, it was a tough day," Parker said. "I don't think we deserved anything out of the game to be honest with you.

"We fell well short of the standards that we are used to seeing.

"We all understood the challenges we were going to be facing today and we weren't ever able to get a foothold in the game.

"Burnley were well worthy of the win.

"We couldn't deal with long balls, first and foremost. They put you under a lot of pressure with long balls and we struggled with them.

"The conditions played their part, but I don't think it was really about that. We just came up short today.

"Certainly when you come up against Burnley, you will be facing a battle. You need to win that side of the game to give yourself a foothold in the game.

"I mean first balls, second balls. We weren't able to do that. So we were never able to put our print on the game.

"After that, mistakes happen and they score their goals.

"We have tightened up very well. But today we were on the end of three goals. That's it.

"We will regroup, get together as a squad and come out fighting next week. We will be ready.

"We are out the cup now. It's a competition I wanted to stay in. Another home tie was waiting for us after this one. But it wasn't meant to be and we dust ourselves off and concentrate on a big remainder of the season."

All attention now turns to a pivotal week back in the league. With two matches in quick succession, starting with a clash with Brighton & Hove Albion on Wednesday night, Parker wants his side to re-focus and prepare for a vital run in.

"We have some massive games coming up for us now," he insisted. "Every game is going to be massive for us this year.

"We have to draw a line under today.

"We have to go full steam and have full focus on Brighton, West Brom and the other games coming up in the league."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/january/Post-Burnley-Press-Conference/

WhiteJC

O'Riley makes MK Dons move

Midfielder becomes fifth signing of the window...

MK Dons have completed the signing of former Fulham midfielder Matt O'Riley.

O'Riley, 20, has been a free agent since turning down a contract offer from the Cottagers in July, but has been training with the Dons since the start of this season.

As an out of contract under-24 player, Fulham are due compensation and the two clubs are have agreed an appropriate settlement.

The former England youth international, who has attracted interest from the likes of Liverpool, Borussia Dortmund and Manchester City during his young career, made four senior appearances for Fulham, including a Championship appearance last term.

"I've been here training with the boys for six months now and I've loved every minute," O'Riley told iFollow MK Dons in his first interview since completing the deal.

"I initially came here just to keep fit after leaving Fulham but it felt like the perfect place for me. We looked into whether something could be done and, eventually, here we are.

"I haven't played a game in quite a while but I have been training here for quite a while so I'm feeling sharp and ready to go. Hopefully I can get some minutes soon and start making an impact.

"I'm very excited to get going, especially in this team. This is my ideal style of football and I hope to come in and bring goals and assists and be as creative as possible."

O'Riley joined Fulham as an eight-year-old and progressed their youth set-up to become a regular for their Under-18s and Under-23s by the 2016/17 season. That campaign, he become the club's youngest scorer at Under-23 level, netting in a 4-2 win against Charlton Athletic.

The following season, the midfielder spent time with the first-team squad during their pre-season tours to Poland and Germany before making his senior professional debut as a 16-year-old in August 2017, starting a 2-0 Carabao Cup win over Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park. He would also represent his country at Under-18s level, having previously made appearances for England's Under-16s.

O'Riley would go on to play a further four first-team matches for Fulham, including a Sky Bet Championship start last season at home to Reading, before departing Craven Cottage this summer after turning down a new deal to stay with the club.

MK Dons manager Russell Martin told mkdons.com: "Matt has been training with us for a long time now but we all recognised, very quickly, what a gifted footballer he is and why he's been wanted by some big clubs over the last few years.

"He's come to a point in his career where he just wants to play football, but he's also been willing to wait and hold out for a move here, which is an incredible statement of intent.

"It's going to be a brilliant and important signing for us. He's certainly one for the long term but he can also help us in the short term because he's been training with us and understands how we want to play."

