watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I am genuinely gutted

Started by Maidstone Lee, February 03, 2021, 11:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidstone Lee

I really did think we were going to get out of this and we got some great results (Liverpool, Leicester, Spurs etc) early on but the gap is too big and the performances are declining in quality. I think we are unfortunately done for this season and will have to plan for Championship football once again. The incompetence of our DOF will no longer be worth mentioning as he won't be going anywhere. Just sad about it, actually feel disconnected from the club at the moment. Covid doesn't help but it's more then that. We have a good bunch of players but the team will be torn up in the summer. Real shame as I thought we could build something here.

Sorry if this seems very negative all.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

hongkongfulham

Understand that. Feeling pretty dejected myself, as there seems the makings of at least a mid table team in there with the right summer additions. Getting up at 2am to watch and then not getting back to sleep due to dismay is not ideal!

I can't knock the feeling that if we get a big win and chins lift we could still do something.  Mind you I held similar hopes the last time we went down...

End of the day, until its mathematical i cant help but hope, probably to my detriment

Sgt Fulham

It feels so hopeless. What is the point in promotion if this is the best it gets? Why can't we crack this egg?

jayffc

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 03, 2021, 11:25:01 PM
It feels so hopeless. What is the point in promotion if this is the best it gets? Why can't we crack this egg?

Particularly frustrating in that this team has shown themselves to be capable of playing at the level of the first half against west brom or the performance against liverpool...only to also be capable of flopping a gazillion penalties and playing like the 2nd half of west brom game.

My biggest gut punch is knowing that we will likely never see Areola or Joachim in a fulham shirt again. I honestly think a better manager gets more from this team but that's how it is.

Parker likeable as he is for me hasn't found the answers and if last years championship year was anything to go by I'm not enamoured with the thought of watching his style of play much longer. Perhaps that can change with a couple wins to bring the belief back. Maja at the moment is gonna need to be on a one man mission to destroy if we are to have a chance... alot to ask if him.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes it is gut wrenching, and what makes me growl is that it could have been prevented if the Khans had  stopped sleepwalking for once. I will not give up until it's mathematically impossible but I admit we are up the creek without a paddle. I will still live in hope because I have to.
However there is a pattern forming here and nothing will change until the club employs a fully qualified experienced Director of Football for starters, and that isn't going to happen so we are probably Doomed to be Doomed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC In Oz

It's not negative at all, it's realism.   You're coming to terms with what's actually going to happen.  Welcome to the club.

PaulJ123

I made the decision after the WBA game to not watch games until Parker has left.

Fed up of the negative football trying to nick a goal (was the same last season).

JackHamlet90

I have no excitement what so ever for a season in the championship next season we have no purpose to us under the khans. Go down come back up then go down again I feel very deflated

Tempest

It's us or Newcastle, possibly Burnley but there is always 1 team who goes in free fall, we desperately need someone to go into free fall asap!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 04, 2021, 12:12:46 AM
Yes it is gut wrenching, and what makes me growl is that it could have been prevented if the Khans had  stopped sleepwalking for once. I will not give up until it's mathematically impossible but I admit we are up the creek without a paddle. I will still live in hope because I have to.
However there is a pattern forming here and nothing will change until the club employs a fully qualified experienced Director of Football for starters, and that isn't going to happen so we are probably Doomed to be Doomed.

The Great "Brian Clough" would disagree with you, heavily paraphrased and slightly wrong he said that "real footballers never give up on anything they fight for every point and every ball, even if it's cricket or snooker that they cannot play properly, it's in their blood, they could even stop fighting if they wanted too, definatively nothing in the boardroom or admin, even if it's so bad he hates the club can stop a real footballer giving everything fighting for the badge he is wearing, if he could give up he's a fake and you never want him anywhere near a football".

Caedal

I actually think the recruitment, given the FFP restraints we have, has been excellent. Areola, Tosin, Aina, Lookman etc have all come in and looked good. The problem is and always has been Parker. We needed someone experienced just to get us through this year, so we could build for next year. Unfortunately under Parker we show no willingness to attack teams. The Team looks constantly underprepared, lethargic and devoid of ideas. We played some turgid football in our promotion season, and even after abandoning Parkerball (constantly giving the ball away in our backline and the opposition goal scoring opportunities) we are not a good team to watch.

