West Ham
1-3
Liverpool
Brighton
1-0
Spurs

WhiteJC

Jean-Michael Seri: Bordeaux sign Fulham midfielder on loan

The Ivory Coast international has returned to the French top-flight to revive his career with the Girondins

Bordeaux have confirmed the signing of Jean-Michael Seri on loan from Fulham for the remainder of the 2020-21 season.

Seri will be looking to revive his career in a familiar environment – Ligue 1, after he was snubbed from Fulham's Premier League squad this term.

The 28-year-old made only two appearances in the Carabao Cup before his return to France.

He made 32 appearances in the Premier League during his debut campaign, and he had a goal to his name before the Cottagers suffered relegation to the Championship in 2018-19.

Seri, subsequently, moved to Turkey for top-flight football and he spent the 2019-20 season at Galatasaray where he scored two goals in 37 matches across all competitions, and he also won the Turkish Super Cup.

The former Nice midfielder will be expected to boost Bordeaux's push for a European spot as he links up with Senegal's Youssouf Sabaly, Algeria's Mehdi Zerkane and Nigeria duo Josh Maja and Samuel Kalu in Jean-Louis Gasset's team.

Seri has 18 months left on the four-year contract he signed with Fulham from Nice in 2018.

"FC Girondins de Bordeaux is pleased to announce the arrival of Jean-Michael Seri to the club. The midfielder is on loan until the end of the season from Fulham FC (England). The player successfully passed his medical examination and signed all the documents," the club statement read.

"FC Girondins de Bordeaux is very happy to welcome Jean-Michael Seri. He will find former teammates with Hatem Ben Arfa and Paul Baysse and make himself available to the staff.

"We wish him the best in Bordeaux!"

Bordeaux are eighth in the Ligue 1 table and they host Lille for their next league fixture on February 3.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/jean-michael-seri-bordeaux-sign-fulham-midfielder-on-loan/p8b8mekm8t9j1bz3x9ni006pw

WhiteJC

Fulham talent Timmy Abraham cites Kieron Bowie example as Raith Rovers spell begins

Timmy Abraham has heard good things about new club Raith Rovers from a familiar face at parent team Fulham, Kieron Bowie.

Brother of Chelsea star Tammy, the striker has joined Raith Rovers from Fulham on loan until the end of the season. He hade his debut on a great day for the Kirkcaldy side, beating promotion rivals Dundee 3-1.

Bowie left his boyhood club in the summer for Fulham and Abraham's heard good things about the club from that: "It's a pleasure to be here and I am happy we could get it done. I am looking forward to it. I'm on loan to the end of the season. I like to score lots of goals and running in behind, doing what I can for the team.

"I found out not too long ago about interest. Kieron Bowie had been here before and I heard good things. I thought I should come and see things for myself. It's a different environment, different weather.

"I know Kieron and I had heard things about that from the lads – we have had a little switch! I haven't played too much football over the last couple of months but I have a bit of experience in League One in England.

"I like challenges. I have did a bit of homework, I know Raith like to play attractive football and they go forward a lot. I want the team to be in the best possible position and I want to hit the ground running."

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/interview/fulham-talent-timmy-abraham-cites-kieron-bowie-example-as-raith-rovers-spell-begins/

WhiteJC

Five Thoughts: West Bromwich Albion 2-2 Fulham
I've never known a Fulham side quite like this one. It fluctuates, in and out, hot and cold, and though we're cut adrift, up poo creak without a paddle, I can't help but feel there's hope for this consigned, on the fritz ensemble yet. Sam Allardyce labelled Saturday's meeting 'season-defining' and Scott Parker, dismissing the statement, wasn't as twitchy.

Do I think we're dead in the water, in solidarity with Scotty's buoyant sentiment? No, although I do think the oxygen's running thin, fast. West Bromwich Albion are in the same predicament and are a horrible side to watch and yet, as the game denoted, we are equal. How depressing is that?

We haven't helped our chances of survival, not one bit but crucially, through the hardship, the shortcomings, we aren't losing. Positives are in fairly short supply, although we'll take solace in the fact we're enduring, competitive in patches, and in with a muted shout. I'm adamant we'll turn the Foxes over on Wednesday, just don't quote me on it.

First Half Mirage
Focused, in the zone from the off, Fulham assaulted the first half with endeavour, tenacity, and West Brom simply couldn't establish a rhythm, whatsoever. It was clockwork, the Whites' seized possession and set about dismantling the hosts' malleable structure and from back to front, in every conceivable aspect, Parker boys were first-rate, a credit to his do-or-die vision. Purring, waxing lyrical, football Twitter extolled the Whites' persistence, a comprehensive drubbing was predicted and encouragingly, with proceedings firmly under their control, Fulham were peerless.

