watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan on Twitter tonight re Ivan Tony

Started by Maidstone Lee, February 11, 2021, 12:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidstone Lee

Has publicly stating it was him who wanted to sign Ivan Tony but Parker didn't. Why on earth has he undermined him like that, keep that sort of thing private! I really do despair at times, getting fed with this now.  :dft004:
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Tempest

I'm sure Scott was given the option of Toney but what would he have had to give up to get him? Mitro? Zambo? Not sign Areola or Andersen?

Very much half the story I guess.

But agree, things like this shouldn't be in public domain.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Brian McGroom

To be honest I'd be surprised if Tony Khan had heard of Ivan Tony before this season

HillingdonFFC

Does he actually say Parker didn't want him or is it him correcting the Peterborough guy? Personally, unless there's something I haven't read elsewhere, I didn't take that as TK using to undermine Parker

Statto

I cannot be bothered to post links to the Tweets but he hasn't said Parker didn't want Toney. He's just claimed that he, TK, was the one who brought him up as a target. He says we wanted to sign him but couldn't afford it given we needed defenders more badly.

The problem is just that jumping on Twitter to run his mouth about how he wanted Toney last summer just looks like BS and totally unprofessional. Particularly since, even if his claim is true, the reason we couldn't afford him was because TK wasted all our money on Seri, Knockaert et al. So despite being a PL club, we got outbid by Brentford FFS.

The man is an indefensible calamity of unprecedented proportions. The replies to his Tweets are universally slaughtering him.

Deeping_white

He really didn't say this. I'd rather he just kept his mouth shut on Twitter tbh but he replied to MacAnthony saying that he liked Toney but we couldn't afford him due to covid after sorting the defence out, he didn't undermine Parker at any point

hongkongfulham

Yeah, i dont really see the undermining, but a bit senseless to say anything other than to self glorify.

Seems like he was happy with the tribunal and was keen to wag his tail a wee bit

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Statto on February 11, 2021, 12:32:23 AM
I cannot be bothered to post links to the Tweets but he hasn't said Parker didn't want Toney. He's just claimed that he, TK, was the one who brought him up as a target. He says we wanted to sign him but couldn't afford it given we needed defenders more badly.

The problem is just that jumping on Twitter to run his mouth about how he wanted Toney last summer just looks like BS and totally unprofessional. Particularly since, even if his claim is true, the reason we couldn't afford him was because TK wasted all our money on Seri, Knockaert et al. So despite being a PL club, we got outbid by Brentford FFS.

The man is an indefensible calamity of unprecedented proportions. The replies to his Tweets are universally slaughtering him.
Have gone back and re-read his tweets and actually think you're right re not undermining but think it was a silly move to publicise.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Matt10

He shouldn't have said anything. His attempt to clarify, no matter true or not, will never be welcomed unfortunately. If we were comfortable in the table, things may be a bit different, but they aren't.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is all about. In terms of context, receiving actual information directly from our DOF is interesting.

The Rational Fan

Scott Parker came out to the media and said he needs a striker, no one thinks he is going behind Tony Khan's back, but I'm sure he didn't get permission. Tony Khan says he wanted a striker in the summer, and everyone thinks he is undermining Scott Parker by talking to the media.

A COMPLETE DOUBLE STANDARD, that is likely to result in Tony Khan disliking the fans that are criticizing him and him losing interest. If those fans determined to sack Tony Khan succeed, then I suspect investment will dry up. And, Tony Khan will spend his inheritance on boats, planes, and wrestling rather than on football players for FFC fans.

Let me remind you that Tony's Khan inheritance can afford to buy 160 players at Seri's price and 600 players around Harrison Reeds price range, that is an incredible amount of money that long-term guarantees success provide he still loves the club. We must make sure he spends his inheritance on Fulham Players, spending it wisely in players is a bonus but wisdom is not essential.

RaySmith

Quote from: Matt10 on February 11, 2021, 12:49:37 AM
He shouldn't have said anything. His attempt to clarify, no matter true or not, will never be welcomed unfortunately. If we were comfortable in the table, things may be a bit different, but they aren't.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is all about. In terms of context, receiving actual information directly from our DOF is interesting.

A more measured view from Matt.

Appears that everything TK says is turned against him.

I have no reason to be  fan of TK, except his family have obviously put  lot of money into Fulham, though I
don't doubt  he has done some things wrong, as well as good things,  as Fulham's nepotistic appointment as DoF, but I don't like to see people  unfairly abused or ganged up on.

