watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan on Twitter tonight re Ivan Tony

Started by Maidstone Lee, February 11, 2021, 12:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're misinformed."   Thus said Mark Twain or maybe he didn't ...

I have given up avoiding this thread and just wanted to say the essence of a good working relationship is that it achieves what it wants (or sets out) to achieve.   Looking back at Fulham FC in the post MAF era we can look at promotions as, hopefully, times that were good (or alternatively were they accidents?).  Likewise we can look at relegations and lower league mediocrity as things that were bad (or alternatively were they deliberate and reckless acts?).   Only proper participants in both good and bad working relationships can really comprehend this difference. 

Generally speaking if there is a common element in both the good and the bad times then the problem could be narrowed down by extrapolation and reasoning (i.e. it takes two or more people working in a good/bad relationship to make good/bad things happen and the same person can be present in both). 

Berserker

I sometimes think people forget that we have had Covid19 in the UK for a year and a closed stadium. That definitely will affect FFP. Alot of clubs at the end of the day will be in dire straights by the end of this. Will hopefully will not because we have a good owner. The pandemic I'm sure affected our ability to get players in, ok we have made dodgy choices but we have dorted out defence. Mitro has been off form, and this has been going on since the end of last season, where we weren't plsyong brillisntly and in my opinion were lucky to get promoted to the Prem.
We do need another striker but we all know getting a good one is very difficult, expensive, especially during a pandemic.
I think Tony Khans tweets are ill timed and he says things that wind people up, but even though I like Parker I still feel his inexperience shows.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Matt10

Quote from: Statto on February 13, 2021, 01:41:09 AM
Quote from: Matt10 on February 13, 2021, 12:00:30 AM
Quote from: Maidstone Lee on February 12, 2021, 11:19:53 PM
?s=21

---------------------------------------------------------------

Angry Scott Parker on collision course with Fulham co-owner Tony Khan after transfer claim

The Fulham boss is unhappy with the outspoken co-owner's latest public declarations, regarding potential interest in striker Ivan Toney last summer

Fulham manager Scott Parker is on collision course with co-owner Tony Khan after more social media declarations from the Cottagers chief.

Parker admitted in September his disappointment with Khan, after he had apologised to supporters for the side's performance against Aston Villa.

But he has again been left frustrated with the 38-year-old, after further social media statements which have again undermined Parker.

Khan took to Twitter earlier this week to publicly reveal details of a failed bid last summer for Ivan Toney.

Toney moved from Peterborough to Brentford in a fee worth a potential £10million, and has enjoyed a magnificent campaign in the Championship thus far, scoring 23 goals for the Bees.

Khan divulged on Wednesday that Fulham had been unable to afford Toney - despite returning to the Premier League.

That came after Posh owner Darragh MacAnthony had replied to a tweet stating that Parker had been keen on taking Toney from London Road before his move.

But in a move that could easily be interpreted as egotistical, Khan rejected that assertion, rubbishing suggestions of input from Parker and taking sole credit for anyinterest in the striker.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/scott-parker-fulham-transfers-khan-23492936

These two sources of information are as out of context as they come. This is literally the dilemma that we are faced with in the world of news. Which one to believe? The one that is pitting Parker against Khan, or the one that is posting quotes from Parker directly?

It may not sound like a big deal, but this thread is pretty much proof that how the information is delivered seems to be more important than the information itself.

Again, I don't see a problem with Khan giving information, just like I don't see a problem with Parker being diplomatic.

You want answers? Go with Tony Khan.

You want some answers that are down to interpretation and grace? Go with Scott Parker.

Come on. The article is fundamentally consistent with the quotes. If you can't infer unhappiness and frustration from the quotes Rutzler has tweeted, you've got a serious communication problem. Maybe it's a British cultural thing, but if you're asked what you think of someone's actions, and you reply by saying you'd like their conduct to be "world class" and "make the fans proud", it means that on this occasion you don't think the person's actions were "world class" and something the fans would be proud of. SP also explicitly says TK's tweets are "not helpful", which is also what he said last time around.

People talk about balance but you really do have to squint hard with both eyes and bend your mind backwards to defend or downplay TK's conduct here.