Every time the Whites ventured over the half-way line, they looked like scoring. Fluent, symmetrical, the visitors summoned demonic counter attacks but for all the devil in their approach, conviction strayed, yet again, from their final product. Bobby Decordova-Reid, following his adeptly dispatched opener, was odds-on to stroke home his second but the foot of the post came to Sam Jonhstone's salvation. Ademola Lookman weaved under duress but wasn't able to connect cleanly and with 7 shots on target, 5 off the mark come the end of the game, several big, big chances, to widen the margin went wanting and you could tell as each distinctive shot escaped the back of the net, that it really was going to be one of those cruel, bitter foredoomed days after all.

With a catalogue of opportunities being neglected, the hosts knew that their luck may well be in. Football often scripts a narrative that astonishes and deceives, and whilst Fulham were seemingly in the driver's seat, cruise controlled to victory, their uncouth execution goaded punishment and persecution. From a constructive point of view, the first half was undeniably the best Fulham had played in a long while, albeit against a poorly organised outfit in the Baggies but at this level, with a clear rear-view mirror, we can't afford to take our foot off the peddle for one moment, idling in neutral is not wise and complacency, as we found out, is a byword for guaranteed disaster.

Second Half Disparity
Lulled into a self-inflicted false sense of security, with a slender 1-0 lead which was unassailable in the Whites' eyes, the finger lifted off the trigger and the shotgun was turned upon ourselves as the hosts' depreciated morale mutated against the run of play. West Brom, before the break, were at the mercy of the Whites but with a renewed sense of intention, Allardyce's motiveless men regrouped off the back of the one-time England manager's intervention and sparked a revolt.

The Baggies hijacked proceedings with an opportunistic equaliser and that startled Parker's camp, who'd taken their standing and status in the fixture for granted, hitchhiking on flawed pretences. It really was a game of two halves, the cliché couldn't be more appropriate. Fulham had sugar in the tank and the Baggies' high press, combined with an undeviating directness, gradually syphoned their guests' energy and impetus. We couldn't make simple passes stick, we barely graduated past a slackened, yielding tempo and that debilitating, denouncing malaise dithered ominously, parading our ugliest imperfections in the worst light possible.

West Brom clamoured, flipping the game on its head unceremoniously, and with the Whites knelt on the canvas, a body blow was landed with their second of the encounter, a move that yanked the stuffing from our vulnerable underbelly. Harrison Reed launched a teasing ball into the penalty area and Ivan Cavaleiro was equal to the cross as it skipped off the turf but that merely crushes salt into the wounds. A draw is not a consolation in this instance, it's incriminating. Endorsing an undying positivity is well nigh impossible, we will suffer dips in form and fortitude, but when we're in the ascendency, with a clear incentive, folding in such an accusable, wretched manner is sickening, degenerative to the principles we readily abstained at the drop of a white handkerchief.

Mitro's Inviting Contribution
For what it's worth, which isn't a great deal momentarily, Fulham's attack, with Aleksandar Mitrovic back in contention, was convincingly effective in the Black Country. At last, we finally scored more than one measly goal and, as we've already discovered in detail, we should have scored hatful and that, meriting his presence, is down to Mitro's incorporative industry. West Brom's back line was flimsy, detachable, and with a focal point up top, the Whites could construct methodically with the Serb's substantial stamp of approval. Openly criticised for slowing the tempo, Mitro's actually the calming influence our frantically faulty strike force requires, and from what we've seen in the last 100+ minutes, or so, where he's featured, we've undoubtedly carried a persuasive menace.

Mitro is starved of success in the final third where his goal-scoring drought's concerned but cooperatively, the striker's contributions have broadened. His naturally deadly aptitude is dormant, although his spatial awareness in key areas has evolved. He's no longer selfishly insufficient, last year's leading bagsman invites his teammates into favourable striking zones and for the betterment of the team, he's obligated to bolster our offensive relevance by any means necessary. Kyle Bartley was sucked into Mitro's orbit and subsequently, BDR and Ademola Lookman were free to dart beyond, enticing our No.9 to supply the ammunition and as a result, the hitman registered a consummate assist.

