watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Parker Battle Cry.

Started by The Swan, January 29, 2021, 08:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Quote from our manager about tomorrows game.

Its a big game for us.

A massive game for us and West Brom. But do I see it as a definer, do I see it as one which is going to define the season for us.

No I don't.
The Swan

Jim©

Well what's he supposed to say to the players if we were to lose on Monday morning if he says it is a definer?

Twig

He has to say that. What else can he say?

Fulham76

Quote from: Jim© on January 29, 2021, 08:58:40 PM
Well what's he supposed to say to the players if we were to lose on Monday morning if he says it is a definer?

I've read this about 8 times & still no idea what you're trying to say.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 30, 2021, 12:01:35 AM

I've read this about 8 times & still no idea what you're trying to say.

If we lost on Saturday, having said it was a must win, when they come in for training on Monday, he then would find it harder to get the boys going again.

I think mentally we need this win regardless of what Parker says publicly. For me, even though there are lots of point to play for apres, this is the turning of the tide moment.

DevonFFC

Do you not think the players are quite capable of understanding the situation in hand regardless of how Parker chooses to word it?

Parker can say what he wants but ultimately it's the boys on the pitch who will win/lose/draw the game.

It's about time they start to look up for it, run that extra 20m and really go for it.

For some however, it makes no odds, they still get paid come the end of the season if we go up or down and for many they will just look to move on.

Slaphead in Qatar

What he says in public and in the dressing room are two different things.

70sPimlico

What Scott says about the next match on a zoom call after training to a bloke on a pc is about the least most important thing anyone should concern themselves with.

Te guy was an absolute winner on the pitch and I imagine he is pretty influential and motivational to a 20 something aged footballer in the confines of Motspur or the changing room.

That said, I am interested in post match stuff where he opens up a bit and relaxes

Logicalman

I would imagine he would repeat himself and say that the game was not a definer for the season!  :dft011:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.