What I will say, is Parker hasnt been helped with some of us key promotion players just not turning up at all this season, and being borderline unprofessional. Mitrovic is clearly out of shape, and when he plays he looks off the pace (bar 1 game this year). You can see why Benetiz didnt fancy him at Newcastle. Cairney has been non existent. Cav at least tries. but is terrible. Knockhaert shipped out on loan. Hector forgot how to play football. The only players from that team that deserve any credit are Reed and BDR.

If there is any hope of staying up (and there barely is now) Parker must go. If there is any hope of being promoted next year after relegation, Parker must go. 

bog

Really pi**** off. If we have the possibility of losing most of this very promising defence and go back to Odoi, Ream and Hector... :dft001: The stupid beginning by way of stagnant transfer beginnings we never really recovered from. No doubt we improved but by way of this TK's slow thick thinking once again we are in a mess. Confidence in all things is so important and we look as though we aint got any right now. A really inform Hammers up next.....  dear oh dear.

092.gif 

clarkey

Caedal is 100% correct.

The Khans are easy to blame but I actually think as owners they are pretty faultless. The recruitment has been excellent, just often too late. It is the coaching side that is amateur, inexperienced and hopelessly out of step with what we need to achieve.

Why did Parker not try and get Linguard in,we could have topped West Ham's offer, why did he not tell TK that Josh King wanted a short term contract not a long one. Why did AK 47 refusing to warm down get leaked ? It is just covering up them letting him and Neeskens go exactly at the time we need them.

His selection policy has been awful, Cav and RLC played to death when they are both clearly not good enough and his tactics just poor. We have no option we are in a terrible place, we need an experienced manager who knows what they are doing and over a five year period builds on what we have to achieve lower half of the table Prem League survival. That is probably after one or two more years at the Championship level.Face it he does not know what he is doing.

Parker was awful last year, we won the play offs through luck and good goals from Joe and Neeskens. Both have since been wasted.He just does not get the best from his players or the squad. We have better players than Burnley and Newcastle but can beat neither.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 04, 2021, 08:18:08 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 04, 2021, 12:12:46 AM

The Great "Brian Clough" would disagree with you, heavily paraphrased and slightly wrong he said that "real footballers never give up on anything they fight for every point and every ball, even if it's cricket or snooker that they cannot play properly, it's in their blood, they could even stop fighting if they wanted too, definatively nothing in the boardroom or admin, even if it's so bad he hates the club can stop a real footballer giving everything fighting for the badge he is wearing, if he could give up he's a fake and you never want him anywhere near a football".

On the contrary Cloughie would agree with everything I said, he was lucky he did not have TK as his D of F otherwise Cloughie would send both TK and yourself away with a flee in your ears.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: clarkey on February 04, 2021, 09:17:03 AM
Caedal is 100% correct.

The Khans are easy to blame but I actually think as owners they are pretty faultless. The recruitment has been excellent, just often too late. It is the coaching side that is amateur, inexperienced and hopelessly out of step with what we need to achieve.

Why did Parker not try and get Linguard in,we could have topped West Ham's offer, why did he not tell TK that Josh King wanted a short term contract not a long one. Why did AK 47 refusing to warm down get leaked ? It is just covering up them letting him and Neeskens go exactly at the time we need them.

His selection policy has been awful, Cav and RLC played to death when they are both clearly not good enough and his tactics just poor. We have no option we are in a terrible place, we need an experienced manager who knows what they are doing and over a five year period builds on what we have to achieve lower half of the table Prem League survival. That is probably after one or two more years at the Championship level.Face it he does not know what he is doing.

Parker was awful last year, we won the play offs through luck and good goals from Joe and Neeskens. Both have since been wasted.He just does not get the best from his players or the squad. We have better players than Burnley and Newcastle but can beat neither.

*applause*

You and Caedal are bang on the money.

Add to that the fact that Parker continues to play BDR (our leading goalscorer FFS) out of position and the fact he NEVER rests Anguissa.  No wonder the poor bloke looks knackered every game.

Southdowns White

Quote from: Tempest on February 04, 2021, 08:13:21 AM
It's us or Newcastle, possibly Burnley but there is always 1 team who goes in free fall, we desperately need someone to go into free fall asap!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
It really doesn't matter if all clubs above us go into freefall we will never get the points to catch any of them as long as we continue to play like we have done this season.