The  bloke can't win. it seems.

colinwhite

I am glad that the Khans own our club and i believe them to be decent people. Tony is perhaps not the best qualified man for the job but no-one knows how he is working with this and who is helping him. We diid some very shrewd business in the summer and although we are lacking quality in forward positions that is preferable to last time around when we had  a glut of luxury players with flair who couldnt defend. Its not perfect  but progress has been made.
Khan and Parker seem to be able to work together which is crucial if we are to get some sort of stability at the club.  All the slating of TK is not really relevant in my view ,and is in many other instances people want their cake and eat it. If Tony were to go at the cost of the Khans selling the club then long may he flourish as TD !!

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Brian McGroom on February 11, 2021, 12:23:33 AM
To be honest I'd be surprised if Tony Khan had heard of Ivan Tony before this season

We've been linked with his team mate Siriki Dembele for months, so I expect he has. Just a shame he had to spend that money on Knockaert, that deal was terrible.

Riversider

Am I the only Fulham supporter that doesn't rate Ivan Toney ?
I just don't get it, you could see the class of Ollie Watkins but I just don't see it with Toney,  I will confidently predict here and now that he will flop in The Premier league if they go up.

junior white

I have just read TK's tweets i cant see where he said the manager didnt want him, he said that he (TK) was the one that bought him up at meetings not our general manager (who is that? AM?) or the manager. Darragh McAntony said that our manager was keen on him.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 11, 2021, 12:55:01 AM
Scott Parker came out to the media and said he needs a striker, no one thinks he is going behind Tony Khan's back, but I'm sure he didn't get permission. Tony Khan says he wanted a striker in the summer, and everyone thinks he is undermining Scott Parker by talking to the media.

A COMPLETE DOUBLE STANDARD, that is likely to result in Tony Khan disliking the fans that are criticizing him and him losing interest. If those fans determined to sack Tony Khan succeed, then I suspect investment will dry up. And, Tony Khan will spend his inheritance on boats, planes, and wrestling rather than on football players for FFC fans.

Let me remind you that Tony's Khan inheritance can afford to buy 160 players at Seri's price and 600 players around Harrison Reeds price range, that is an incredible amount of money that long-term guarantees success provide he still loves the club. We must make sure he spends his inheritance on Fulham Players, spending it wisely in players is a bonus but wisdom is not essential.

But with FFP most of this become irrelevant. I find it hilarious that TK's fans keep mentioning his daddy's wealth as the main reason he should stay on as DoF. The truth is we can't really benefit from the Khans' extreme wealth. The club needs to be sustainable within the limits of FFP. We can NEVER spend as much as the top clubs, no matter how rich TK's dad is. 160 Seris or 600 Reeds? LOL, you need to come back down to earth. We will never be able to spend even a FRACTION of that. In fact, we are still stuggling financially after TK's failed signing of ONE Seri.

I'd much rather have a moderately rich owner and a proper DoF than the Khans and an incompetent DoF. If daddy won't provide the funds for a real DoF he's a poor owner and we're better off without him IMO.

The Riverside stand is a bonus with the Khans of course but it's a bit of a luxury for a "yo-yo" club, which seems to be the level of ambition from the Khans.

Like others have posted, TK is now in a postions where he can't win. Everything he says or does will be criticized. Unfair? Maybe, but he has put himself in that position and this alone makes him unsuitable for the job IMO. Add his lack of qualifications and I find it EXTREMELY hard to understand how Fulham fans can still support him.

Whitestone

Quote from: Riversider on February 11, 2021, 07:28:41 AM
Am I the only Fulham supporter that doesn't rate Ivan Toney ?
I just don't get it, you could see the class of Ollie Watkins but I just don't see it with Toney,  I will confidently predict here and now that he will flop in The Premier league if they go up.

I think you could be. He's scored 23 goals in 28 matches. I'm not certain he will make it in the Prem but then again I wasn't sure Watkins would. Sometimes you have to take a gamble, particularly with strikers who are worth their weight in gold. That's exactly what the club have done with Maja.

grandad

I feel sorry for TK. He gets slated for not making any comments & slated when he does. He knows more about the inner workings of recruitment than us mere mortals. Give him a break or stump up the cash to buy the Khans out & try & do a better job. From what I read on here the Club would not last long.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFC1987

Quote from: grandad on February 11, 2021, 08:49:43 AM
I feel sorry for TK. He gets slated for not making any comments & slated when he does. He knows more about the inner workings of recruitment than us mere mortals. Give him a break or stump up the cash to buy the Khans out & try & do a better job. From what I read on here the Club would not last long.

I mean, he gets criticism for saying stupid stuff and criticised for nit commenting on things that seem really important. I'm not completely anti TK but I'm not going to pretend he's beyond criticism particularly when he invites it on himself.

I Ronic

As long as TK can persuade the  likes of Areola  to come to Fulham then he can say what he likes on twitter for all I care.