watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What about Michael Bradley for Fulham?

Started by AmericanJames, December 10, 2010, 02:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanJames

Hard nosed tackler, has proven he can succeed at a high level both internationally and in Germany
has a nack for goal, plays w/ a Dempsey type desire, and would probably relish getting away from
the relegation battle his squad is in in Germany and a chance to play with Clint in London

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/41952/michael-bradley?cc=5901

What do you guys think?
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

finnster01

I like him but his father is a bit of a Sri Lanker to be honest
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

duffbeer

He is a possibility but at this point I dont think he'll be cheap enough.  Fulham and the premier league only want Americans if they're cheap, it hurts their psyche otherwise.  The Germans fully know his value and they will determine what 'appens.

BarryP

Right now I am not sure he is playing well enough.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

AmericanJames

Scored a nice goal over the wkend on a free kick from over 40 yards out vs hannover
http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/monchengladbach-hannover-7752826/
go to about the 45 second mark
and i agree he might be a bit expensive but for the price we are looking at paying for
the mexican scum keeper and think he could be an option
and his father is a bit a muppet, i was quite upset when i learned he was brought back
but he has raised one hell of a footballer

HatterDon

now now, Mr. Finn, don't tell me you'd have preferred Klinsmann also? Talk about your Germanic J. Arthurs.

Michael has looked listless and jaded for the USMNT. If we want to spend money on a strong central mid who's American, I'd rather we go after Maurice Edu. He's having a great season [until his recent knock] and Rangers is bleeding money. We could get him cheaply, and he'd help us out.

Michael --  January 2010: hell yes; January 2009: hell yes even louder; January 2011: not so much.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AmericanJames

Personally I love the way Edu plays, lots of speed and a strong passer, the only problem w/ him is that he can not stay healthy.
I can remember a season since he moved from TFC that he hasn't been out w. some significant injury. That being said I can see him staying fit in the Prem w/ the types of tackles occurring lately.
As for USMNT coach I'd have loved to see them bring in Zigi Schmidt instead of coach tracksuit

YankeeJim

I like Michael and would like him at the Cottage. He has a strong motor (runs a lot to you English) hits hard and is still very young.

That being said, I think I could have stopped that 40 yarder. The keeper was flat footed & the ball came in on on a big curve & not very hard.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RidgeRider

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 11, 2010, 02:10:51 AM
I like Michael and would like him at the Cottage. He has a strong motor (runs a lot to you English) hits hard and is still very young.

That being said, I think I could have stopped that 40 yarder. The keeper was flat footed & the ball came in on on a big curve & not very hard.

Agreed, from what I have seen of him he would fit in the Prem. His form maybe off right now, not sure really, but he does play hard and agree his motor is strong, fits the English style well.

Ichabod Magoo

I saw Bradley play about a week ago vs Hamburg and he was easily the best Gladbach player on the pitch.  He assisted on the goal and set up another potential one that was flubbed.  Strangely enough, he was removed with 12 minutes to go while trailing 1-2.  The manager seems to be a bit of a twit.  If I were Bradley, I'd jump the sinking ship and hand in a transfer request.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

AmericanJames

That is why I feel he may be available and at the right price. He could be a player who could be beneficial to our current plight, and stick around for a while and help us get back to where we were at the end of last yr.

duffbeer

Ives reporting that Monchengladbach have him for sale at $6.8 million.  Dont know current exchange rate, but I think that's around 4.5 million pounds?  That's a bit less than I thought they would ask.  Too late for Fulham since we brought in Sidwell, and Ives says Sunderland have moved on.  Palermo are supposedly interested but I dont think Italy is the best fit.  Any prem teams need a box to box midfielder?

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2011/01/bradleys-club-situation.html

Tom

Quote from: duffbeer on January 27, 2011, 05:07:04 PM
Ives reporting that Monchengladbach have him for sale at $6.8 million.  Dont know current exchange rate, but I think that's around 4.5 million pounds?  That's a bit less than I thought they would ask.  Too late for Fulham since we brought in Sidwell, and Ives says Sunderland have moved on.  Palermo are supposedly interested but I dont think Italy is the best fit.  Any prem teams need a box to box midfielder?

Whoever buys him, it will be a great buy. He would fit in well at Fulham and do well here.
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

What about Bolton?? I am not too familiar with there midfield situation but I would love to see him and Holden play together and gain  some more chemistry for the nats 

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on January 27, 2011, 08:43:06 PM

What about Bolton?? I am not too familiar with there midfield situation but I would love to see him and Holden play together and gain  some more chemistry for the nats 
That would be good James.
Fulham for life!

duffbeer

Sounds like he is off to Galatasaray (sp?) in Turkey.  Not particularly crazy 'bout this move.  I cant even find the Turkish league on Soccernet.  I know they're a big club but I dont think they're doing very well at the moment. 

http://theshinguardian.com/2011/01/28/report-michael-bradley-to-galatasaray/

finnster01

They are top of the table in the SPL. That is the "Stabbing Premier League"

And someone please send him a Netflix copy of Midnight Express before he leaves...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AmericanJames

Quote from: duffbeer on January 28, 2011, 04:12:03 PM
Sounds like he is off to Galatasaray (sp?) in Turkey.  Not particularly crazy 'bout this move.  I cant even find the Turkish league on Soccernet.  I know they're a big club but I dont think they're doing very well at the moment. 

http://theshinguardian.com/2011/01/28/report-michael-bradley-to-galatasaray/

Say it ain't so Mo. This move scares me if it happens and not only for his own personal safety

HatterDon

It didn't hurt Fridel to play in Turkey, and you might want to ask Millwall fans about stabbings against Wet Spam.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AmericanJames

Quote from: HatterDon on January 28, 2011, 07:54:13 PM
It didn't hurt Fridel to play in Turkey, and you might want to ask Millwall fans about stabbings against Wet Spam.

Yea but I just don't think a move to Turkey is in his best interest at this point in his career. I see it as a move sideways or even down. The Turkish is ok but i wouldn't but it on par w/ a move to the Prem or even a move to another Bundesliga squad.