watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cavaleiro

Started by Luffy86, February 06, 2021, 07:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Cravenette

Just wanted to point out that with regards to decision making, Cav isn't the only one who you could argue has cost us. One word: panenka.

The players are nervous in front of goal, expected i suppose under the circumstances. They all seem to shoot wide when there is a pass on and pass when they should have shot.  It's what happens when the ball doesn't go in and we can look at the replays over again. 

Let's just support them and prayfor the best!  049:gif

We Are Premier League

A very different take on Cavaleiro...

It may actually be better for him to play for a relegation candidate in he PL (where tracking back and work effort will be very important) than for a promotion candidate in the Championship (where creqting and converting chances it 'all' he has to do)...altough one coudl argue that it is even more important to pur away chances in the PL since we are only going to get very few of them.

I think i was more disapointed about him last season than i have been this season...

perry geyton

Works hard and runs a lot, quick feet but doesn't have the brains for a quick pass and can't  finish

LittleErn

I think Cav contributes a lot to the resilience of the team, but his decision making in the final third is abysmal (and a little selfish) and his striking ability is completely missing at the moment (if it ever existed). However, Mitro is not a better substitute. Mitro slows the game up. He has no pace so doesn't have the time to tee himself up as he had in the Championship, and he is usually dominated by Premier league defenders who he can't outmuscle. He has served us well, but he looks out of his depth. so we can a) persevere with Cav and hope he improves near goal, b) try Mitro and hope that his current form is temporary, or c) pray that Maja is better than both of them. I'd go for the latter.