watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Facts (maybe not all correct)

Started by The Swan, January 30, 2021, 05:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

WestBrom had lost their last five games at home. They conceded 22 goals and scored zero.

They play Fulham and they score two goals and could have won the game.

We are just not good enough for the Premier League.

I cant even see us coming straight back up next season.

Unless we get Eddie Howe as our manager.
The Swan

FFC In Oz

I'm worried about surviving in the Championship next year to be honest.

Look at the players leaving:

Andersen
Areola
Aina
Lookman
RLC
Lemina

Players we will sell:

Anguissa
Robinson
Tosin

Players we might sell:

Reed
Tete
Mitro

FFC1987

I think with the right manager, we could keep Tosin, Reed, Mitrovic and maybe Aina.

blingo

FFC In Oz

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 30, 2021, 05:14:27 PM
I think with the right manager, we could keep Tosin, Reed, Mitrovic and maybe Aina.

On the basis of his performances, I think Tosin would get a decent money move to a club such as Brighton, West Ham or maybe Norwich when they come up.

Sting of the North

I also believe that if we sell most of our best players (even though they are on long contracts) and decide not to use the considerable funds those sales would bring in to acquire any half decent replacements then the remaining squad (not too unlike the one that won promotion from the Championship quite recently) would struggle to survive in the Championship... no wait, that makes little sense to me. I don't think that at all. In a worst case scenario we battle for the playoffs and fail, in my opinion.

SouthIslandWhite

It was not our best day on the park, that I will grant you all. But we showed some bottle equalizing before the death. That was a huge goal. COYW!
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 30, 2021, 06:50:49 PM
I also believe that if we sell most of our best players (even though they are on long contracts) and decide not to use the considerable funds those sales would bring in to acquire any half decent replacements then the remaining squad (not too unlike the one that won promotion from the Championship quite recently) would struggle to survive in the Championship... no wait, that makes little sense to me. I don%u2019t think that at all. In a worst case scenario we battle for the playoffs and fail, in my opinion.

I'd say anything from 5th to 12th is probably likely without decent investment.

Saying that, if we can start the season with say, Rodak, Bryan, Robinson, Kongolo and Tosin with Reed as DM, you'd have to start to feel optimistic about our chances of automatic.

Sgt Fulham

Highly doubt we will struggle in the Championship. Much more likely we continue to yo-yo and promotion becomes a bit meaningless.

davew

Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 30, 2021, 05:11:38 PM
I'm worried about surviving in the Championship next year to be honest.

Look at the players leaving:

Andersen
Areola
Aina
Lookman
RLC
Lemina

Players we will sell:

Anguissa
Robinson
Tosin

Players we might sell:

Reed
Tete
Mitro
Quicker to post who we might have left, or even quicker if you post the names of the remaining players good enough to play in a promotion challenging team. I would start the list but......
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 30, 2021, 07:03:17 PM
I also believe that if we sell most of our best players (even though they are on long contracts) and decide not to use the considerable funds those sales would bring in to acquire any half decent replacements then the remaining squad (not too unlike the one that won promotion from the Championship quite recently) would struggle to survive in the Championship... no wait, that makes little sense to me. I don%u2019t think that at all. In a worst case scenario we battle for the playoffs and fail, in my opinion.

Saying that, if we can start the season with say, Rodak, Bryan, Robinson, Kongolo and Tosin with Reed as DM, you'd have to start to feel optimistic about our chances of automatic.
That is a great squad of players who can score goals and defensively I would be worried.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

FFC1987

Quote from: davew on January 30, 2021, 08:00:20 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 30, 2021, 07:03:17 PM

That is a great squad of players who can score goals and defensively I would be worried.

Sorry, you'd be worried defensively if we had Tosin and Kongolo with Reed in front?

Statto

Can't see us signing Aina for £11m or whatever the fee is, if we go down.

Equally I can't see Tosin, Reed, Robinson or Tete going anywhere. IMO they're all somewhat overrated on here and I don't see mid-table PL clubs coming in for any of them.

Mitrovic's poor form up to now may be a blessing in that it keeps him here too.

But yeah Anguissa will be off.