https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 05/02/21...

Started by WhiteJC, February 05, 2021, 12:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

Scott Parker: 'We must bounce back from defeats'

Scott Parker insists Fulham cannot let defeats derail them after their lacklustre performance in a 2-0 home loss to Leicester.

James Maddison starred in the Leicester midfield, providing both assists, setting up Kelechi Iheanacho in the 17th minute and putting James Justin through just before half-time.

The defeat continued Fulham's poor form following disappointing draws at Brighton and West Brom last week, leaving the Cottagers now without a win in 11 Premier League games.

"I think we need to go and win games now. We need to win football matches. We want to give ourselves a fighting chance of staying in this division and that's exactly what we need to do," Parker said.

"This team have progressed and moved forwards extremely well. We've gone from a team that at the start of this season a lot of people were writing us off, we managed to fix certain problems.

"When you're a newly-promoted team, you often find that the progression of the team is the next thing you're working on and that's what we're doing here.

"(We have) a great bunch of lads here that are working their hardest every day to try and get results in this division but you're right I think we all understand that we need to win games.

"And the way that we win games is by strong, confident performances and we can't let defeats derail us at this moment.

"To give ourselves a chance we need to keep performing and from that hope that we can get some results."

The Foxes had earned just one point from matches against Everton and Leeds in the absence of key striker Jamie Vardy, but Iheanacho's first Premier League goal of the season set them on their way to victory at Craven Cottage.

"Actually I wasn't expecting the header," the 24-year-old told the club's official website.

"I got in the space between the two central defenders and I got the header, so I'm delighted.

"I'm always working in training. I need to work really hard to get my chance.

"Sometimes, the gaffer switches the team around, so I need to work for my chance. When it comes, I need to take it and that's what I did tonight."

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers could be boosted ahead of his side's game against Wolves on Sunday and admitted he was hopeful duo Jamie Vardy and Wilfred Ndidi would both be available.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/relegation-battle/news/scott-parker-we-must-bounce-back-from-defeats_433717.html?cQx=NN

WhiteJC

Maja in line for Fulham debut against West Ham

Fulham are readying forward Josh Maja for a debut against West Ham on Saturday evening.

The most likely scenario for the club's newest player is an appearance off the bench as the Whites go in search of a first win in 12 league matches.

Scott Parker said: "It's his first day's training session today. We're looking forward to seeing his qualities and we're pleased to have him on board."

Maja was a deadline day loan from Bordeaux, where he hit form in France's Ligue 1, but he joins a squad watching the distance between relegation and safety grow by the game.

The head coach is only too aware it's soon going to be win or bust if Fulham are to hang on to their top-flight place.

Parker said: "I do understand now, and the team understands, is we need to win games. There is no point in drawing now, let's try everything we can to win matches."

Parker  has run a cursory rule over the squad that lost 2-0 to Leicester on Wednesday night and believes he has no new injury concerns.

He said: "There is no one with alarm bells ringing at this moment in time. We will have a clearer picture tomorrow.

"This year was always going to be a challenge and I braced the team for that journey."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/maja-in-line-for-fulham-debut-against-west-ham

WhiteJC

Fulham manager Scott Parker claims his side's attack has 'let us down', with the Cottagers having won just TWO games all season after returning to the Premier League

Fulham's two wins in the Premier League this term is a joint low along with WBA
    Scott Parker's team have struggled since earning promotion last summer
    The Cottagers  have only scored 17 goals all season in the top flight

Scott Parker admitted Fulham's decision-making in the final third has fallen short at times this season.

The Cottagers have won just two Premier League games this campaign, the joint-lowest total in the division alongside West Brom, while Sheffield United who remain rooted to the foot of the table have won three.

Fulham have scored just 17 times in the top flight and up until the recent loan signing of Josh Maja, Aleksandar Mitrovic was the only recognised centre-forward in the squad.

Fulham boss Scott Parker has hit out at his team's struggles in front of goal this season

'I think there have been some very, very good performances, which we've not been able to convert those draws into wins, (that's what) it all boils down to,' Parker said.

'We've had some big moments in games to win games rather than draws and we've not quite been on the right end of it.

'Our final detail in and around the final third has let us down a little bit and we've not always made the right decisions.