With two false nines up top in recent outings, Fulham threatened fleetingly, however as the opponent settled, our makeshift approach was detectable and negated. Reintroducing Mitro' into this system which is dependent on three at the back, with wingbacks and three multifaceted midfielders is tenable, it was trialled on Saturday afternoon and it's evidently practicable. Beforehand, the Whites packed pace without punch but against the Baggies, reinvented and reformed, cohesion returned with a linkage between the lines, and that upturn in design is accredited to Mitro's distractingly instrumental profile.

Well In, Lemina
Harrison Reed's importance in this squad is paramount. The 26-year-old shields our defensive quarters manfully, dousing the opposition's impulsiveness unremittingly, and emulating his rigid exploits is not elementary in the slightest. Mario Lemina is cut from a similar cloth, although there are distinct differences between the two. Reed is full-blooded, but logical, whereas Lemina's committed, but uninhibited, brandishing a devil-may-care outlook. Dion Dublin's MOTM was Ruben Loftus-Cheek, for reasons that are obscure and unfounded, however if I'm to pick a standout performer, which I will, the Gabonese midfielder's got to be in with an outside chance.

Despite his sporadic recklessness and over-animation, Lemina stuck to the task at hand, mediating between our offensive charge and defensive recoil and, particularly in the first half, the 27-year-old's example complimented the effort and work-rate of Reed. Drawing comparisons is not advisable because they are divergent, although one shared common trait is their devotion to the cause, an assiduity that makes both of them hardened competitors, in their own individual rights, on the highest domestic platform.

In Lemina, we have an instigator that's impassioned, mildly erratic, but persevering, and in the middle of the park against a physical Jake Livermore, a wily Robert Snodgrass and a willing Connor Gallagher, the Southampton loanee's existence was fiercely prominent. For an anchoring force, Lemina does have one too many step overs in the repertoire for my liking, and his gob loves a needless expletive, but up until the 72nd minute, when he was replaced by Reed, in fact, his nasty unpredictability worked splendidly, and as a direct alternative, Lemina's roguery is the perfect tonic for a midfield department that often lacks uncalculated aggression which, I decree, is a good thing in moderation.

Draws Tempt Fate
At the 20 game mark two years ago, Fulham had 14 points on the board and, remarkably, after the same milestone this season, we have the same return, with one less win, two less defeats but three more draws, of course. We're consistently picking up points, one by one, but we're not getting anywhere with them, we're still circling the same sinkhole and we're still being completely dishonest with ourselves. In two games where winning was imperative, we've scrounged two points and that, no matter how Parker rationalises it in the coming days, is damningly deplorable.

In reality, we are no better off than Claudio Ranieri's monstrously unbalanced variant, a ragtag bunch barren of identity and objective and Parker's current crop, though they're undoubtedly a much more unified collective, aren't breaking the stigma. I understand that formulating a system that burgeons stability and proficiency, with an entirely unfamiliar set-up, is not an ordeal for the fainthearted, or even the inexperienced, however the manpower we have is, on paper at least, vastly superior to the derivative that housed Denis Odoi, Andre Schurrle and Luciano Vietto but, is that a fair assumption? Should this team, formed on fresh, untested connections and compositions, be any more valid than the side Parker inherited in February, 2018, or are we purely staring into the same abyss that concealed a baleful fate?

It's morbid, but it's 100% correct, the Whites are underperforming, considerably, and our intolerance to lifelines is complicit of a side destined for the drop. I fear these incessant draws will majorly dent our mentality, more than anything, because though we're carving opportunities to assert our illusory dominance, we're bottlers, choking at every sitting and soon, the hand that slaps the back will clench and dig us in the face, knocking the club into a state of disrepair. These two games against Brighton & Hove Albion and West Brom, on the road, were primary occasions to set the record straight, to build momentum heading into a treacherous sector of the campaign where we face Leicester City, West Ham United and Everton, and as we didn't capitalise, as we failed to do ourselves justice, we are teetering on the brink of dereliction as our immediate rivals clamber from the jaws of overt inadequacy.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2021-01-31-five-thoughts-west-bromwich-albion-2-2-fulham/

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk Post Match Show: Fulham Don't Know How To Win

Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

In this episode, the first half of it was a discussion on the 2-2 draw for Fulham. The second half of the show was debate on relegation and does this match seal Fulham's fate?

https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2021/1/31/22258918/cottage-talk-post-match-show-fulham-dont-know-how-to-win

WhiteJC

Leicester fitness update: The latest on Castagne, Vardy & more ahead of Fulham

Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers has provided updates on the fitness of a trio of Leicester stars, on the back of his side's defeat to Leeds.