You seriously need to stop with these lazy comparisons of British vs American culture as a means to dig at me. It's annoying, boring and pathetic, Statto. I was born overseas, raised overseas by both British culture missionaries and American based missionaries. I'm also part of a UK based Fulham Fan site that some members who also agree the mirror is winding us up.

If you can't understand that we live in a world where the news and social media build up our perceptions, then I'm not sure what to tell you. It's clear as day the two sources of information conflict in both tone and context of arrangement. I like Peter's articles and follow his tweets because he provides balance and good content. The other source doesn't help anyone, and builds a narrative right away. One of those where you can just read the title and can see mob mentality of hate take place.

In the end, you choose what you want to be in this world. If you're happy with slating someone, that's your choice. I'm not a TK defender or hater. I'm a defender of logic and trying to see things in other ways. People who act like they can do better, know better, just show that they're great in thinking out of context - and after the situations have already played out. It's like having the Sports Almanac in Back to Future - sorry if that's too American for you.

Statto

Quote from: Matt10 on February 13, 2021, 03:33:35 PM
It's clear as day the two sources of information conflict in both tone and context of arrangement.

The Mirror article now includes quotes from Parker calling TK's tweets "frustrating" and "not helpful".

As far as I can tell, the only thing the journo has added concerning SP's reaction is saying he's "unhappy".

I'm sure you're prepared to explain to me why "frustrated" doesn't mean the same as "unhappy" in your world but I suggest you don't bother. I'm not going to be persuaded that there's a material difference between those terms in this context. So let's leave it there.

Logicalman

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on February 13, 2021, 03:58:34 PM
Quote from: Sammyffc on February 13, 2021, 07:39:21 AM
i think we can all agree this forum isn't what is used to be. It is just full of bickering back and fourth. Labelling people who like khan as blindly loyal or part of his PR team is hilarious, and also insulting those who hate him is just as bad. Its so boring now.

In regards to Ivan, from friends who know him personally he is a grade A ............. and is extremely arrogant, Ever since he made his way to Newcastle. His attitude is the complete opposite of Callum Robinson, who is supposed to be a really nice down to earth guy.

In regards to Tony. You either want people in the club to speak out or you don't. I am sick of it. For years and years i've seen people moaning and moaning they hear nothing from the club, and complain they have to go through the fulham supporters club to get information like they are at school. ( major credit to the fulham supporters club though)  then when the DOF actually does say something the same people just harp on constantly and insult the man. Grow up and get a life.

In regards to Scott saying he wants this to be an elite football club etc etc and clashing with Tony. Is he taking the mick ? he is absolutely DREADFUL as a manager. We are absolutely shocking. He was blessed to have an unreal team to take us back up and he is trying to sit there and portray himself as this good figure ? we are absolutely TERRIBLE and are nailed on to go down. He should just be keeping his mouth shut and focusing on actually being good.
I've been on this forum 6 or so years now and it's never been anything other than bickering back and forth for the most part.

Not a totally inaccurate observation though we do try to cut arguments between members, especially personal ones, off asap, but the mods cannot cover 24x7x365 and some posts do get missed.

We do ask that posts & responses are kept on point, without resorting to personal insults or insinuations regarding other members abilities/intelligence on matters, and will be looking to both remove such posts in their entirety and issue warnings to the members posting. It's a very fine line between doing the right thing and overstepping the mark unfortunately, but that's the way it goes. That also applies to where other groups are mentioned and disparaged, even by analogy, in responses that have nothing to do with the point of the thread.

Please do not respond directly to this matter and keep the rest of the posts on topic.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

FFC1987

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on February 13, 2021, 03:58:34 PM
i think we can all agree this forum isn't what is used to be. It is just full of bickering back and fourth. Labelling people who like khan as blindly loyal or part of his PR team is hilarious, and also insulting those who hate him is just as bad. Its so boring now.

In regards to Ivan, from friends who know him personally he is a grade A ............. and is extremely arrogant, Ever since he made his way to Newcastle. His attitude is the complete opposite of Callum Robinson, who is supposed to be a really nice down to earth guy.

In regards to Tony. You either want people in the club to speak out or you don't. I am sick of it. For years and years i've seen people moaning and moaning they hear nothing from the club, and complain they have to go through the fulham supporters club to get information like they are at school. ( major credit to the fulham supporters club though)  then when the DOF actually does say something the same people just harp on constantly and insult the man. Grow up and get a life.