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2021/january/oriley-makes-mk-dons-move/

WhiteJC

Matt O'Riley: Milton Keynes Dons sign former Fulham midfielder

Matt O'Riley made four EFL Cup appearances and played once in the Championship in his time at Fulham

Milton Keynes Dons have signed former Fulham midfielder Matt O'Riley.

The 20-year-old was a free agent after turning down a deal at Craven Cottage and has been training with the League One club since the start of the season.

The two clubs have agreed a settlement as O'Riley, who had played five times for Fulham, is under 24 years old.

"I initially came here just to keep fit after leaving Fulham but it felt like the perfect place for me," O'Riley told the MK Dons website.

"We looked into whether something could be done and, eventually, here we are."

MK Dons have not revealed the length of contract that the former England youth international has signed.

"He's come to a point in his career where he just wants to play football, but he's also been willing to wait and hold out for a move here, which is an incredible statement of intent," manager Russell Martin said.

"It's going to be a brilliant and important signing for us. He's certainly one for the long term but he can also help us in the short term because he's been training with us and understands how we want to play."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55787384

WhiteJC

OPINION: Johansen 'perfect' cover for Carroll, but QPR need to recruit in one more position this month

Stefan Johansen is set to complete his loan move from Fulham to QPR for the remainder of the season, and just in time as midfielder Tom Carroll has been ruled out for three months.

Carroll came to QPR in the summer for what was a second stint in west London. Having proved a contested arrival, Carroll has quietly gone about his season to become one of his side's players of the season so far.

But he was dealt a cruel blow earlier this week – he's sidelined for three months with a knee injury.

Mark Warburton having been quick to plug holes in his QPR side with the likes of Jordy de Wijs and Charlie Austin looks like he's found a quick-fix for Carroll's absence, with Johansen set to complete his move.

But one more position looks as though it could do with some cover this month – that's the left-back position.

The left-back void is quickly becoming exactly that – Niko Hamalainen has proved an unpopular choice among fans and Lee Wallace even more so, with the latter's fitness coming into question this season.

Hamalainen has made 18 Championship appearances so far this season. In the defeat at home to Derby County yesterday though, Hamalainen was deemed at fault for the only goal of the game, and came under a lot of scrutiny from QPR fans on Twitter.

QPR having sold Ryan Manning last summer are without a Championship-standard left-back. With Warburton lifting his side to 17th in the Championship table now has a seven point gap to 22nd-place Rotherham United.

But if his side are to avoid relegation comfortably this season, a much more experienced and reliable left-back should be acquired in the final week of this window.

https://the72.co.uk/217100/opinion-johansen-perfect-cover-for-carroll-but-qpr-need-to-recruit-in-one-more-position-this-month/

WhiteJC

Fulham 0-3 Burnley: Clarets storm past Cottagers in all-Premier League clash to progress to FA Cup fifth round and cap a fine week for Sean Dyche's side after win at Liverpool

Jay Rodriguez scored two of Burnley's three goals in their FA Cup tie with Fulham
    Rodriguez's first goal came in the 31st minute, while his second came in the 71st
    Kevin Long closed the game out with an 81st minute goal, ending the game 3-0

Burnley's new American owners were present for the first time to watch their team — and on a bleak midwinter afternoon by the Thames, they will have been warmed by what they saw.

On this evidence, Sean Dyche has a squad of players prepared for the fight to stay in the Premier League, and one who should be able to cope with the possibility of a deep FA Cup run on the side.

Two goals from Jay Rodriguez sealed a comfortable victory and a winnable fifth-round home tie against either Bournemouth or Crawley. Last week's win over Liverpool at Anfield appeared to infuse the whole playing group with confidence.

Jay Rodriguez (R) provided the two of the goals that will see Burnley progress to the fifth round

Fulham boss Scott Parker was left far more concerned with the resources at his disposal after a match played on a sludgy surface that required nothing less than full-blooded commitment.

None of the reinforcements he brought in suggested they will hugely bolster his team for the two key relegation battles that now loom, against Brighton and West Bromwich Albion.

The two managers' priorities were indicated by them each making nine changes from the starting XIs who tackled Liverpool and Manchester United.

