watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan on Twitter tonight re Ivan Tony

Started by Maidstone Lee, February 11, 2021, 12:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookieg

If he replies to a question he gets grief, if he chose not to reply he would get grief. The bloke can't do anything without someone having a go at him. He isn't perfect, who is, but I do think that some fans go out of their way to criticize TK and the club for a "told you so" moment 

Craven Mad

I really think that Tony should step away from Twitter. It does the club no favours having him making these sorts of public statements, so why is he bothering?

For all of his failures, I did used to quite like Ali Mac's comms with the fans via YouTube videos. I think TK should follow that style, and be a bit more professional.

FulhamStu

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 11, 2021, 01:07:03 PM
This thread is another sad indictment that a lot of people can't seem balanced at all. We've seen any criticism bracketed as 'Khan haters' and any praise as 'Khans PR team' when the reality is far more nuanced and balanced. If you can't honestly find good things, and bad things in TK's tenure, then I'm sorry but in my humble opinion, you lack the ability to think critically as there are ample examples of both that aren't 'subjective' Admittedly there are some subjective opinions ie what to read from a tweet, but transfers, managerial changes, relegations, promotions, a sorry state of FFP, being able to bring genuine quality to the club etc etc. We really need to get past this nonsense that its all good, or all bad as it makes for a boring read.

This posts sums things up perfectly for me.  I honestly don't understand why some people have such a massive problem with Tony Khan, I have criticised him, mainly for not giving Fulham 100% and not being around the club enough.  If he was 100% on the job he would move to London etc etc.  Yes he has made bad signings but also very good ones.  I wonder with some fans who are quite high profile and really slate him, what they know that we don't.  I suspect TK has done something behind the scenes that they can't forgive but without knowing what that is all I can do is judge on his successes and failures.  Twitter can be quite vile at times and people's use of language discusting, I can swear with the best of them but do so in context and never i hope in a horrid way.  This hiding behind a keyboard whilst being very brave is quite frankly pathetic.   

Personally I like to hear from Tony, but his words are turned against him and often totally miss represented.  He is clarifying that he had identified Toney but had other prioritise.  I agree with this.  To then throw in that Knockaert was a waste of money is easy now, but you really don't know for certain how much he cost and his previous reputation was outstanding and he was part of a promotion winning team.  I find a comment earlier in this thread suggesting that the Khans building of the Riverside Stand is not really important as we will not fill it in the Championship amazing and totally wrong.  Anyway we all have our opinions, I do wonder however as said above whether some fans with such distain for TK have had some very bad experience that they do not reveal ??   One last comment that I have made before, I watched Toney at Shrewsbury when he was on loan from Newcastle..he made very little impression and whilst not crap he was miles off being a Prem player.  £10M for him was a risk but Brentford had big money from Watkins and Benrama so could happily sign him.  We needed to find money and big wages for defenders and we prioritised that.  Would Toney have made a big impact in the Prem for Fulham ?  Maybe, maybe not, I would suggest unlikely.

b+w geezer

Quote from: Craven Mad on February 11, 2021, 01:47:13 PM
I did used to quite like Ali Mac's comm s with the fans via YouTube videos. I think TK should follow that style and be a bit more professional.
As occurred with his informative post-window interview on the club website recently. That is indeed how to do it.

Agreed also that in between such occasions, reticence may require some biting of the lip, but it suits the nature of the role better.

Gloria Hunter

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on February 11, 2021, 01:09:40 PM
Quote from: Gloria Hunter on February 11, 2021, 12:38:29 PM
Quote from: Statto on February 11, 2021, 12:21:39 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on February 11, 2021, 10:36:37 AM
Quote from: Baszab on February 11, 2021, 10:31:58 AM
Great discussion - you can identify the Khan PR team in action so easily
And the irrational Khan haters. Who, it seems, are the same vociferous mob that determined the last owner to call it a day.

"Khan haters"... aka 99% of Fulham fans if you venture beyond this forum. No idea where the reference to MAF comes from.

The Khans' ownership hasn't been wholly bad and they're not the second coming of Ernie Clay. But to defend TK' Twitter antics is nothing short of absurd. In this case he has intervened purely to clarify that it was him, not SP, who wanted to do a deal which, with hindsight, would have been great for us. Sorry but that is just a bloody stupid thing to do. No it's not the end of the world but it certainly isn't helpful or professional. The man is in the very least a tool. Get out of your three-person echo chamber and admit that at least FFS.
Source?