Bamford stars
The Foxes welcomed Marcelo Bielsa's men to the King Power Stadium earlier today, for their latest Premier League outing.

Leicester headed into proceedings with spirits high in the club's camp, on the back of a fine spell of form of late.

In fact, with Manchester United having dropped two points at Arsenal on Saturday, Rodgers and co. were aware that another victory this afternoon would have guided them above the Red Devils into 2nd in the English top-flight table.

When all was said and done in the East Midlands, however, the hosts were brought back down to earth, with a bang.

This came with a superb Leeds display having eventually seen the Peacocks emerge on the right side of a 3-1 scoreline.

After Stuart Dallas cancelled out Harvey Barnes' early opener, further strikes from Man of the Match Patrick Bamford and Jack Harrison saw the clash turned on its head, and the visitors depart with a deserved 3 points:

Castagne blow
The result this afternoon, however, proved far from the only concern for hosts Leicester.

This came with the Foxes having seen key wing-back Timothy Castagne forced to depart the fray with a little over half an hour on the clock.

In turn, speaking post-match, Brendan Rodgers was inevitably drawn on the Belgian's wellbeing.

And the Northern Irishman went on to confirm that Castagne has picked up a hamstring problem, the extent of which is yet to be established:

'He felt his hamstring. You saw a few of their players as well, where they turn around in games.'

'I don't think he's got a tear in it, but he just felt it tighten up and, as a precaution, we took him off.'

The Leicester boss was also questioned on another pair of his side's sidelined stars – in the form of Jamie Vardy and Wilfred Ndidi – with Rodgers having confirmed that both will remain absent when the club make the trip to Craven Cottage to face Fulham on Wednesday:

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/leicester-fitness-update-the-latest-on-castagne-vardy-more-ahead-of-fulham/

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham plotting deadline day move for Bournemouth striker Josh King after West Ham United drop out of race

According to Football Insider, Fulham are looking to bring Bournemouth striker Josh King to Craven Cottage before the end of today's transfer deadline.

Sportslens View

Manager Scott Parker wants to snap up the Norwegian international in order to sharpen his side's blunt attack, and it will be interesting to see if a deal can be gotten over the line in the coming hours.

West Ham United had been favourites to sign King, but they pulled out of talks last week and are looking elsewhere as they search for Sebastien Haller's replacement.

Fulham have found themselves seven points off safety following 10 losses, eight draws and just two wins in 20 Premier League matches this season.

They have scored just 17 goals so far and will need to get better in the final third if they want to play in the English top-flight next season.

With just three goals and two assists to his name in 14 appearances this season, King is not exactly firing on all cylinders at the moment.

The 29-year-old has not scored or assisted in the Championship, with his involvement in goals coming against Oldham Athletic and Crawley in the FA Cup.

However, with 48 Premier League goals and 14 assists under his belt, King knows all about finding the back of the net in the top-flight, and it is why he has attracted the Hammers, Manchester United, Aston Villa and Everton of recent.

He is not in a rush to leave Bournemouth this window ahead of a potential departure as a free agent in the summer, but the Cherries are open to cashing in on him.

While the Championship side could agree a deal with Fulham, whether King will be keen to join a side that could end up playing in the second-tier next season remains to be seen, though, and it will be interesting to see how things go before 11 pm.

https://sportslens.com/report-fulham-plotting-deadline-day-move-for-bournemouth-striker-josh-king-after-west-ham-united-drop-out-of-race/330880/

WhiteJC

Fulham Aiming To Sign Super Eagles Striker Before Deadline Day

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Fulham are aiming to sign Nigeria international Josh Maja before the close of the winter transfer market.

Negotiations between the Cottagers and French Ligue 1 outfit Bordeaux are at an advanced stage and the striker would be joining the Premier League side on loan for the remainder of the 2020-2021 season if an agreement is reached.

Maja was a non-playing substitute for Bordeaux in their latest league match against Olympique Lyon ahead of a possible departure from Les Girondins.

Maja's agent, Emeka Obasi of Elite Project Group has close ties with Fulham, brokering the deals that took Ola and Jordan Aina to the club in the summer transfer window, and also used to look after RB Leipzig loanee Ademola Lookman.

London-born Maja could be returning for a second spell at Fulham as he spent his formative years as a footballer with the club before transferring to Sunderland, for whom he scored 17 goals in 49 appearances.

The 22-year-old has a contract with Bordeaux until the end of the 2022-2023 season.

