more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clubs publishing FPP accounts

Started by Baszab, January 29, 2021, 08:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

Quote from: Baszab on January 30, 2021, 12:26:27 PM
My only argument against myself : wouldn't the CC pitch be too small for NFL ?

Far too small. Think of all the stuff on the touchlines as well.

The plan for a franchise over here would be at a large stadium to accommodate large crowds. However, if the franchise was as poor as the Jags I'd imagine attendances would quickly drop.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Baszab on January 30, 2021, 10:33:10 AM
What surprises me is that there are so many strong opinions here on defending why the owners haven't spent on the team because of FPP and that they have to be "very careful" on planned player expenditure

In fact, no-one knows the true situation on FPP  and therefore it is all conjecture

I wouldn't think even the FD of FFC knows the current situation,  he will also be hindered by the volatility of the players' valuations

So back to the same argument - Khans have spent a fortune on the stadium but not on the team

Why ?

What surprises me is that there are so many strong opinions here on defending why the owners haven't spent on the team because of FPP and that they have to be "very careful" on planned player expenditure

In fact, no-one knows the true situation on FPP  and therefore it is all conjecture

I wouldn't think even the FD of FFC knows the current situation,  he will also be hindered by the volatility of the players' valuations

So back to the same argument - Khans have spent a fortune on the stadium but not on the team

Why ?

[/quoteThey don't want to spend any money on players as they want to have a brand new 100 million pound stand half empty in a lower division.

Baszab

I'm too nervous to argue about the Khans' motives anymore

Feels like play-offs day today

Statto

Quote from: Craven_Chris on January 30, 2021, 12:13:56 PM
But my position is that if we don't strengthen in this window, it is most likely because the financial headroom doesn't exist in the plan.

What somewhat confuses me is that it's only now, in the last days of the window, that Parker and the well connected journos like Rutzler seem to be saying no one is coming in.

If it was a simple case of us having hit a hard limit for FFP, that would have been clear from the start of the window.

A possible explanation is that we hoped to offload Seri on decent terms and that would finance an acquisition, but we've now realised that isn't happening.

As usual I'm getting the faint smell of incompetence with the way the window has panned out.

Craven_Chris

Quote from: Statto on January 30, 2021, 01:26:01 PM
But my position is that if we don't strengthen in this window, it is most likely because the financial headroom doesn't exist in the plan.

What somewhat confuses me is that it's only now, in the last days of the window, that Parker and the well connected journos like Rutzler seem to be saying no one is coming in.

If it was a simple case of us having hit a hard limit for FFP, that would have been clear from the start of the window.

A possible explanation is that we hoped to offload Seri on decent terms and that would finance an acquisition, but we've now realised that isn't happening.

As usual I'm getting the faint smell of incompetence with the way the window has panned out.

That's a good point. I suppose the change in prospects could have been at the other end of the deal too, ie there was a target, maybe a budget one, which was viable financially, but it fell through in some way... but you are right, it did feel that something was possible early in the window

Statto

There were some on Twitter at the end of the last window saying that the club knew full well it was hamstrung by FFP spending limits this year, but has been reluctant to say so because it reflects so badly on TK. If we are indeed at the threshold of what FFP permits us to spend, it's because we've almost a whole team of TK signings from the last two seasons out on loan or on the bench...

Fabri
MLM
Bryan
Mawson
Hector
Kongolo
Seri
Cavaleiro
Knockaert

Grand total around £90-100m

Sting of the North

Why ?

We can see that in the past and where data's is available, Fulham have pretty much always spent close to the FFP limits and also it is quite plausible that Fulham are up against FFP limits now.

Given the Khan's history of heavy investment (up to the FFP limits plus extra on stadium/Motspur Park and taking large personal losses) I think its more likely that FFP is the current limiting factor rather than a sudden change in appetite for investing in Fulham.

Fulham, I would hope, must have a financial plan to navigate the limits, including in the event of relegation, and of course none of us know the details of that plan. But my position is that if we don't strengthen in this window, it is most likely because the financial headroom doesn't exist in the plan.

But we don't know so it is all speculation!

This is a very good post. Whether or not we have funds available under FFOat the moment we do not know, but to accuse the Khan's of generally not spending money on the team or investing in the squad is seriously strange (to be kind). The Khan's have most of the time spent basically as much as they can without putting the club in serious trouble. This is as far as I understand backed up by facts in previous years. Although I have not researched this personally, but I am yet to see anyone presenting anything that indicates that the Khan's have generally not spent basically as much as possible.

Our problem is not on the amounts spent, but perhaps how it was spent. I have seen nothing (possibly excluding the current window since we have little knowledge) indicating that the Khan's are not putting their money where their mouths are.