watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

At half time I was thinking.....

Started by davew, January 30, 2021, 06:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

that everybody was buzzing that we were far superior than WBA although some of us foresaw what was coming and we were sort of right that we wouldn't go on to win the match. No comments in the first have match day thread about bring on....take off...he is useless etc. etc. As usual we get to the evening and everybody changes their views, quite comical really.

My question is who haven't we blamed today for the result?  :003:
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SouthIslandWhite

We haven't blamed the other team, who the last time I checked get a vote in the outcome of every match we play.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

davew

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on January 30, 2021, 06:40:10 PM
We haven't blamed the other team, who the last time I checked get a vote in the outcome of every match we play.
Good point!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Whitestone

Quote from: davew on January 30, 2021, 06:38:30 PM
that everybody was buzzing that we were far superior than WBA although some of us foresaw what was coming and we were sort of right that we wouldn't go on to win the match. No comments in the first have match day thread about bring on....take off...he is useless etc. etc. As usual we get to the evening and everybody changes their views, quite comical really.

My question is who haven't we blamed today for the result?  :003:

Fickle bunch football fans (and I include myself) !

Arthur

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on January 30, 2021, 06:40:10 PM

True. And we won't have another opponent this season that plays as poorly as West Brom did in the opening 45 minutes. We played well - to a point. But West Brom were helping to make it even easier for us. They gave us the same opportunity today to do what Villa, Leeds, Arsenal and Manchester City have done in recent weeks and win comfortably. But we weren't good enough to do what those other teams did - and this tells us why we're in the relegation places.

cookieg

It is amazing how many hindsight experts we have on this board.

Milo

Up to a point but it was hardly a surprise they would press more in the second half. Nothing wonderful about their gameplay other than that?

Fulham1959

Quote from: cookieg on January 30, 2021, 07:28:50 PM
It is amazing how many hindsight experts we have on this board.

Always have had and always will have ! 

FFC1987

When you miss a many chances as we did in the first half, there's always an air that it will come back to bite us.....it happens so often in the extreme margins that is the EPL. So much quality in most teams that inevitably, they'll create at least a chance. Its not Mr Hindsight, just such a common theme for not only Fulham, but most EPL sides. Look at Villa against Burnley, almost the exact same thing happened.

filham

I actually  foresaw the game of two halves coming and posted a warning at half time.
We have given little credit to Big Sam who generally is not held in high esteem on this board.