During the first half of the campaign, Aleksandar Mitrovic was the club's only senior striker

'I'm not only talking about finishing and executing here, I'm talking about getting yourself into positions that you can score goals and sometimes we've fallen a little bit short of that.

'I think it's clear for people to see and I think people in football will understand that this is a team that are fighting, this is a team that have big quality in the way we play, we try to put our stamp on games, but they'll also see where we're struggling a little bit at times and we'll try and work on that as much as we can to fix it really.'

Fulham host West Ham on Saturday with David Moyes' men currently in fifth place, just two points behind fourth-placed Liverpool, and Parker expects a difficult match against a club he once represented.

But Josh Maja was brought in late in the January window to bolster the Cottagers' attack

'They've done fantastic really and David's (Moyes) done an amazing job there from last year and where they were as a team,' the Fulham boss said.

'They're on a real vein of form really, a very good side, that have a habit of knowing how to win football matches.

'A big challenge for us at the weekend, one I see that we can get a result in for sure, but at the same time I understand that we need to be at our best to get that, so we'll try and do that.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9224339/Fulham-manager-Scott-Parker-claims-sides-attack-let-down.html

WhiteJC

Win A Signed Maja Shirt

Your chance to win a 2020/21 Home Shirt signed by our latest arrival Josh Maja!

For the chance to win Josh's shirt, simply complete the form below before 11.59pm on Tuesday 9th February.

Good luck!

For full terms and conditions please click here.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/february/Win-A-Signed-Maja-Shirt/

WhiteJC

Fulham vs West Ham: Prediction, live stream, TV channel, team news, time, h2h results, odds - preview

Struggling Fulham host high-flying West Ham in a Premier League London derby on Saturday evening.

Fulham sit 18th in the table, eight points adrift of safety following a home defeat to Leicester in midweek. As for West Ham, David Moyes' Hammers bounced back from last weekend's home loss to Liverpool by securing an impressive 3-1 win as Aston Villa on Wednesday night.

Jesse Lingard starred on his Hammers debut with two goals, and the east Londoners will be looking to put further pressure on Liverpool in the race for Champions League qualification - a scenario most West Ham fans would have scarcely believed at the start of the season.

Date, kick-off time and venue

Fulham vs West Ham is scheduled for a 5:30pm GMT kick-off on Saturday, February 6, 2021.

The match will be held behind closed doors at Craven Cottage due to coronavirus restrictions.

How to watch Fulham vs West Ham

TV channel: The match will be televised on Sky Sports Premier League and Main Event.

Live stream: Sky Sports subscribers will be able to watch the match online via the SkyGo app.

Fulham vs West Ham team news

Scott Parker will be without injured duo Tom Ciarney (knee) and Terence Kongolo (thigh).

As for the Hammers, Arthur Masuaku (knee) remains out while Darren Randolph is a doubt - and Jesse Lingard is likely to start again after his dream debut.

Fulham vs West Ham prediction: 2-0 West Ham win

The Hammers will be confident of another away win here, especially with Lingard impressing on his debut. Fulham will have to be on form to get anything against a well-drilled Moyes side, so an away win looks likely.

Premier League head to head (h2h) history and results

Fulham wins: 4

Draws: 5

West Ham wins: 14

Fulham vs West Ham betting odds and tips (subject to change)

Fulham win: 11/4

West Ham win: 11/10

Draw: 11/4

West Ham to win 2-0: 11/1

Odds via Betfair Exchange. Click here to find out more.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-vs-west-ham-prediction-live-stream-watch-tv-channel-team-news-time-h2h-results-odds-premier-league-preview-b918685.html

WhiteJC

Deadline Day Signing Maja Pictured In Fulham Colours For The First Time, Handed

Super Eagles striker Josh Maja has been pictured in Fulham's colours for the first time following his deadline day move from French Ligue 1 club Bordeaux.

The 22-year-old will be spending the remainder of the 2020-2021 season on loan at the Cottagers where he spent three years as a youngster.

Maja arrived in London on Tuesday but yesterday's Premier League clash against Leicester City came too soon for him.

He is contention to make his senior debut for Fulham having linked up with the squad ahead of the battle with West Ham and participated in today's training session at Motspur Park.

Fulham have confirmed that Maja will be wearing number 27 on the back of his jersey.