Maja made his senior debut for Nigeria in an international friendly against Ukraine in September 2019, coming off the bench to replace Victor Osimhen in the closing minutes.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=38806

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham in advanced talks to bring 22-year-old back to Craven Cottage

Fulham are in advanced talks over a deal that would see Bordeaux striker Josh Maja return to West London on the final day of the January transfer window, as reported by All Nigeria Soccer.

If Scott Parker had a clinical goal-scorer to call on, the Cottagers would be two points closer to safety right now.

But, after missing a whole host of chances in Saturday's frustrating 2-2 draw with West Brom, Fulham are now eight points adrift of 17th-place Brighton – albeit with a game in hand.

It remains to be seen, however, if Maja is capable of putting away enough of the chances created by the likes of Ademola Lookman, Bobby Decordova-Reid and a rejuvenated Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

The Lewisham-born Nigeria international has scored just twice in 17 Ligue 1 matches for Bordeaux in 2020/21.

Maja did score for fun at Sunderland before swapping Wearside for Wine Country, however, and will be hoping to rediscover that Midas Touch if he completes an initial loan move to Craven Cottage before tonight's 11:00pm deadline.

ANS reports that talks have reached an advanced stage. Maja's agent also played a key role in the deal that saw fellow Nigerian Ola Aina join from Torino last summer.

"All I know is what I see and, right now, he has good movement, knows where the goal is," former Fulham boss Chris Coleman said of Maja in 2017 after Sunderland secured a hard-fought victory against, strangely enough, Fulham (Chronicle).

"The signs are good, good movement, great first touch and the finish was sublime as well. His future will be what he wants it to be."

Maja played for Fulham at youth level before joining Sunderland in 2015.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/02/01/report-fulham-in-advanced-talks-to-bring-22-year-old-back-to-craven-cottage/

WhiteJC

Fulham weigh-up deadline day swoop for Bordeaux striker Josh Maja as Scott Parker targets loan move for former Sunderland frontman

Josh Maja shot to prominence with Sunderland before moving to Bordeaux
    Striker has just two goals in 17 appearances this season for Ligue 1 side 
    Scott Parker wants to bolster attacking resources for his side with striker

Fulham are considering a deadline day move for Bordeaux striker Josh Maja.

The Cottagers have been looking to bring in a frontman on loan this window and Maja, formally of Sunderland, has emerged as an option.

Bordeaux confirmed the signing of Fulham midfielder Jean Michael-Seri for the remainder of the season on Saturday.

Josh Maja could move to Fulham on loan with Scott Parker wanting to strengthen up front

And the prospect of Maja, 22, heading the other way was raised during talks.

Maja joined the French club two years ago after an impressive start to the season for Sunderland, scoring 16 times before the end of January.

Maja proved equally clinical in his first full season in France last term, scoring eight times and setting up three more goals despite starting just eight times.

The remainder of his 24 appearances came off the bench.

And a lack of starts this season could see him move on temporarily to secure more regular game.

Maja impressed initially in France but has struggled for starts so far this season

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9209721/Fulham-weigh-deadline-day-swoop-Bordeaux-striker-Josh-Maja.html

WhiteJC

It's time for Tony Khan to step aside

After a dreadful weekend, Fulham's position is precarious. The Whites are eighteenth in the Premier League, seven points adrift of safety and with a worse goal difference than Brighton, whose precious win over Tottenham last night only deepened the gloom. Anyone who watched the car crash that was the 2018/2019 season will be filled with a sense of deja vu.

Tony Khan, Fulham's Director of Football, is about to oversee immediate relegations from the top flight and, amongst everything else, you wonder, why he seeks so much responsibility at Craven Cottage alongside his other ventures in the shape of American football and wrestling. The brutal reality is that businesses are based on results and neither the Jacksonville Jaguars and Fulham are achieving them at the moment. Success requires both time and hard work and with Khan's outside interests it seems very difficult for him to give this fantastic football club time and knowledge we need?

The story of Fulham's last promotion to the big time is already well known. More than £100m was splashed on an entirely new squad, assembled late in the summer and Slavisa Jokanovic paid the penalty for not getting immediate results. A horribly unbalanced side didn't prove competitive under three managers and the chance to establish ourselves in the top flight vanished in the blink of an eye. The heart and soul of the side that had so stylishly played their way out of the Championship was torn out in favour of new arrivals on big wages, which cost a great deal in terms of cohesion and harmony. There's no doubt the team needed strengthening that summer, but turning our backs on the likes of Oliver Norwood and Matt Targett – two loanees who have gone on to star in the Premier League – left Jokanovic without two players who understood the identity Jokanovic had built and what he was trying to create.

