watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 10/02/21...

Started by WhiteJC, February 10, 2021, 12:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Blackburn Rovers impact from Harvey Elliott tribunal following Liverpool and Fulham disagreement

Liverpool signed Blackburn Rovers loanee Harvey Elliott as a 16-year-old in 2019 but could not agree a fee with Fulham

Liverpool will learn the fee they will have to pay Fulham for Harvey Elliott when a tribunal takes place today.

The Reds signed the teenage ace as a 16-year-old in the summer of 2019 but could not agree a fee with the Cottagers, with the matter now to be settled via a tribunal.

A tribunal is sometimes needed to determine a fee when player who is under 24 has moved between clubs at the end of his contract, and the two sides are unable to agree on compensation - Blackburn Rovers took Bournemouth to a tribunal in 2018 for the services of Connor Mahoney, with the club receiving a £425,000 compensation fee.

Liverpool are reported to have offered around £750,000 for Elliott, while Fulham are seeking over 10x that fee by suggesting the highly-rated talent was valued at £8m.

Teams who sign footballers aged under 24 must pay a compensation fee if they secure the player while he is not on professional terms or once his contract comes to an end.

How much Liverpool will have to pay will be determined by the Professional Football Compensation Committee (PFCC), an ad hoc group of four or five individuals from within the football industry who will review submissions made by clubs and then decide on an appropriate compensation package for the selling club based on a number of criteria.

Elliott became the youngest ever Premier League player while playing for Fulham in 2019 at 16 years and 30 days, of which he still holds the record, before Liverpool fended off interest from Barcelona, Real Madrid and RB Leipzig to secure his services.

From a Rovers perspective, the tribunal will bear no impact on Elliott's time at Ewood Park, where he has been a scintillating success since his arrival in October.

The 17-year-old has registered four goals and eight assists on his debut Championship campaign and Elliott will be in contention for Friday's fixture against local rivals Preston North End, where he will reacquaint himself with Liverpool team-mate and teenage defender Sepp van den Berg.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-elliott-liverpool-tribunal-19798616

WhiteJC

Fulham want landmark tribunal fee for Liverpool starlet Harvey Elliott

Fulham are seeking a landmark fee ahead of Harvey Elliott's transfer tribunal which is set to take place this week.

The England youth international joined Liverpool in the summer of 2019 but the current Premier League champions were unable to agree a transfer fee for the talented midfield playmaker.

Elliott made nine appearances in all competitions last season and is highly regarded by Jurgen Klopp, but is spending the current season on loan at Blackburn Rovers in The Championship.

According to The Athletic, Fulham will hope to receive up to £10million for the 17-year-old citing the pivotal role they feel they played in developing his talent, before losing him to Liverpool.

Fulham are due compensation after he left the west London club at the end of his contract while under the age of 24.

The Cottagers were said to be hugely upset about losing an academy graduate of that calibre at such a formative stage of his career, especially given he had become the youngest player in Fulham's history at the age of 16 years and 30 days.

The last major case involving the Professional Football Compensation Committee involved Ethan Ampadu, while the highest fee awarded by the PFCC remains Danny Ings' move from Burnley to Liverpool, where the Reds were ordered to pay £6.5 million.

Elliott has made 26 appearances in all competitions for Blackburn so far this season and his progress has been carefully monitored by Klopp who is looking forward to welcoming the youngster back into the first team squad next season.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/09/fulham-want-landmark-tribunal-fee-for-liverpool-starlet-harvey-elliott-14046656/?ito=newsnow-feed?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

WhiteJC

Liverpool offer fee over 10 times lower than Fulham demands for Harvey Elliott as landmark tribunal transfer case begins

According to the Athletic (subscription required), with the tribunal to determine a fee for Harvey Elliott to start today, Fulham are seeking £10m from Liverpool for the exciting talent, with the Reds way off so far.

The Athletic report that the Anfield outfit, who signed the Liverpool-supporting attacker in the summer of 2019, are offering below £1m for Elliott, with Sky Sports putting that figure at a shock £750,000.

Elliott became the youngest player to ever feature in the Premier League at the end of the 18/19 season, in which Fulham were relegated. The ace made his first-team debut at just the age of 15 in the EFL Cup.

The Athletic state that Fulham are seeking a landmark fee for the tricky winger, who was first registered by the Cottagers at the age of 11.

Fulham's demands seem to be completely fair considering, with the club believing the attacker had similar potential to Ryan Sessegnon – who was sold to Tottenham for a massive £24m.

Given that the new Brexit transfer rules make Under-18s players even more valuable and that the Reds have sold talents with little first-team experience for big fees in the past, like Rhian Brewster, it's hard not to sympathise with Fulham in this situation.

The Athletic pinpoint that Elliott's case is seen as a landmark one as a low-cost outcome in favour of Liverpool could discourage smaller clubs from investing in their academies, which is a spot on point.

Liverpool's sub £1m offer may have just been an initial one but for the promise that Elliott showed before he left Fulham, it still seems far too low.

Elliott made eight first-team appearances for Jurgen Klopp's side last season, mostly in cup competitions and is furthering his development with Blackburn Rovers this term.