Rodriguez headed home Jack Cork's cross, to take the lead in the 31st minute of the game

Rodriguez's second goal from the penalty spot as he played it down the middle to beat Rodak

The Burnley boss was delighted by what he saw from those who were given the chance to impress.

'The attitude of the team towards the game and the performance was fantastic,' he said. 'That was as good an energy level as I have seen. The collective mentality was the key and that was top drawer.

'The marvel of the FA Cup is still there and it's still great when you win these games.'

Parker, by contrast, admitted that few of his fringe players made a case for future inclusion, and that there is little prospect of anyone being brought in to expand his options.

'We didn't deserve a result today,' he said. 'You have got to face up to a battle when you play Burnley and you need to win that side of the game to gain a foothold. We didn't manage to do that.'

The snow left by a morning blizzard in west London was cleared before the start, but the residual water meant that the pitch gradually morphed into something more like a parks' surface.

Burnley kept their footing better and were the more assertive from the start. Czech striker Matej Vydra failed to convert a couple of chances early on as he carved through a flat-footed defence, but after the half-hour Rodriguez gave them a deserved lead.

Although just back from injury, there was no lack of sharpness as he stooped low with his head to glance in Jack Cork's precision cross.

Fulham's best spell came after the break when Bailey Peacock -Farrell pulled off a fine double save to deny first Joe Bryan and then Aleksandar Mitrovic. It will worry Parker that his Serbian striker, potentially such an asset, looked like a bear with a sore head and was ineffective throughout.

The penalty came when Michael Hector, who had moved around like bambi on ice all afternoon, bundled Vydra over in the box with 20 minutes left. Rodriguez stepped up to drive it in hard and true.

Kevin Long erased any doubts when he scrambled the ball in from close range after Fulham failed to clear a speculative cross from Dwight McNeil. That Burnley reacted quicker and more aggressively in that goalmouth melee summed up the whole contest.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9181559/Fulham-0-3-Burnley-Jay-Rodriguez-bagged-brace-Sean-Dyches-progress-through.html

WhiteJC

Fulham crushed by Burnley in one-sided cup tie

Two goals from Jay Rodriquez and a third from Kevin Long sent Fulham crashing meekly out of the FA Cup at Craven Cottage.

Former England striker Rodriguez opened the scoring in the 30th minute when he ghosted behind Michael Hector to powerfully meet Jack Cork's cross

He doubled his side's midway through the second half when Hector carelessly barged into the back of Matej Vydra and Rodriquez converted the subsequent penalty.

Long added a third goal 10 minutes from time when he blasted home from close range after the impressive Dwight McNeil's cross was flapped at by Marek Rodek.

Burnley were the better team throughout and denied an early lead through Vydra by an offside flag.

On a sodden pitch due to heavy snowfall in London on Sunday morning, Fulham struggled to deal with the conditions in comparison to the buoyant Clarets who were first to everything, fresh from their win at Anfield over Liverpool on Thursday.

The Whites did have the ball in the back of the net in the 20th minute through Aleksander Mitrovic, whose inclusion was one of eight changes to the side that lost Manchester United on Wednesday, but it was chalked off due to Andre Zambo Anguissa being offside in the build up.

Fulham almost got back on level terms just after half0time when Joe Bryan's firm shot was palmed away by Bradley Peacock-Farrell, but it was one of their few decent efforts in a disappointing display.

Fulham: Rodek, Bryan, Hector, Ream, Adarabiyo (Odoi 82), Decordova-Reid (Kebano 68), Onomah, Lemina (Cavarlho 82), Anguissa (Loftus-Cheek 68), Kamara, Mitrovic.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-crushed-by-burnley-in-one-sided-cup-tie

WhiteJC

Drought over as dominant Burnley stroll past Fulham into fifth round

A brace from Jay Rodriguez was the catalyst behind a comfortable Burnley win as Fulham were dispatched in this all-Premier League FA Cup tie.

