News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you rather see us lose than draw today ?

Started by Riversider, January 30, 2021, 09:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Plodder

I appreciate the point you are trying to make (about playing more boldly and thereby taking more risks), but to phrase the question as "Would you rather see us lose than draw today?" means that the only sensible answer is "No".

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 30, 2021, 02:53:57 PM
I cannot believe we will not win today.
Nor me based on the first half, but we are Fulham!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Riversider

Quote from: davew on January 30, 2021, 04:00:52 PM

Well we did, and if Brighton now beat Spurs at home (Quite possible) we are down.

Whitestone

Quote from: Riversider on January 30, 2021, 05:09:44 PM

Well we did, and if Brighton now beat Spurs at home (Quite possible) we are down.

Just as today wasn't a must win game we aren't down yet and won't be if Brighton win.

FFC In Oz

Not sure what had you thinking that but the post didn't age well.

Riversider

Quote from: Riversider on January 30, 2021, 05:09:44 PM

Well as I thought Brighton did indeed beat Spurs, which is why I was saying we had to throw the kitchen sink at WBA yesterday to claim the three points, that point looks awful now,
The three sides in the bottom three are comfortably the worst three sides in the league and fully deserve their relegation,  no complaints from me,
We've got the best part of eight months now to prepare for another tough season in The Championship,  so lack of preparation time won't be an issue ,
No point in throwing good money after bad now on transfer deadline day unless that player fits the criteria for The Championship,  somebody like Josh Maja for example,
A lack of urgency in the summer and a lack of urgency at the start of January has contributed to our downfall but in reality The Premier League has moved on since we were last in it and the gap has now widened,  congratulations to Leeds United on bridging that gap,
Bring on another trip to Wembley in 2022 👍🏻🤞🏻

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 30, 2021, 05:14:23 PM

Not sure what had you thinking that but the post didn't age well.

I am not sure either, I think I shall go and have a lay down.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Plodder

I have just put on another thread that all the talk of "we're down , there's no hope" is the natural state of being a football supporter. The supporters of the five clubs above us are not feeling the same way. If Fulham and Brighton swapped places now, would people be saying that we were nailed on to stay up? With about half a season to go, it is far too early to state that relegation is inevitable.  I give us something like a 30% chance of staying up as things stand.

FFC1987

Quote from: Plodder on January 31, 2021, 10:10:23 PM
I have just put on another thread that all the talk of "we're down , there's no hope" is the natural state of being a football supporter. The supporters of the five clubs above us are not feeling the same way. If Fulham and Brighton swapped places now, would people be saying that we were nailed on to stay up? With about half a season to go, it is far too early to state that relegation is inevitable.  I give us something like a 30% chance of staying up as things stand.

Yes. They are more capable of winning games until the end of the season. Something the teams below them don't seem capable of consistently. I'd be very confident if I was a Newcastle/Brighton/Burnley, i'd be very confident right now.