The ace who represented England at Under-15s, 16s and 17s level whilst at Fulham has been phenomenal in the Championship, scoring four goals and contributing a remarkable eight assists.

With the Athletic adding that Elliott has already become the youngest ever player to start a match for the Reds last season, a figure closer to Fulham's demands seems more than fair.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/02/09/liverpool-offer-fee-over-10-times-lower-than-fulham-demands-for-harvey-elliott-as-landmark-tribunal-transfer-case-begins/

WhiteJC

What does the future hold for Adam Armstrong at Blackburn Rovers amid links to West Ham, Everton and Fulham?

Blackburn Rovers forward Adam Armstrong has recently been linked with a move to a number of Premier League teams heading towards the summer transfer window.

The Sun have recently reported that the forward is attracting interest from West Ham United, Everton and Fulham, with all of those potential destinations likely to be a tempting proposition for the former Newcastle United striker.

It won't come as much of a surprise to many of the Ewood Park faithful to see that Armstrong's impressive showings this season haven't gone unnoticed.

The 23-year-old has been with the club since 2018, and has gone on to score 53 goals in 146 appearances for the Lancashire-based team over the years.

He has netted 18 goals and been on hand to provide three assists for his Blackburn Rovers team-mates this season in all competitions, so it's clear to see why he's a player in significant demand.

Armstrong's good run of form in front of goal has seen Blackburn stay in touch with the play-off chasing teams in the Championship. Tony Mowbray's side are currently sat eighth in the second-tier standings, and are six points adrift of sixth-placed AFC Bournemouth heading into their final 19 matches in this year's campaign.

If Rovers weren't to finish in the top-six and miss out on the chance to win a long-awaited promotion back into the top-flight, then it wouldn't come as a surprise to see interest in signing Armstrong heighten heading into the summer transfer window.

West Ham is probably the most tempting offer on the cards at this moment in time, with the Hammers impressing in recent weeks in the Premier League. David Moyes' side are currently sat sixth in the top-flight standings, and could certainly benefit from signing a player of Armstrong's quality to challenge Michael Antonio for his starting spot in future months.

Andriy Yarmolenko is West Ham's current backup option up-front, and the Ukrainian doesn't exactly have the most prolific of records in front of goal, so you can understand why Moyes is looking to add depth to his attacking options.

A move to Goodison Park with Everton seems hard to believe, as the Toffees have recently added Josh King to their squad from AFC Bournemouth, which means that Armstrong is is likely to be considerably far down the pecking order if he signed for Carlo Ancelotti's side.

Whereas Fulham are the team that are probably the most likely to be able to offer him regular game time, although that could depend on which division they're playing their football in next season.

The Cottagers are currently occupying one of the places in the Premier League relegation zone, and there wouldn't be much point in Armstrong pushing for a move to Craven Cottage if they're playing their football in the same division as Blackburn Rovers next season.

Armstrong is out-of-contract in the summer of 2022, so the forward won't be in any rush to move on anytime soon, so it'll be interesting to see whether any of the interested clubs are to match Blackburn Rovers' valuation of their star striker in the summer.

For now though, Armstrong will be focused on the task at hand with Blackburn, as they prepare to take on Lancashire-based rivals Preston North End at Ewood Park on Friday evening.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/what-does-the-future-hold-for-adam-armstrong-at-blackburn-rovers-amid-links-to-west-ham-everton-and-fulham/

WhiteJC

Bristol City reporter provides injury update regarding on loan Fulham man

Bristol City could welcome back on loan Fulham man Steven Sessegnon in the coming weeks, reports Bristol Live's Gregor MacGregor.

The 20-year-old joined Bristol City on a season-long loan from Fulham in the summer. He and Alfie Mawson would bolster the Bristol City defence but both would pick up injuries early on into their stays.

Sessegnon picked up a hamstring injury after just two Championship appearances and has been sidelined since. Now though, MacGregor claims that Sessegnon is set to feature in Bristol City U23s fixture against Charlton Athletic U23 later today.

Bristol City Dean Holden have endured a contested season under Dean Holden. His side sit in 10th-place of the Championship table after 28 games of the season, with six points separating them from Bournemouth in 6th.

Sessegnon will be a welcome addition to the side going into the business end of the season, with Bristol City one of several clubs in the race to snatch a late play-off spot.

Bristol City are next in action against Sheffield United in the FA Cup tomorrow night. They resume Championship duties with a trip to face an out-of-favour Watford side at Vicarage Road, in what is another chance for the Robins to keep the pace on the top-six.

A play-off finish would be a huge success for Holden in his first season in charge. His side have shown signs of positivity but like under Lee Johnson, they remain inconsistent – Holden though will be hoping that Sessegnon's return will give them an extra edge in their bid for a top-six finish.

https://the72.co.uk/220781/bristol-city-reporter-provides-injury-update-regarding-on-loan-fulham-man/

WhiteJC

Celebrating LGBT+ History Month

February marks LGBT+ History Month, which aims to increase the visibility of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, their history, lives and experiences, in the wider community.