The 31-year-old had not found the net since a 1-1 draw at Liverpool on July 11, but gave his side the lead with a well-worked header just after the half-hour mark.

Rodriguez then doubled the visitors' advantage in the 71st minute, firing down the middle from the penalty spot.

With just under 10 minutes left on the clock, Rodriguez turned provider, controlling a loose ball in the Fulham penalty area with his shoulder into the path of Kevin Long who was able to tap home and secure his side's place in the next round.

The snow had only been cleared from the pitch an hour before kick-off on Sunday, which left the surface wet and the grass slow.

Burnley started brightly and appeared full of confidence and momentum after their shock win at Anfield in midweek.

Matej Vydra had the ball in the back of the net inside four minutes for the away side before the flag went up for offside, with Fulham goalkeeper Marek Rodak then forced to make a save just moments later.

The first time the hosts got forward in numbers, Aleksandar Mitrovic headed the ball into the net following a clever run from Bobby Decordova-Reid who found Aboubakar Kamara, but he was in an offside position.

Vydra had another opportunity to give the visitors the lead just before the hour mark as the 28-year-old was played in through the middle by Dwight McNeil, one of just two players who also started in midweek, but Rodak was able to make the save.

Moments later, however, Burnley broke the deadlock through Rodriguez, who glanced home a well-weighted Jack Cork cross from the right side.

Fulham almost levelled the tie at the start of the second half, with left-back Joe Bryan forcing Bailey Peacock-Farrell into a save with a well-hit right-footed volley before the ball fell to Mitrovic who managed to get his own shot away.

Referee Andrew Madley immediately pointed to the spot in the 70th minute after a coming together between Michael Hector and Vydra, with the Fulham defender adjudged to have nudged the forward in the back.

Rodriguez made no mistake from the spot to double his side's advantage.

Burnley then secured their progress in the competition through Long in the 81st minute.

A long ball forward was not dealt with by the Fulham defence and Rodak was unable to gather the ball, which fell to Long who slotted home for his first club goal since September 2018.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/rodriguez-drought-over-burnley-fulham-fa-cup

WhiteJC

Parker reveals real focus after admitting Fulham couldn't handle Burnley

Fulham boss Scott Parker all but admitted Premier League survival is his main focus after bowing out of the FA Cup at the fourth round stage.

Fulham made sweeping changes to their line-up and could not find the rhythm required to sink a well-drilled Burnley outfit.

Jay Rodriguez ended his goalscoring drought to notch his first goals since July, with Kevin Long's late effort rounding out the scoring.

Speaking to the press after the match (via the BBC), Parker said: "We didn't deserve a result today.

"It was a tough game and we couldn't match what we had to face today, we couldn't deal with them.

"I had to make changes because of the squad, we've got big games coming up so I don't regret that. That's the way it is.

"The focus is clear, I wanted to win today but now it turns on the league. We'll brush this one away and move on."

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/parker-reveals-real-focus-fulham-couldnt-handle-burnley

WhiteJC

Johansen joining QPR 'seems a possibility' – Parker

Scott Parker says it "seems a possibility" that Fulham midfielder Stefan Johansen will join QPR on loan.

Rangers have stepped up their interest in Johansen, 30, since Tom Carroll was ruled out for three months with a knee injury.

The two clubs are on the verge of an agreement for the Norway international to move to W12 for the rest of the season.

Johansen was not involved as Fulham were beaten 3-0 at home by Burnley in the FA Cup fourth round.

Whites boss Parker said after the game: "It seems that there is some talk there.

"I have been with the team for the last two days preparing for this game so I am not really up to speed, but it seems that is a possibility to happen."

Johansen has been out of the first-team picture for some time at Fulham, where he has a contract until 2022.

He has not made a league appearance this season and is keen to play first-team football.

QPR have been looking to bring in an experienced central midfielder, having already agreed loan deals for striker Charlie Austin and centre-back Jordy de Wijs.