Speaking to FFC TV, Maja said : "I'm feeling good, I am feeling excited. Obviously proud to be back at the club I was when I was young. I'm ready for the opportunity , can't wait to get going."

Quizzed on his stint with the Fulham academy, he replied : "It was really good, really enjoyable. I spent some good years here, with a lot of good players that I played with.

"A lot of good coaching as well. I've got very happy memories of my time here".

Fulham have a non-obligatory option to sign Maja on a permanent deal at the end of the season for a fee of ten million euros.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=38852

WhiteJC

Premier League predictions: Lawro v BBC's Morning Live presenter Gethin Jones

Liverpool have not scored in their past three home Premier League games but can they break their Anfield duck against leaders Manchester City on Sunday?

"Jurgen Klopp's side badly need to win to narrow the gap at the top, but a lot will depend on whether Sadio Mane is fit to lead their attack," said BBC football expert and former Liverpool defender Mark Lawrenson.

"The Reds need Mane at the moment more than anyone, because on his day he is just unplayable. Liverpool don't press the same without him, and their attack is more pedestrian too. Divock Origi or Xherdan Shaqiri won't cause City anything like the same sort of problems."

Lawro is making predictions for all 380 Premier League matches this season, against a variety of guests.

For this weekend's Premier League fixtures, he is up against Gethin Jones, who presents Morning Live every weekday morning from 09:15 to 10:00 GMT on BBC One.

Gethin is an Everton fan, and says there were two reasons why he "fell in love with the Toffees" when he was growing up in Cardiff in the 1980s.

"All my mates were Liverpool fans, and I liked being different," he told BBC Sport. "But the big thing was that there was a real spine of Welsh players at Everton at the time.

"Big Nev (Southall) was in goal, Kevin Ratcliffe was captain and Pat van den Hauwe was at left-back - the first of many great left-backs I've seen play for us by the way - and they all became heroes of mine. We won the league twice in three years, we had a brilliant team and they were amazing times.

"It wasn't just the Welsh players I loved at Everton, though. I was a huge fan of Gary Lineker too - I even had Quasar trainers to match his boots - and I've got favourite players from all the different eras. I'll never forget Daniel Amokachi's goals after he came on in our FA Cup semi-final in 1995.

"Nev was amazing to help us beat Manchester United at Wembley in the final, and I can't really get my head around the fact we have not won anything since.

"Why has it been so long? I just don't know. We have had some amazing players in the past few years, but they've gone on to win things elsewhere rather than with us.

"Of course we compare ourselves to Liverpool, who were our main rivals in the 1980s. There have been times since then where we've been at their level but they have pushed on and, for various reasons, we haven't.

"Our new stadium might help, but I love Goodison Park, and I will miss the place hugely when we come to leave it.

"I once got asked to audition for Joseph the musical and had to do it in front of Andrew Lloyd-Webber and Bill Kenwright, who is a theatre producer as well as being Everton's chairman.

"I spent 90% of the audition talking to Bill about whether Everton were going to move from Goodison. I didn't get the role by the way."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION
Fulham v West Ham (17:30 GMT)

West Ham came unstuck against Liverpool last weekend, when they did not play well, but the sign of a good side is when you can respond after a poor performance and the Hammers certainly did that in their win over Aston Villa.

I was impressed by the way David Moyes' side were set up from front to back - they kept Jack Grealish quiet for starters, but they always got men forward quickly too.

New loan signing Jesse Lingard made an instant impression with his two goals in that game, and he has clearly been training hard and looked really sharp despite hardly playing for Manchester United this season. There will be more to come from him, I'm sure.

Fulham did not really lay a finger on Leicester on Wednesday and their long wait for a first league win since the end of November goes on - I don't see them ending it here, either.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Gethin's prediction: I'm really impressed by West Ham at the moment. 0-2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55912898

WhiteJC

NEW DATE FOR BURNLEY AWAY

Fulham's Premier League fixture away at Burnley will take place on Wednesday 17th February (6pm).

The game was originally scheduled to take place at the start of this calendar year, but was postponed due to a number of positive Covid-19 cases in the Fulham camp.

Sky Sports will show live coverage of the newly arranged Turf Moor match.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/february/New-Date-For-Burnley-Away/

FFCBadger