I always chuckle when people say 'source' on this board. People are chatting. No-one is handing in their Doctorate here FFS.

OP has exaggerated, clearly. That said, visit other FFC fan forums, social medias or even just ones you know and there is a huge groundswell of fans who think he's a wally.
My 'source' was a tongue firmly in cheek response to a poster who has a track record of strongly denying the views and comments of others unless they are proven to his/her satisfaction!

Dr Quinzel

We may well be laughing together than Gloria - it seems on here you often can't express something unless you have a ream of spreadsheets and a quote from a peer reviewed paper to back it up.

JoelH5

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on February 11, 2021, 12:08:47 AM
Has publicly stating it was him who wanted to sign Ivan Tony but Parker didn't. Why on earth has he undermined him like that, keep that sort of thing private! I really do despair at times, getting fed with this now.  :dft004:

I dont like him but that isnt what he said at all. You've completely changed it. He didn't say Scott didn't want him, he said they couldn't because of FFP
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 11, 2021, 03:42:02 PM
Quote from: Maidstone Lee on February 11, 2021, 12:08:47 AM
Has publicly stating it was him who wanted to sign Ivan Tony but Parker didn't. Why on earth has he undermined him like that, keep that sort of thing private! I really do despair at times, getting fed with this now.  :dft004:

I dont like him but that isnt what he said at all. You've completely changed it. He didn't say Scott didn't want him, he said they couldn't because of FFP

True and fair. It was just odd - was he either looking to take credit it for it, because of ego. Or was he looking to note it, so that people can't claim that Scott wasn't listened to? Either way, it all felt unnecessary and only got worse and worse and his kept tweeting, replying and digging himself a hole. It just comes across so unprofessional.

Statto

And the irrational Khan haters. Who, it seems, are the same vociferous mob that determined the last owner to call it a day.

"Khan haters"... aka 99% of Fulham fans if you venture beyond this forum. No idea where the reference to MAF comes from.

The Khans' ownership hasn't been wholly bad and they're not the second coming of Ernie Clay. But to defend TK' Twitter antics is nothing short of absurd. In this case he has intervened purely to clarify that it was him, not SP, who wanted to do a deal which, with hindsight, would have been great for us. Sorry but that is just a bloody stupid thing to do. No it's not the end of the world but it certainly isn't helpful or professional. The man is in the very least a tool. Get out of your three-person echo chamber and admit that at least FFS.
Source?

Read the replies to the Tweet and tell me what proportion of them are supporting/defending/thanking Tony Khan here...

?s=20

Gloria Hunter

Quote from: Statto on February 11, 2021, 05:00:28 PM

Source?

Read the replies to the Tweet and tell me what proportion of them are supporting/defending/thanking Tony Khan here...

?s=20
Bingo!  064.gif

cmg

I really think that Tony should step away from Twitter. It does the club no favours having him making these sorts of public statements, so why is he bothering?

Well it does have the great advantage of enabling people to comment ad nauseam about things he hasn't actually said.
However I rather agree with you that he should stop, as that would mean we could return to complaining in general about the Club's lack of communication.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Baszab on February 11, 2021, 12:36:00 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on February 11, 2021, 11:40:18 AM
Quote from: Baszab on February 11, 2021, 11:34:07 AM

But that's not the point  - this is a forum for fans to vent their opinion/frustrations

Not to counter the owner's son's PR team

But if it is an opinion that you do not like, then it is fine for you to label the posters of said opinions as for example "the owner's son's PR team"? Who decide what fans are allowed to post their opinions then, since you seem to be of the opinion that not all should do it?

I was simply making the point that, of course,  all posters' views are acceptable - I don't mind an argument !
But some posters - to me - appear to part of a professional PR team in rebuffing any criticism of the Khans whatsoever with "rational thought"

I object to that - it's devious and quite honestly, pathetic

Why on earth would TK, although coming of as a bit insecure, give a rats about what some anonymous people are writing an a semi-public forum, to the point that he has to sneak in some positive PR for himself on said forum?