The club's need to make a signing has increased now Carroll has been sidelined.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/fulham-boss-parker-gives-update-on-johansens-proposed-move-to-qpr

WhiteJC

Parker pans below-par Fulham

Scott Parker savaged his Fulham side after they crashed out of the FA Cup at the hands of Burnley this afternoon – saying the Whites fell well short of the standards he expects.

The Fulham manager made eight changes from the team that were narrowly beaten by Manchester United in midweek but none of the newcomers pressed a claim to start this week's crunch games at Brighton and West Brom. Burnley were in complete control from the off and booked a fifth round tie against either Bournemouth or Crawley courtesy of a brace from Jay Rodriguez's and Kevin Long's late third.

Parker was bitterly disappointed with Fulham's tame showing, telling his post-match press conference:

"We didn't deserve a result today. It was a tough game and we couldn't match what we had to face today, we couldn't deal with them. We fell very short of the standards we're used to seeing. We all understood the challenges and we couldn't deal with it too well and get a foothold in the game. Burnley were well worthy of the win."

The Fulham boss was similarly pessimistic about the potential for new arrivals before the closure of the January transfer window, saying 'I'm not sure that's going to happen'. Pressed on potential outgoings, Parker admitted some fringe players may leave the club with Stefan Johansen's rumoured departure for QPR on loan 'a possibility'.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/01/parker-pans-below-par-fulham/

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk Full Time: Fulham Lose Badly In The FA Cup

Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

This is our initial reaction show to Fulham's 3-0 loss against Burnley in the FA Cup.

You can also listen to the show by following this link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2021/1/24/22247258/cottage-talk-full-time-fulham-lose-badly-in-the-fa-cup

WhiteJC

Parker admits Fulham weren't good enough

Scott Parker said Fulham could have no complaints about be sent spinning out of the FA Cup by Burnley after a disappointing display at Craven Cottage,

Two goals from Jay Rodriguez and a Kevin Long strike late in the second half booked the Clarets a spot in the fifth round, where they will host Bournemouth or Crawley.

Parker, who made eight changes to his team, said it was a good chance lost for his side.

"We fell very short of standards or what we are used to seeing," Parker said.

"We all understood the challenges we faced today but didn't deal with it too well at times.

"We were not able to get a foothold in the game and Burnley were worthy of the win."

Burnley dominated throughout and the impressive Rodriguez caused plenty of problems for Michael Hector and Tim Ream.

"We couldn't deal with the long balls, they put you under a lot of pressure," he said.

"You could perhaps look at the conditions or the way the pitch played a little bit, but I don't think it was about that. We just came up short today.

"We were never able to put our print on the game and that is disappointing."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/parker-fulham-couldnt-deal-with-burnleys-long-balls

WhiteJC

Fulham transfer blow and Stefan Johansen to QPR latest

The Cottagers seem set for more departures than incoming transfers

It has been clear for a while that Fulham need more threat on goal from attacking positions but it appears that Scott Parker will have to find the answer from within his own squad.

The Whites had been touted to sign a forward and Parker had hoped to improve a few areas going into the transfer window with Aleksandar Mitrovic struggling to work his way into the starting XI througout the season.

The Cottagers' lack of depth was laid out for all to see as they fell to a 3-0 defeat to Burnley in the FA Cup Fourth Round tie.

Speaking after the match, Parker revealed it seems unlikely they will be signing anyone to help out but the likes of Jean-Michel Seri and Stefan Johansen could find new clubs.

He said: "There may be an opportunity for them players to play some football. There is a possibility of players leaving the football club.

"Regarding players coming in, that stays the same. I'm not sure that is going to happen. We'll keep going and working with the players we have."

Norwegian international Johansen has been closely linked with a move across west London to local rivals QPR. Parker didn't have specifics, but seemed to suggest that could happen imminently.

"It seems like there is some talk. Last two days I've been with team, preparing for the game sp I'm not really up to speed. That may be a possibility."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/fulham-transfer-news-johansen-qpr-19691572

WhiteJC

Verdict: Fulham's fringe players had a point to prove – and proved they're not up it

Fulham exited the FA Cup, losing 3-0 at home to Burnley in a one-sided game at the Cottage.