Jokanovic was gone in November and Claudio Ranieri's dreadful reign lasted just 106 days. It fell to Scott Parker to see Fulham through painfully to the end, managing wins over Everton and Bournemouth when the day had long since been cast. A novice manager then had to set about trying to change the club's mentality with an eye on an immediate return. The summer's transfer business appeared impressive, with experienced Championship performers in the form of Anthony Knockaert and Ivan Cavaleiro arriving to bolster Fulham's attacking options. But both failed to hit the heights of their previous seasons – and Knockaert is now on loan at Nottingham Forest. Cavaleiro has been pressed into service as a makeshift forward, a position the club has failed to strengthen, with Aleksandar Mitrovic showing the first signs of strain after two-and-a-half unstoppable seasons.

The Serbian striker's record since coming to Craven Cottage has been remarkable. There's no doubt he has been short of those standards in recent months and is suffering from a shortage of confidence, but that is understandable after arguably the lowest point of his professional career and a recurrence of the injury that saw him sit out a significant portion of the run-in last season. Parker has such a paucity of forward options at his disposal and definitively ruled out a new arrival after the dispiriting draw at the Hawthorns on Saturday. It is difficult to see where the goals will come from to keep us up.

Successive managers have spoken about Fulham's frustrations in the transfer market. It is clear that Tony Khan has a huge say on the incomings and outgoings at the football club – but we keep falling short. I have no doubt that he has the best intentions for Fulham, but I believe it is time for him to either give the club his full attention or step aside and allow someone else to fulfil that role. His AEW venture appears to be a great success – and that is to his credit – but Fulham risk squandering another shot at the top flight.

The fans who live and breathe Fulham have been venting their frustration all over social media. Tony Khan tweeted earlier in the season that we would have killed to have been a yo-yo club before he took over his current responsibilities, which shows just how misguided he is. We do not expect miracles or constant success, but commitment to the cause and hard graft from the eleven on the pitch all the way up to the boardroom. I do wonder what the Khan family thinks when seeing Fulham cut adrift from safety with half of the season remaining. A businessman would probably conduct one of those root and branch reviews and consider whether an experienced football figure could make a difference. If Tony stepped aside, giving him more time to grow those outside ventures, he'd remove the vitriol at a stroke – and the club could benefit from a fresh viewpoint.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/02/its-time-for-tony-khan-to-step-aside/

WhiteJC

Josh King transfer update as Blackburn Rovers eye progress of Southampton, Fulham and others

A sale involving Bournemouth striker Joshua King would see Rovers receive a welcomed financial windfall

Bournemouth frontman Josh King

Yet another transfer window with persistent Joshua King links littered through it but it appears increasingly likely that the Bournemouth striker will stay on the Dorset coast until the summer.

King has been the subject of mounting interest with his current contract set to expire in the summer but the forward has reportedly priced himself out of moves to Everton and West Ham with his excessive wage demands.

Interest in King has not dwindled, however, with Southampton and Fulham reportedly keen on launching a late deadline day swoop for the 29-year-old.

Despite a potential Premier League move - and Bournemouth open to the prospect of selling - The Sun reporter Tom Barclay claims that King would prefer to run down his contract and expand his potential options in the summer.

That would be a minor blow for Blackburn Rovers, who are understood to have held a sell-on clause in King's contract after they agreed a compensation package for his departure in 2015.

Should a King transaction go through, any income Rovers were to receive from a deal would be utilised in covering the daily expenditure of the club.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-king-southampton-fulham-19741729

WhiteJC

Sunderland could receive major deadline day cash boost as Fulham target Bordeaux striker Josh Maja
Fulham have been linked with a deadline day swoop for Josh Maja – and it could bring a major cash boost to Sunderland.

If they were to make a move on deadline day for the Bordeaux striker then that would be good news for Sunderland, who sold Maja in January 2019 and included a sell-on clause as part of the deal.

The sell-on clause is understood to be 10 per cent, as previously reported. Maja has previously been valued at upwards of £10million.

Maja scored 16 goals for Sunderland before he left Wearside having rejected the chance of a new deal on Wearside.

His exit proved a huge blow for the Black Cats' automatic promotion hopes with replacement Will Grigg failing to hit the same heights.