But, on the off chance that you are actually being serious, to me your post then seems to be written by someone that simply  has a very hard time accepting that different people have different opinions on subjective topics on an Internet forum. Because otherwise, wouldn't it be better to try to argue your point instead of trying to ridicule those that don't share your opinions, since you allegedly don't mind an argument? Instead of objecting to their opinions and calling them pathetic.

But then again, maybe TK paid me to write this, who knows?

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 11, 2021, 01:07:03 PM
This thread is another sad indictment that a lot of people can't seem balanced at all. We've seen any criticism bracketed as 'Khan haters' and any praise as 'Khans PR team' when the reality is far more nuanced and balanced. If you can't honestly find good things, and bad things in TK's tenure, then I'm sorry but in my humble opinion, you lack the ability to think critically as there are ample examples of both that aren't 'subjective' Admittedly there are some subjective opinions ie what to read from a tweet, but transfers, managerial changes, relegations, promotions, a sorry state of FFP, being able to bring genuine quality to the club etc etc. We really need to get past this nonsense that its all good, or all bad as it makes for a boring read.

:plus one:

Slaphead in Qatar

I just looked at his Twitter posts - most of them are about wrestling - very few about Fulham - that's not good

Craven Mad

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 11, 2021, 06:46:34 PM

But then again, maybe TK paid me to write this, who knows?

If you are getting paid, can you please let TK know that I am also open to writing favourable posts in return for cash?

Statto

Quote from: Gloria Hunter on February 11, 2021, 05:57:52 PM
Bingo!  064.gif

I apologise, in equal measure, for asking others to be able to rationalise and evidence their comments, and for being able to rationalise and evidence my own.
I also accept your apology for questioning me, and look forward with relish to your 20th post. May it be as insightful and profound as the other 19.

082.gif

ALG01

Quote from: b+w geezer on February 11, 2021, 02:14:15 PM
I did used to quite like Ali Mac's comm s with the fans via YouTube videos. I think TK should follow that style and be a bit more professional.
As occurred with his informative post-window interview on the club website recently. That is indeed how to do it.

Agreed also that in between such occasions, reticence may require some biting of the lip, but it suits the nature of the role better.

My problem with those videos is that the interviewer does not probe anywhere near hard enough and it is an opportuniuty for tony to tell us why he failed (or succeded if that is what you think he did).

Twig

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 11, 2021, 06:55:52 PM
I just looked at his Twitter posts - most of them are about wrestling - very few about Fulham - that's not good

Oh I don't know. I'd prefer all his tweets were about something as inconsequential as wresting. Sadly his relatively few FFC tweets are too often inflammatory, banal or contentious. 

Fulham Tup North

I do find it very odd when people slag off TK for "signing the waste of money Seri".... when Fulham announced we had captured his signature so many people were jealous beyond imagination.... We all know it never worked out for Seri, but I very much doubt that this was the opinion when we signed him...  The magic of hindsight eh!!! 😉⚽️⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

General

Quote from: Matt10 on February 11, 2021, 12:49:37 AM
He shouldn't have said anything. His attempt to clarify, no matter true or not, will never be welcomed unfortunately. If we were comfortable in the table, things may be a bit different, but they aren't.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is all about. In terms of context, receiving actual information directly from our DOF is interesting.

The only thing it can attempt to do is self serve Tony and be used as an excuse that he wanted a player that has since gone on to do very well for Brentford. Fact of the matter is its even more useless in light of where we are in the league and how much we clearly needed a striker. Shameful management by TK who is clearly out of his depth when it comes to us as a club and how to run us. He openly stated also areola is our biggest ever wage earner or close to it.. he took that decision and was responsible for the finances. I love having areola here but building a proper balanced squad within budget is exactly what his job entails, something he has never succeeded at at premiership level. It's just 1 mistake after the other. And what's more it now looks like Brentford will come up this season which goes to follow a trend of clubs who have come up before or after us who have simply outperformed our club on and off the pitch. But this isn't a new conversation.. I feel like I've been on this hamster wheel talking about the same issues over and over again - the definition of stupidity and madness. Key culprit is clearly Tony Khan and I despair as so many fans simply seem content with now being a yoyo club or staying in the championship and being an average club which I just don't get. One day either the fan base will shrink or they'll start to get annoyed and about bloody time too.