It leaves the Whites to concentrate on the league, as the cliche goes.

These are the sort of games when those on the periphery can show what they're made of.

You put in a shift, and who knows?

Josh Onomah, Mario Lemina, Abou Kamara and Michael Hector could all have made a case for themselves.

Did they? Nope, not even for a fleeting snowflake of a second – although Lemina is likely to bite at Harrison Reed's heels.

It must be a bit deflating for head coach Scott Parker knowing that any challenge for places is dead in the water.

Even those who did OK-ish: Tim Ream, apart from a slip and a poor pass that led to the Clarets penalty, and Marek Rodak, are not going to replace those ahead of them right now.

In fact, Hector has gone from Premier League starter to fourth best behind Tosin, Joachim Andersen and Ream in the centre of defence.

Hector got an early runaround from Matěj Vydra, and then even managed to fail at a throw-in.

I think most of us could manage to throw a football onto the pitch, but Hector failed much to the officials' mirth and was asked to have a second go.

When Jay Rodriguez opened the scoring, Hector didn't know whether to stick or twist.

He did neither, and it was 1-0.

You know the game is up when Denis Odoi and Fabio Carvalho get minutes on the pitch.

No affront to either, but at 3-0, you might as well protect those likely to be in Wednesday's squad against Brighton.

There was a surprise when the line-up was announced.

Andre-Frank Anguissa was a gamble with two big Premier League games on the near horizon.

Parker also said he would look at the form of the two youngsters, Sylvester Jasper and Carvalho before adding them to the bench.

Unless he knows something we don't, the gaffer clearly didn't see anything in Jasper to merit a second sub's appearance in the cup.

Four of the starters will be odds-on to go head-to-head with Brighton on Wednesday night, and it's not looking good.

Aleksandar Mitrovic is not going to replace Ivan Cavaleiro on this showing.

Neither is the answer to Fulham's survival, and Mitro is all but going through the motions at the moment.

In his defence he wasn't alone, because maybe the thought of Bournemouth or Crawley in the next round failed to set pulses racing.

But what you normally get from Parker's teams is drive and energy regardless of the fixture. Not so this time.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/verdict-fulhams-fringe-players-had-a-point-to-prove-and-proved-theyre-not-up-it

WhiteJC

Parker says he is doubtful Fulham will make signings

Scott Parker does not expect any new additions to his Fulham squad in the final week of the transfer window.

Parker made eight changes to his side for the fourth-round FA Cup defeat against Burnley and saw many of his fringe players struggle.

The Clarets strolled to a 3-0 win and dealt comfortably with Fulham's attack as Aleksandar Mitrovic once again looked a shadow of the player that scored 26 goals in the Championship last season.

Parker has spoken about his need to bring in another striker, with Ivan Cavaleiro often being used out of position this season, but believes players are more likely to leave than arrive.

Despite being a newly-promoted team, Fulham boast one of the largest squads in the Premier League, with 33 senior professionals on their books.

Burnley in comparison have 23 and Parker said he will have to make do with what he has to try keep his side in the top flight with no new faces on the horizon.

"I am not sure that is going to happen," Parker said.

"We will keep going and carry on working hard with the players we have."

At least two players are expected to depart this week, with out-of-favour midfielder Stefan Johansen and club record signing Jean Michael Seri, who cost £25m from Nice in a joint deal with fellow outcast Maxime Le Marchand three years ago, on their way of the door.

Johanson is set to move on loan to QPR, with Seri lined up for move back to former club Nice or to Galatasaray, who he spent last season on loan to.

"There may be an opportunity for a few players to play football and leave the football club," Parker said.

"It seems that there is some talk (about Johansen) there.

"I have been with the team for the last two days preparing for this game so I am not really up to speed, but it seems that is a possibility to happen."