Maja hit the headlines last year with his Sunderland exit a key storyline of the second series of Sunderland 'Til I Die, released on Netflix.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sunderland-could-receive-major-deadline-day-cash-boost-fulham-target-bordeaux-striker-josh-maja-3119354

WhiteJC

Fulham player 'requested' by Championship club – Cottagers to send Parker's man elsewhere

Having left OGC Nice for Fulham in 2018, Maxime Le Marchand featured regularly for the Cottagers before Scott Parker was appointed as their manager.

The defender was restricted to three starts in the Championship last term and one more in the Premier League this season.

He hasn't made an appearance for the London club since his side's 1-0 defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers last October.

L'Equipe explain the 31-year-old is 'requested' in the Championship, with Bristol City named as a suitor. However, he's unlikely to stay in England once the window closes on Monday.

It's claimed Fulham could send him out on loan to Belgian side Royal Antwerp until the end of the season.

Antwerp are second in the Jupiler Pro League table, behind Club Brugge. A temporary move to Royal Antwerp will see Le Marchand feature in the Europa League, where they will face Rangers later this month.

Le Marchand's return to Nice was studied, but the Ligue 1 side are looking to take Barcelona's Jean-Clair Todibo, who is currently on loan at Benfica.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-player-requested-by-championship-club-cottagers-to-send-parkers-man-elsewhere/

WhiteJC

Fulham in Maja talks

Fulham are in discussions with Bordeaux over a possible loan deal for striker Josh Maja, according to Sky Sports.

The prospect of the 22 year-old's return to Craven Cottage was floated on Friday as part of the deal that saw Jean Michael Seri return to France on loan. Bordeaux and Fulham agreed to keep those deals separate and the Nigerian international, who was briefly at Motspur Park as a youngster, appears to be the club's main target on transfer deadline day.

Maja, whose first professional goal came against Fulham for Sunderland in December 2017, scored 17 goals in 49 appearances for the Black Cats before signing for Bordeaux in January 2019. He has scored 11 goals in 49 appearances for the French side, but has managed just two goals this season and was unused substitute in Bordeaux's 2-1 defeat at Lyon on Friday night.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/02/fulham-in-maja-talks/

WhiteJC

Le Marchand nearing Antwerp loan

Fulham defender Maxime Le Marchand is in talks with Belgian outfit Royal Antwerp about a possible loan move, according to reports from across Europe.

The 31 year-old, who can operate in central defence or at left back, has made just four appearances for Fulham this season and had been linked with a possible return to Nice earlier in the window. Le Marchand's only start in the Premier League came in the narrow defeat by Wolves back in October.

The former Le Harve defender, who has 48 appearances since joining Fulham in the summer of 2018, was also reportedly interesting Bristol City, who have already taken Alfie Mawson and Steven Sessegnon on loan from Craven Cottage this season.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/02/le-marchand-nearing-antwerp-loan/

WhiteJC

DONE DEAL: Bordeaux sign Fulham star Seri

Ivory Coast international Jean-Michael Seri has returned to France after signing for FC Girondins de Bordeaux.

The central midfielder has joined the French Ligue 1 side on loan from English Premier League club Fulham for the remainder of the 2020/21 season.

Seri has returned to the Ligue 1 where he played for OGC Nice between 2015 and 2018, before joining Fulham on a four-year deal.

Bordeaux released the following statement on their official website:

"FC Girondins de Bordeaux is pleased to announce the arrival of Jean-Michael Seri to the club," a club statement read.

"The midfielder is on loan until the end of the season from Fulham FC (England). The player successfully passed his medical examination and signed all the documents."

"FC Girondins de Bordeaux is very happy to welcome Jean-Michael Seri. He will find former teammates with Hatem Ben Arfa and Paul Baysse and make himself available to the staff."

"We wish him the best in Bordeaux!."

Seri joined Galatasaray on a season-long loan deal, with an option to buy from Fulham in July 2019 and he helped the club clinch the Turkish Super Cup.

However, the former ASEC Mimosas player would leave the Turkish giants and return to Fulham at the end of the 2019/20 season.

He has netted three goals from 30 international games for Ivory Coast.

https://africanfootball.com//news/784130/DONE-DEAL-Bordeaux-sign-Fulham-star-Seri

WhiteJC

Fulham looking to bring in striker Maja

Fulham are in talks over a possible deal to sign former Sunderland striker Josh Maja on loan from Bordeaux until the end of the season.

Former Manchester City trainee Maja, 22, joined the French outfit in 2018.

