watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

12 matches without a win

Started by blingo, February 06, 2021, 09:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

To stand any chance of survival and after having a Butchers Hook at the League Table this morning in conjunction with our remaining fixtures.
The matches v Sheffield United and Newcastle United, and the two matches v Burnley are absolutely crucial we take maximum points 12, to accomplish that we have to score goals it is as simple as that. A 0 0 draw away from home is no longer cause for celebration. Bearing in mind that we have failed to beat any of those clubs so far this season.
At the same time looking over our shoulder at West Bromwich Albion and Sheffield United who are both playing today v Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea respectively.
Hmmmm..., well there is certainly no margin for error.
It's a case of start winning and winning regularly and without finding the net we won't even beat a carpet.
Draws are no longer useful although better than a defeat, so to stand any chance Fulham have to be both cute with their system of play of not conceding goals and at the same time throw caution to the wind and go for it now to obtain enough victories. Which will also mean somehow beating the sides in the top half as well, and to do that we are going to need our fair share of luck and the rub of the green which seems to have deserted us this season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

Play 442 with mitro and Maja up front. Take the chance, we are going down if we don't take risks now. Parkerball is no good to us we need to have a serious go at this and throw caution to the wind, otherwise it will be as Lighthouse would say......"we're doomed".

blingo

Quote from: colinwhite on February 07, 2021, 07:48:02 AM
Blingo ,haha I was losing the plot myself reading your thread believe me.

But in all seriousness you cant have it both ways. When you have a go at the result ,again , you ARE  having a go at the team and manager after that performance . The players are fighting as a unit and Parker is very much part of that.They are playing for him.

Parker has performed a miracle in turning the shape of the team into the defensively stable unit that they now are. I never thought that was possible did you ?We have not done it by just putting evryone behind the ball,because weve mixed it up with good footbal and we do create chances.Lack of taking those chances has cost us. When we have had Mitro in the team we have shipped more goals (2 against Leicester and 2 against WBA) without putting chances away ourselves. So which do you want. Give it a go may as well lose 5-0 as draw 0-0 again attitude. Sorry but that is just lunacy.
At some point we are going give someone a pasting. I hope it is soon enough to turn the season around but it may not be.But to just recklessly throw away what has been built up in this young team isnt the way forward. We may not have enough quality in the final third to stay up and it may cost us dearly.  But if we want to get back to the days where we can become a stable premiership side (in a league that has improved enormously since Hodgsons era ) than defending as team is going to be the foundation on which everything is built .Roy did it with great success and Parker is manager cut in a similar mould. Roy was  pragmatic ,consistent, had good values ,a work ethic  and an ability to get the best out of his players. These were qualities highly valued at our club but looked down upon shortly after at Liverpool.
Parker is young and has made mistakes but he has shown alot of bottle not just to throw in two forwards and roll the dice,but to have faith in the players that have performed well for him and try and build on that.

We arent Liverpool we are Fulham but sadly alot of fans behave as if we have a right to just roll teams over ,without really having much understanding of what is involved in building a team

Its no good building a team if it does not win enough points to stay in the premiership is it??? If we go down the team will be dismantled and it will have all been for nothing, having to rebuild will do nothing for the new team will it? If we go down we will be lucky to finish top half of the championship next season. As for Mitro, he looked sharp yesterday, but without service he can not score. Give the guy the ball, he hasn't become a bad player overnight but SP has decidedto bench him and not give him a decent run in the team to rebuild whatever is missing. I can tell you that if Mitro scores twice in the next game, everyone on here will be singing his praises.

Baszab

So basically to sum up the situation - I have worked it out now

We must not concede goals  in a game AND we have to get the ball in the opponent's net

This way we might get 3 points per game instead of the usual 0 or 1

70sPimlico

I'd fancy our chances against the likes of Arsenal, Saints, Wolves & Palace.

Arsenal may be stretching it

blingo

Quote from: Baszab on February 07, 2021, 11:43:52 AM
So basically to sum up the situation - I have worked it out now

We must not concede goals  in a game AND we have to get the ball in the opponent's net

This way we might get 3 points per game instead of the usual 0 or 1

Dont complicate things Baz hahahahahahha

Wingnut

Quote from: 70sPimlico on February 07, 2021, 11:43:56 AM
I'd fancy our chances against the likes of Arsenal, Saints, Wolves & Palace.

Arsenal may be stretching it

Arsenal are very hot and cold. Didn't watch their game against Villa, but they were awful against Wolves.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Gezza

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 06, 2021, 10:26:48 PM
I guess it gets less strange when you remember Ranieri, Magath, and other managers who have passed us by. I am tired of the instability. In Scott we have a manager that is at least trying to build something. If he had been given the correct ingredients for a successful season in the Premier League then I would be right there with you. However, great as some of our signings have been, we are weak up front and that will be our undoing. I don't really blame Scott for that, though I completely understand your position.

Totally Agree

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 06, 2021, 10:55:50 PM
Quote from: blingo on February 06, 2021, 09:31:46 PM
I can't believe there are people on here supporting SP.

It is 12 matches actually, 8 draws and 4 defeats I think with 4 clean sheets and only 13 goals against.
Sadly we only scored 6 goals in that time, and there lies the problem.
By the way I still currently support Scott Parker even though I felt his substitutions were far too late today.
Now just say Reid, Cav., Lookman and BDR had each scored one more goal in 4 of those 8 drawn games we would now have 8 more points and would not be adrift at the bottom, be sure those players have had the scoring chances.
We have matched most teams just not taken our chances, not sure how we can blame Parker for the shortcomings of or attacking players nor how a new manager would solve this problem.

Tempest

Still can't believe there are some who can't accept we don't all have the same opinion

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Black and White Blood

Anyone wanting to get rid of Scott doesn't understand football.
Realistically, who would you want to come in ???

filham

Yesterday we matched West Ham in all aspects of the game but failed to score or even get more than a couple of shots on target. Lookman, Cav. BDR and RLC all had good half chances but generally shot wide. Parker was late with bringing on Maja and Mitro.
There is hope that Maja and Mitro will do better if given time, we should start with them at Everton.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on February 07, 2021, 12:26:34 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 06, 2021, 10:55:50 PM

It is 12 matches actually, 8 draws and 4 defeats I think with 4 clean sheets and only 13 goals against.
Sadly we only scored 6 goals in that time, and there lies the problem.
By the way I still currently support Scott Parker even though I felt his substitutions were far too late today.
Now just say Reid, Cav., Lookman and BDR had each scored one more goal in 4 of those 8 drawn games we would now have 8 more points and would not be adrift at the bottom, be sure those players have had the scoring chances.
We have matched most teams just not taken our chances, not sure how we can blame Parker for the shortcomings of or attacking players nor how a new manager would solve this problem.

Wise words filham.

Never forget your Roots.

TC's Sporran

manager or goalscoring
a change in which one would bring an instant change to our fortunes?

sadly sp cannot wave a magic wand and get our players scoring
and i doubt a new manager could

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: TC's Sporran on February 07, 2021, 01:19:21 PM
manager or goalscoring

Agreed

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 07, 2021, 01:54:45 PM
Quote from: TC's Sporran on February 07, 2021, 01:19:21 PM
manager or goalscoring

Agreed

Then explain what's suddenly happened at chelski..