https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan on Twitter tonight re Ivan Tony

Started by Maidstone Lee, February 11, 2021, 12:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

Quote from: RaySmith on February 11, 2021, 03:27:24 AM
Quote from: Matt10 on February 11, 2021, 12:49:37 AM
He shouldn't have said anything. His attempt to clarify, no matter true or not, will never be welcomed unfortunately. If we were comfortable in the table, things may be a bit different, but they aren't.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is all about. In terms of context, receiving actual information directly from our DOF is interesting.

A more measured view from Matt.

Appears that everything TK says is turned against him.

I have no reason to be  fan of TK, except his family have obviously put  lot of money into Fulham, though I
don't doubt  he has done some things wrong, as well as good things,  as Fulham's nepotistic appointment as DoF, but I don't like to see people  unfairly abused or ganged up on.

The  bloke can't win. it seems.
+ 1

FFC1987

It's a real shame we couldn't find a way to justify him and were outbid by a team in the division below.....That's a sad indictment to the way our finances have been run if that's the case. That said, I watched Reading Brentford extended highlights and I must say, I'd love the Reading striker Lucas João. I mentioned him before and whilst his track record prolific, he looks the genuine deal. Fast, strong, can finish, takes penalties and links the play really well. 

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: grandad on February 11, 2021, 08:49:43 AM
I feel sorry for TK. He gets slated for not making any comments & slated when he does. He knows more about the inner workings of recruitment than us mere mortals. Give him a break or stump up the cash to buy the Khans out & try & do a better job. From what I read on here the Club would not last long.

This comment says nothing about the question in hand, only blind loyalty!

Baszab

Great discussion - you can identify the Khan PR team in action so easily

The Old Count

Quote from: Baszab on February 11, 2021, 10:31:58 AM
And the irrational Khan haters. Who, it seems, are the same vociferous mob that determined the last owner to call it a day.

Slaphead in Qatar

No guarantee Toney would have done well in premier league - just look at Mitro this season

Logicalman

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 11, 2021, 10:45:14 AM
No guarantee Toney would have done well in premier league - just look at Mitro this season

A very genuine point, sir.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Dr Quinzel

He's a walking contradiction of a man, who hurts us every time he tweets or opens his mouth.

You can't continually blame FFP, when it is his use of the funds and that expenditure that puts us where we are with FFP.

It worries me, it really does.

HV71

I'm really trying not to be patronising- but I actually do  feel a bit sorry for the guy. He comes over as extremely insecure and not at all comfortable in his own skin. I'm sure he works hard to try to be a success and is anxious to prove that he is a capable professional but the cloak of his Father' s undoubted success weighs heavy on his shoulders. The only way he can really prove to himself that he can rise to the top without his Dad is to go it alone - but that isnt going to happen .
I would love a " stand alone " DOF with Tony being happy with another role on the Board - but the "  ego has landed " and I doubt will ever  take off to do something else full time . Great owners - flawed management structure- very Fulhamish

Baszab

Quote from: The Old Count on February 11, 2021, 10:36:37 AM
And the irrational Khan haters. Who, it seems, are the same vociferous mob that determined the last owner to call it a day.

But that's not the point  - this is a forum for fans to vent their opinion/frustrations

Not to counter the owner's son's PR team

Sting of the North

Quote from: Baszab on February 11, 2021, 11:34:07 AM

But that's not the point  - this is a forum for fans to vent their opinion/frustrations

But if it is an opinion that you do not like, then it is fine for you to label the posters of said opinions as for example "the owner's son's PR team"? Who decide what fans are allowed to post their opinions then, since you seem to be of the opinion that not all should do it?

Statto

"Khan haters"... aka 99% of Fulham fans if you venture beyond this forum. No idea where the reference to MAF comes from.

The Khans' ownership hasn't been wholly bad and they're not the second coming of Ernie Clay. But to defend TK' Twitter antics is nothing short of absurd. In this case he has intervened purely to clarify that it was him, not SP, who wanted to do a deal which, with hindsight, would have been great for us. Sorry but that is just a bloody stupid thing to do. No it's not the end of the world but it certainly isn't helpful or professional. The man is in the very least a tool. Get out of your three-person echo chamber and admit that at least FFS.

Baszab

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 11, 2021, 11:40:18 AM

But if it is an opinion that you do not like, then it is fine for you to label the posters of said opinions as for example "the owner's son's PR team"? Who decide what fans are allowed to post their opinions then, since you seem to be of the opinion that not all should do it?