Mitrovic has not scored since September but Parker refused to blame the shot-shy Serb for his team's cup exit.

"It would be unfair just to question Aleks," he said.

"There are always questions asked about him in the media and this season has not gone as he would have wanted it to, but every game is an opportunity for him to improve and keep working."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/parker-expects-at-least-two-departures-at-fulham-and-possibly-no-arrivals

WhiteJC

Italian Champions Juventus Keeping Tabs On Fulham's Nigeria-Eligible Center Back

Italian champions Juventus are keeping tabs on Fulham's Nigeria-eligible defender Tosin Adarabioyo.

Turin-based sports daily Tuttosport has reported that Juventus are among the clubs tracking the Manchester City academy product with a view to a possible move in the summer transfer window.

Although Adarabioyo is contracted to the Cottagers until June 2023, the London club are aware that it would be difficult to keep hold of the center back if they are relegated to the Championship at the end of the season.

The 23-year-old has established himself as one of the most consistent performers for Fulham in the ongoing season, and the interest from the Bianconeri speaks volumes of the progress he has made over the last three months.

Adarabioyo has started all of his 14 appearances in the Premier League, helping Fulham keep three clean sheets.

He mainly plays as a central defender, though he can also feature as a right-back and was deployed in that position several times during his loan spell with West Brom during the 2018-2019 season.

Should Adarabioyo's move to Juventus materialize, he'd join Paolo Gozzi on the club's roster.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=38730

WhiteJC

Key Brighton duo provide big boosts ahead of Fulham, Spurs and Liverpool clashes

Brighton have been without six players in recent weeks due to illness and injury, but Graham Potter could soon have some players back ahead of a crucial run of fixtures

Adam Lallana and Aaron Connolly are nearing a comeback ahead of Brighton's games against Fulham and Spurs, according to boss Graham Potter.

Lallana has not played for Albion since the 2-2 draw with West Ham on December 27, initially due to a recurring groin complaint, and more recently because of illness.

The 32-year-old midfielder, who signed for free on a three-year deal from Liverpool last summer, has missed multiple games this season with a groin problem and illness, but he is nearing a return for the first-team.

Connolly, 20, has also been short on luck this season after picking up minor hamstring and groin injuries.

The Irish striker suffered a hamstring injury in the 3-3 draw with Wolves on January 2, but both he and Lallana were seen in full-training on Friday.

Now Seagulls head coach Potter has said they are in with a chance of playing Fulham on Wednesday and Spurs on Sunday.

However, Danny Welbeck is still out with a knee injury that he suffered during the Hammers draw.

When asked if the trio were available for the two upcoming games, Potter replied: "Danny? No. Adam is a maybe. He [Lallana] just needs some time to train and get his strength back.

"Aaron has a chance against Fulham. Maybe for the bench, not for the start.

"But we will see how he goes at the start of the week."

If Lallana is a possibility to face Fulham or Spurs, he has a better chance of being ready to face his old club Liverpool at Anfield on February 3.

The former England international came on against the Reds as a substitute at the Amex in late-November but came off after eight minutes due to his groin injury flaring up again.

Last week Potter said striker Welbeck is a couple of weeks away from first-team action, as is Alireza Jahanbakhsh who picked up an undisclosed injury against Newport County earlier this month.

Tariq Lamptey, who has been out since mid-December with a hamstring injury, is also at least a couple of weeks away from being injury-free.

Meanwhile, second choice goalkeeper Jason Steele is likely to return sooner as he has been out with illness for nearly two weeks.

Wednesday's game against Fulham is of great importance as Brighton could go eight points clear of the 18th-placed Cottagers with a win at the Amex.

But defeat for Potter's men will see that gap cut to two points and Fulham have a game in hand as well.

Albion secured a 2-1 win over Blackpool in the FA Cup on Saturday whereas Scott Parker's side were humbled by Burnley in a 3-0 loss at Craven Cottage in the fourth round tie.

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brighton-boosts-fulham-spurs-liverpool-4923747