more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The gulf between us & 17th

Started by FFC In Oz, January 27, 2021, 10:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC In Oz

is SO much more than just 5 points.

Brighton are a much superior football side, and should have won by 3-4 goals today.

They are a threat from set pieces, they pass the ball well, and their attacking players like Trossard and Maupay know how to find pockets of space between the defence & midfield.

We are so disjointed going forward in comparison.

We Are Premier League

I think that is a bit harsh, we have 9 or 10 positions with players that are good enough for PL. We are just missing a striker and possibly a RW...

FFC In Oz

Quote from: We Are Premier League on January 27, 2021, 10:59:18 PM
I think that is a bit harsh, we have 9 or 10 positions with players that are good enough for PL. We are just missing a striker and possibly a RW...

Aside from RLC nearly pinching it at the end what did we create? A Cav toepoke to the keeper.  A speculative 30 yard effort from Aina.  Lookman blazing well wide & high.   That's about it.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: We Are Premier League on January 27, 2021, 10:59:18 PM

I feel we have 9-10 PL starters, and another 9-10 decent squad players, but we need around 12-13 of each.

If we can get another few cheap squad player (like Jed Wallace from mid-table Milwall), then it would help this season towards the end of games and if we go down he's a quality starter in the right wing.

Let's build for next season's promotion and the season after premier league survival. Of course, we must also continue to chase down Newcastle that we can catch if we start winning occasionally.

Statto

Sorry have to disagree

They're no better than us

We have an unbalanced squad and played the wrong tactics today. But we should be able to match them at least, and we're certainly better than West Brom, Sheffield United and Burnley

IMO we're the 15th-17th best team in the league but are being held back by a slow start, bad luck, our only striker going way off form, and some poor tactical choices like today

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Statto on January 27, 2021, 11:32:14 PM
Sorry have to disagree

We have an unbalanced squad and played the wrong tactics today. But we should be able to match them at least, and we're certainly better than West Brom, Sheffield United and Burnley

IMO we're the 15th-17th best team in the league but are being held back by a slow start, bad luck, our only striker going way off form, and some poor tactical choices like today

Their results indicate they are better than us.

On the pitch they looked much better than us.  Heaps of neat little passing moves, triangles, overlapping wing backs etc.

No idea how they didn't score at least 3

AnOldBrownie

Sorry have to disagree

Agree.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 27, 2021, 10:54:13 PM
is SO much more than just 5 points.

Brighton are a much superior football side, and should have won by 3-4 goals today.

They are a threat from set pieces, they pass the ball well, and their attacking players like Trossard and Maupay know how to find pockets of space between the defence & midfield.

We are so disjointed going forward in comparison.

Agree and I've been saying all season how good they are. They just need a goalscorer.

We will only stay up if we start getting goals and they continue to flounder. We also have to hope Steve Bruce doesn't get sacked as he's doing a worful job at Newcastle. They could drop into the bottom three if referees start cottoning on to Callum Wilson's diving.

mrmicawbers

That point today may keep us in the prem.This was a must not lose game.We gained a point against away from home against one of the sides who will be scrapping with us for prem status. If we feel bad imagine how they feel.

hovewhite

As much as we've improved think we will be back in championship next season as we lack a killer instinct a cutting edge and that edge is Mitro who seems not to be trusted by Scott.
We all know what Mitro is capable of when fit, fired up and motivated can he do it at PL level that's the question and now is the time to say Mitro show us your ability.

Tempest

Well if they're that much more superior then I guess thats a good point. Positive then.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

FFC1987

Sorry have to disagree

Sorry, but apart from a few individuals, I think Brighton have a much stronger squad than us. If we compare strikers as a key area of why Brighton will survive and we likely won't (unless TK pulls a rabbit out of his hat). We know fulhams lack of depth so lets focus on Brighton. Connally, Welbeck, Mauphay and i'll include MacAllister as hes down as a midfielder but he often plays up top. Any of those players improve our team/squad.

I also don't think we're better than Burnley. On the eye at times maybe but they also have better squad depth up top. Wood, Barnes, Rodriguez and Vydra. All players that would improve our squad/team.

I could go on but there's a recurring theme and as you well know, i'm focusing on the attacking qualities here because our lack of goals is what's killing us.

Jim©

I've watched 7 or 8 of Brighton's matches and I'd say that they're better than almost all of the sides in the bottom half, they just do not finish their chances.
Their expected goals measure has them at 5th in the league- they've been like they were against us yesterday in nearly every game this season. The same measure has us at 15th out of interest.

I said before the game I'll take a point as I still feel that Newcastle are the ones who will drop like a stone.

Somerset Fulham

Is this the fourth or fifth thread you've started since last night, all mostly about the same thing?

We get it.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 28, 2021, 11:14:39 AM
Sorry have to disagree

Sorry, but apart from a few individuals, I think Brighton have a much stronger squad than us. If we compare strikers as a key area of why Brighton will survive and we likely won't (unless TK pulls a rabbit out of his hat). We know fulhams lack of depth so lets focus on Brighton. Connally, Welbeck, Mauphay and i'll include MacAllister as hes down as a midfielder but he often plays up top. Any of those players improve our team/squad.

I also don't think we're better than Burnley. On the eye at times maybe but they also have better squad depth up top. Wood, Barnes, Rodriguez and Vydra. All players that would improve our squad/team.

I could go on but there's a recurring theme and as you well know, i'm focusing on the attacking qualities here because our lack of goals is what's killing us.

Agreed.

Players like Trossard and Maupay know how to run channels and find pockets of space between the defence and midfield too.

Their football IQ in regards to off the ball movement and spatial awareness are much better than our players too

davew

Better than Burnley (lol), on what is that opinion based on, certainly not the league table or our recent humiliating defeat to them in the cup?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 28, 2021, 12:03:29 AM
That point today may keep us in the prem.This was a must not lose game.We gained a point against away from home against one of the sides who will be scrapping with us for prem status. If we feel bad imagine how they feel.

I agree with this, but we must beat West Brom