I was simply making the point that, of course,  all posters' views are acceptable - I don't mind an argument !
But some posters - to me - appear to part of a professional PR team in rebuffing any criticism of the Khans whatsoever with "rational thought"

I object to that - it's devious and quite honestly, pathetic

Gloria Hunter

Quote from: Statto on February 11, 2021, 12:21:39 PM

"Khan haters"... aka 99% of Fulham fans if you venture beyond this forum. No idea where the reference to MAF comes from.

The Khans' ownership hasn't been wholly bad and they're not the second coming of Ernie Clay. But to defend TK' Twitter antics is nothing short of absurd. In this case he has intervened purely to clarify that it was him, not SP, who wanted to do a deal which, with hindsight, would have been great for us. Sorry but that is just a bloody stupid thing to do. No it's not the end of the world but it certainly isn't helpful or professional. The man is in the very least a tool. Get out of your three-person echo chamber and admit that at least FFS.
Source?

filham

Anything that suggests that Parker may be having the final say in who we sign and don't sign is good news to me. There was a time when we were lead to believe that all of these matters were decided by TK and his assistant's Stats and Algorithms.

Matt10

Quote from: Logicalman on February 11, 2021, 11:03:09 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 11, 2021, 10:45:14 AM

A very genuine point, sir.

Agree with this as well. Also, I understand the Ivan Toney discussion is about our Summer window, not after the fact that Mitro had been out of form heading into the Winter window.

Contextually speaking, during the course of the summer window, Mitro had scored 3 total goals. Everyone was screaming for defenders. We got them, and did a good bit of business. Our system was still the 4-2-3-1, despite Parker trying the 3-4-3, and failing, against Villa (0-3).

I'm not really sure Toney would have joined us, knowing that he wouldn't be starting behind the championship's leading scorer. Regardless, it's good information to know that our recruiting team, which includes our DOF, had eyes on the potential signing.

FFC1987

This thread is another sad indictment that a lot of people can't seem balanced at all. We've seen any criticism bracketed as 'Khan haters' and any praise as 'Khans PR team' when the reality is far more nuanced and balanced. If you can't honestly find good things, and bad things in TK's tenure, then I'm sorry but in my humble opinion, you lack the ability to think critically as there are ample examples of both that aren't 'subjective' Admittedly there are some subjective opinions ie what to read from a tweet, but transfers, managerial changes, relegations, promotions, a sorry state of FFP, being able to bring genuine quality to the club etc etc. We really need to get past this nonsense that its all good, or all bad as it makes for a boring read.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Gloria Hunter on February 11, 2021, 12:38:29 PM
Quote from: Statto on February 11, 2021, 12:21:39 PM

Source?

I always chuckle when people say 'source' on this board. People are chatting. No-one is handing in their Doctorate here FFS.

OP has exaggerated, clearly. That said, visit other FFC fan forums, social medias or even just ones you know and there is a huge groundswell of fans who think he's a wally.

ALG01

I do not do twitter so have no idea what was or was noit said.  TK should really not air such matters in public like this.

however, I do do comments on TK and he is our DoF and we need to judge him on results. We needed a proper defence and we got that so well done.
We also needed a forward line just as much and did not get that and actually seemed to make precious ;little effort to get one either, so negatoive for that.

TK's job can only be judged on results and after all this time I am less than impressed as many on the MB know. He is very good at PR and his questionable video clips telling us how brilliant he is from a friendly interviewer are not inspiring.

I will return to a favourite theme for which the few that still excuse him seem to dislike.  If he was anyone else other than his father's son he would not have got an interview for the job, let alone been appointed. If he was anyone else other than his father's son, he would have been removed from office years ago.
I am happy his father wnants him invpolved, i ma happy he wants to be involved, but not with such up fromnt and personal team matters. He is out of his depth.

With the money spent by the owner we should be comfortably  sitting mid table to top third after our promotion in 2018. This is such a strange and dispiriting situation. In all the 60 years I have supported up until MAF we struggeld because we had no money. With MAF we had it and reached a european final. We still have it but are struggling to get a proper squad together. Because if we go down, this one will surely break up.

ALG01

Quote from: Baszab on February 11, 2021, 12:36:00 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on February 11, 2021, 11:40:18 AM

I was simply making the point that, of course,  all posters' views are acceptable - I don't mind an argument !
But some posters - to me - appear to part of a professional PR team in rebuffing any criticism of the Khans whatsoever with "rational thought"

I object to that - it's devious and quite honestly, pathetic

I am glad you said that and not me.