more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Inevitable

Started by ALG01, February 08, 2021, 01:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

Quote from: abfg on February 08, 2021, 04:59:57 PM
I'm fairly realistic about this (we've as much chance as a small feline passing into Hades) but given the challenge on this thread, I'll have a crack:

1. If, If Mitro was suffering from illness/injury and a mental hangover from the Serbia debacle, he could well snap out of it. And be like McBride coming back from injury was for our Roy.

2. We're not playing badly overall... our overall performances are due a relative glut of points.

3. The team directly above us are Burnley, who got points (wins) they didn't entirely merit, they could be due a sink without trace.....

4. .....And we still play them twice. 8 points can become 2 in a relative instant.

5. Someone always crashes and burns from a position of safety.

6. We're due a bit of luck.

7. A wounded and cornered animal is often the most dangerous.

Remember. ALG01, when the world is dark, and all around you seems hopeless - the walls close in and the gloom gathers, there is always one last place you can turn.

There is indeed

ALG01

Quote from: clarkey on February 08, 2021, 10:00:28 PM
I actually do not think it matters that much if we go down, but we should remember how bad some of the games were last season. If we go down can we have a different more attack minded Coach. I hate the way when we got one up last year and then we went all defensive.

We need to play the Fulham way, being 8th in the Championship playing great attacking football and winning 4-2 at home is far preferable to being out of our depth in the Prem, or playing like we did last year.

I do appreciate the sentiment but I honestly do not think we are out of our depth on thr pitch. we do pretty well, but have nothing at the front and when we needed renforcements the cavalry never showed up. If we stayed up, and we actually saw our way clear to buying some proper strikers, we could easilly finish top half. if we go down we will lose the quality players and I fear for what may happen next.

Whitestone

Quote from: ALG01 on February 08, 2021, 10:27:10 PM
Quote from: clarkey on February 08, 2021, 10:00:28 PM
I actually do not think it matters that much if we go down, but we should remember how bad some of the games were last season. If we go down can we have a different more attack minded Coach. I hate the way when we got one up last year and then we went all defensive.

We need to play the Fulham way, being 8th in the Championship playing great attacking football and winning 4-2 at home is far preferable to being out of our depth in the Prem, or playing like we did last year.

I do appreciate the sentiment but I honestly do not think we are out of our depth on thr pitch. we do pretty well, but have nothing at the front and when we needed renforcements the cavalry never showed up. If we stayed up, and we actually saw our way clear to buying some proper strikers, we could easilly finish top half. if we go down we will lose the quality players and I fear for what may happen next.

Agree. We aren't out of our depth this season which is why it is vitally important that we stay up because as pointed out there were some awful games last season, despite promotion. It's no surprise that performances have improved though is it, because the squad is far superior too, if not the finished article. Relegation would see the squad be broken up again with more new, probably inferior players signing and the rollercoaster ride that is Fulham will continue.

General

We're one or two in form strikers and a goalscoring midfielder away from being a solid mid-table team.... we've had so few goals from midfield and noone really looks like scoring (I count Cav and Lookman as wing-forwards and BDR - well who knows but a striker by trade)

So - RLC has to start scoring regularly, so does mitro and then Lookman. Is that likely to happen? - probably not, do I want it to happen - hell yes.

It's such a shame to think of us going down this season when we've got a solid defence in particular and a player in anguissa who I rate quite highly.