To celebrate the month, we spoke to lifelong Fulham supporter Barnaby Ambrose and his partner Chris Gallagher, who is a fan of a team we've got plenty of history with – Derby County.

For a long time, the 1983 fiasco at the Baseball Ground would be most fans' go-to memory of Fulham-Derby encounters, but recent history has of course thrown up some happier occasions, for Barnaby at least!

Reflecting on our 2018 Play-Off Semi-Final win over the Rams, Barnaby recalled: "Chris said that the better side won. I was definitely gracious in victory!

"One of us had to lose, and he wished us luck in the Final. We'll always cheer on each other's team when they're playing, but it's not the same as supporting your own side of course."

The couple were unable to attend the two-legged tie in person as they were away at the time, and they did not even watch the games together, such was the suspense.

"We had separate rooms because we were so nervous," Barnaby recalled. "The tension was immense!"

Chris added: "We have managed to get to a few Fulham-Derby matches over the years, and they certainly are tense. A draw is usually not the worst outcome in these games for us!

"For the Play-Offs we were unfortunately away in Jersey for both legs. We managed to watch them on our iPhones in the hotel, though in separate rooms! Obviously our situation is quite unique so we were interviewed by Radio Derby at the time, asking our thoughts on the game and who we thought would end up disappointed."

As we know, Barnaby ended up with the bragging rights, leading to a day at Wembley that he, and countless others, will never forget.

"I went to the Final on my own as I could only get hold of one ticket," he explained. "I wanted to take Chris but tickets were in massive demand. I was amazed I managed to get myself one.

"Everything about that day was immense. The journey there, the pre-match build-up, the White Wall, the stadium, the sea of flags. It took my breath away and, of course, the lads did the job on the pitch.

"I'd say that game ranks up there with the best, although our rise to the Premier League, the European adventure, the Great Escape, all deserve special mentions in their own right."

Barnaby grew up a literal stone's throw from Craven Cottage, moving across the road midway through what was an eventful season for Malcolm Macdonald's Fulham team.

"We moved to Finlay Street in January 1983, so if memory serves that will be a little time before our infamous game against Derby," he said. "I knew of the history of Fulham and Derby long before I met Chris, as it was always a topic I spoke to my Dad about seeing as we moved to Fulham around that time.

"I first saw us play Derby County on 29th November 2000. We beat them in the League Cup when we were in Division One and they were Premier League. Two years later I was on MSN Chat and started talking to a Derby fan about that game. This person turned out to be Chris, so it was by sheer chance that we started talking. We met the following year for the first time when Derby played Wimbledon at Selhurst Park. You could therefore say Derby brought us together!

"I think it helps having a partner who understands your passion for football. For example, neither of our teams this year are as high up in the table as they could be, so we feel like we are in this together. We also have many Fulham and Derby County friends, so this also helps massively.

"We are very active on Twitter and have made a lot of friends on there. It's great to interact with so many fans, and both Chris and I have benefited a lot over lockdown from this. It's a difficult time for everyone at the moment so having football to watch is a massive release, but we both agree football will never be the same without fans. We miss Craven Cottage and Pride Park, respectively, so much."

The Football versus Homophobia campaign has gathered significant pace in recent years as we aim to make it a sport for everyone.

Thankfully Barnaby has always felt welcome at matches, and he's been pleased to see his heroes embrace the fight.

"I am so proud seeing the Rainbow Laces campaign," he said. "I always feel pride when I see players adopt it.

"Fulham has always been a family club, and I love that. I've always felt safe and part of a family, never been afraid to be who I am. As they say, football is for everyone, so it's great to see LGBT+ History Month getting more prominence in football. I think it's vital, it's an important message that football is for everyone and that everyone should be treated equally.

"Personally, I've never had an issue at Craven Cottage, or any ground I have been to. I know, however, that it's not always like this and there are issues still going on. It makes what we are doing here all the more important. We need to respect everyone."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/february/Celebrating-LGBT-History-Month/

WhiteJC

GW24 Differentials: Alphonse Areola

The Scout says Fulham No 1 offers multiple routes to points for his Double Gameweek 24

The Scout is selecting four overlooked players who could be set for a breakout Gameweek 24 in Fantasy Premier League.
Alphonse Areola (FUL) £4.5m

The Fulham goalkeeper is owned by just 3.4 per cent of FPL managers ahead of his Double Gameweek 24 against Everton and Burnley.

Areola has been Fuham's top performer in Fantasy this season, tallying 77 points.

That equals the tally of Southampton's Alex McCarthy (£4.6m), who is the second most-popular goalkeeper in the game, with an ownership of 17.2 per cent.

Areola has stepped up his output in Fantasy over the last few months.

Four of his five clean sheets this season have come from Gameweek 13 onwards.

He has also earned seven bonus points and seven save points over that run.

Indeed, Areola has returned 4.7 points per match (ppm) across his last 10 appearances, compared with an average of just 2.7 ppm beforehand.

At a cost of just £4.5m, his potential to provide multiple routes to points makes him a strong value option for managers playing their Wildcard or Bench Boost chips.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2021913