watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic

Started by colinwhite, January 30, 2021, 06:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Mitrovic has been very poor for alarge part of our season so far. He is a cult hero at the club , and has always been a favourite player of mine since he joined the club. Ive given him a lot of criticism of late whilst others have continually banged the drum about getting him in the team. For me,he has looked slow ,a bit on the heavy side and lacking in something that strikers live off -self -confidence which comes from finding the back of the net. I understand why Parker has not picked the big man for a team trying to play amore counter attacking game.

But despite my massive frustraion and disappointment at not winning  todays game,I still feel positive about this team. Even more so due to Mitros performance today. He held the ball up ,looked Sharp and hungry and the belief is starting to come back. All he needs is a goal and the Mitrovic of old could be back.I fancy him to score in the next game.

SP

He definitely looked fitter today, onwards & upwards hopefully.

Somerset Fulham

I think this too.  There has been something wrong, no question but he was dropping deep today and playing some great one touch football.

If we have a fully fit and firing Mitro then we still have every chance of getting out of this.

SouthIslandWhite

Liked him today. Liked him a lot!  Keep starting him please.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

VamosFFC

Could have had a few assists and a goal if things went our way today. He's looking like his old self slowly, but surely.

junior white

He was great in the first half, fell away in the second (except the last 10 mins or so) for me

However, it wa s better and we should keep him up top for now and hope he starts to bag some goals

Statto

Agree, the focus now has to be on persuading him to stay because he will be vital for next season's promotion campaign

colinwhite

Quote from: Statto on January 30, 2021, 08:09:36 PM
Agree, the focus now has to be on persuading him to stay because he will be vital for next season's promotion campaign

Oh no Statto . Theres a long way to go. We are staying up.

filham

Yes, Mitro to start against Leicester and Cav. on the bench as a possible impact sub.
The new striker we sign on deadline day will not be ready until the Everton game.

Twig

Quote from: colinwhite on January 30, 2021, 08:19:36 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 30, 2021, 08:09:36 PM

Oh no Statto . Theres a long way to go. We are staying up.

Statto's spot on

Fulham Tup North

I thought Mitro looked so much like his old self today.... held the ball up well .... set up team-mates.... won free kicks...  hopefully we have the old Mitro back.....🤞⚽️⚽️🥰
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Whitesideup

Mitro much better today. First half performance was excellent. But when the going gets tough, and we come under the cosh a bit, the service disappears, and so does he. Defending corners he still does his (very good) bit. We need to find a way of getting him into the game more. I know it's like saying well, if we play better then we will have more time to measure our passes to him. I think it should involve more movement from him at specific times to make him a more accessible target to help get us out of trouble. It's difficult watching on tv because you can't see all that he does, but there are times when I feel he is too static and therefore too easily marked. I noticed it in the second half. I think back to Bobby Zamora. Not the fastest in the world. But when we were in trouble and needed an out, he would move off the defender into a space that we would then try to hit. I believe Hodgson coached that into the team. If Mitro continues, and on today's peformance I think he should, that is what I would work on. We are playing strong teams and we won't always be able to play our way in triangles out of it.