Scott Parker's side are currently seven points from safety following 17th-placed Brighton's shock win over Tottenham on Sunday and have been looking to sign another striker, with Aleksander Mitrovic having not found the net since September.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-looking-to-bring-in-striker-maja

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham close to signing Josh Maja on loan

According to reports from The Atheltic, Fulham are close to agreeing a loan deal for Josh Maja on the deadline day.

The 22-year-old year impressed during his time at Sunderland where he scored 17 goals in 49 games.

The London-born striker has scored 11 goals in 48 games since he joined French outfit, Bordeaux, in the January transfer window of 2019.

He is a former Fulham youth player and it seems the London club wants to bring him back at the club today.

The report claims that Scott Parker's side have been looking to bolster their attacking options this window, with Aleksandar Mitrovic currently seen as the only recognised striker in the squad.

Fulham midfielder Jean Michael Seri has already joined the French side on loan until the end of the season, and it seems the two clubs could be involved in yet another transfer deal in this window.

SL View — blow for West Ham

The news would come as a blow for West Ham.

Earlier this month, talkSPORT journalist Alex Crook claimed that the Hammers could look to sign the former Sunderland striker this month, with David Moyes keen to bolster his attacking department.

However, it seems Moyes is happy with the squad he has got. Michail Antonio remains the only recognised striker at the London club following the departure of Sebastien Haller to Ajax, but it seems the Hammers won't be making any moves to sign a striker on the deadline day.

https://sportslens.com/report-fulham-close-to-signing-josh-maja-on-loan/331031/

WhiteJC

Josh Maja: Fulham close to loan deal for Bordeaux striker West Ham targeted

David Moyes should be livid as West Ham United are dealt a blow in their pursuit of Josh Maja, with Fulham reportedly close to a deal to sign the FC Girondins de Bordeaux striker on Deadline Day.

What's the word?

According to The Athletic, the Cottagers are close to agreeing a loan move for Maja following discussions with his Ligue 1 side as manager Scott Parker strives to strengthen his attacking options.

The 22-year-old has scored nine goals in 20 league starts for Bordeaux since leaving academy side Sunderland in January 2019, but has only contributed two of those in 17 matches played this term.

Fulham's move for Maja could yet fall through, with the Craven Cottage outfit likely first having to release another player in order to create a place for the £13,000-per-week forward in their 25-man Premier League squad.

Additional reports by the Daily Mail add that Maja emerged as a target for Fulham during discussions with Bordeaux over the transfer of midfielder Jean Michael-Seri, who completed a half-season loan move to the Nouveau Stade de Bordeaux on Saturday.

A lack of starts this term, opening only 11 of his 17 Ligue 1 appearances, is seen to have raised the possibility of the £6m-rated attacker leaving to secure more regular game time.

That prospect could have come at the London Stadium, with recent claims from France suggesting West Ham were in talks with Bordeaux to sign a player who could become the Irons' next Jermain Defoe.

Moyes should be livid

With West Ham's interest in Maja seemingly not progressing after Moyes confirmed that he expects a quiet Deadline Day, the Irons boss should be livid to now find out that Fulham are close to finalising a deal with Bordeaux to sign a player he had courted in the current window.

The Irons have as much of an evident need for attacking reinforcements as the Cottagers do, with Sebastien Haller's move to AFC Ajax leaving Michail Antonio as the club's sole remaining senior centre-forward.

Fulham are exploring a deal for Maja as Bobby De Cordova-Reid is their top-scorer with five goals, as part of a mere group of seven to have found the net in top-flight games this term.

West Ham have been blessed with slightly more goalscorers with 10 players finding the back of the net, but only Tomas Soucek (7), Jarrod Bowen (5) and Antonio (5) have scored more than twice after Haller (3) sealed his £20m transfer.

Maja may not boast a prolific record this season, but he more than shone with Sunderland with 15 goals in 24 games in the first half of the 2018/19 term before leaving for life in France. He is also lauded by Black Cats icon Kevin Phillips for being a "natural goalscorer", given his ability at the top of the pitch.

That skill has not gone away overnight following a six-goal Ligue 1 season last term, with Maja offering Bordeaux a rare bright spark in their a 3-1 defeat to Marseille earlier in the season when he struck home to deny Steve Mandanda a clean sheet.

If he now moves to Craven Cottage and rediscovers his best form, all the while West Ham are without depth behind Antonio, Moyes should be livid to have missed out on his signature.

https://www.footballfancast.com/west-ham-united-transfer-rumours/josh-maja-bordeaux-fulham-transfer-moyes-antonio-haller-gossip