In regards to Scott saying he wants this to be an elite football club etc etc and clashing with Tony. Is he taking the mick ? he is absolutely DREADFUL as a manager. We are absolutely shocking. He was blessed to have an unreal team to take us back up and he is trying to sit there and portray himself as this good figure ? we are absolutely TERRIBLE and are nailed on to go down. He should just be keeping his mouth shut and focusing on actually being good.
I've been on this forum 6 or so years now and it's never been anything other than bickering back and forth for the most part.

Oh no it isn't!

colinwhite

Quote from: Sammyffc on February 13, 2021, 08:21:41 AM
Quote from: colinwhite on February 13, 2021, 08:11:35 AM

Thats as maybe but if you start off by intimating that the forum is not what it used to be becausing of constant moaning and then go into a long moan then Im

Well Sammy you started well and then plunged into pure moaning,making no constuctive points whatsoever about the present state of the team,or our current situation. You didnt do a lot to improve the forum pal !!

Oh, so you want me to add things to my post that i didn't want to talk about ? . I wanted to address the tony speaking thing, Ivans personality and Scott. That's it. Let me know next time what you would like me to write in my posts and ill make a mark in my diary.

Thats all well and a good but nonetheless avoiding the isssue that if you come on here complaing about how the forum has gone downhill due to people constantly moaning and then procede to do nothing but moan ,then perhaps you need to think again if you get the hump because others point out the absurdiity of your post. if you have point of view fine ,but either back it up or expect to get the reply you deserve.

Kylereyo

its a bit soon for them to sell Toney tbh probably asking for a huge price with his brand new contract. unless he has a decent release i think i d agree with scott on this and don't pay over the odds for unproven top level guy. (albeit looks decent)

sarnian

Toney plays for Brentford not us so what happened months ago is completely irrelevant.  Who cares, get on with life, you cannot change the past ( and that goes for things that happened centuries ago as well). 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: sarnian on February 14, 2021, 10:02:34 AM
Toney plays for Brentford not us so what happened months ago is completely irrelevant.  Who cares, get on with life, you cannot change the past ( and that goes for things that happened centuries ago as well). 

So what you are saying is that whoever invented the wheel cannot change their mind, thank goodness for that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

sarnian

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 14, 2021, 10:07:08 AM

So what you are saying is that whoever invented the wheel cannot change their mind, thank goodness for that.

What I am saying is you cannot change history.  Whether it's Fulham transfers, wars, slavery, etc, nobody can change what has happened in the past whatever the rights and wrongs of it all.  Pretty simple statement really so your reply is pointless.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: sarnian on February 14, 2021, 11:33:06 AM

What I am saying is you cannot change history.  Whether it's Fulham transfers, wars, slavery, etc, nobody can change what has happened in the past whatever the rights and wrongs of it all.  Pretty simple statement really so your reply is pointless.

Not really oh wise one, I am not saying you can change history, however you can make sure you do not repeat the same mistakes. Which is clearly happening at Fulham with the continued buffoonery of the D of F.
Since the Ego landed apart from his continued incompetence and negligence as head of the Crack Recruitment Unit he has been surrounded by controversy not forgetting the fiasco with his best mate from university CK and all that surrounded their affairs, although despite TK covering up for his best mate at the time at others expense, I hasten to add that I doubt they are best mates now. In fact that debacle only ended when CK fell on his own sword, otherwise the long suffering Slavisa, you must remember him he was the other guy who got us promoted since the Khans took over. Yes Slavisa who had to put up with pair of them, no wonder Slavisa always had a long face. At least Scott has only got to put up with one enormous EGO.
Nevertheless, it still remains that Junior Khan is the itch that Fulham FC cannot scratch at the moment, but nothing lasts for ever, as there is a pattern here and all trails lead back to the owners son.

Never forget your Roots.

Penfold

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 14, 2021, 11:56:16 AM

Not really oh wise one, I am not saying you can change history, however you can make sure you do not repeat the same mistakes. Which is clearly happening at Fulham with the continued buffoonery of the D of F.
Since the Ego landed apart from his continued incompetence and negligence as head of the Crack Recruitment Unit he has been surrounded by controversy not forgetting the fiasco with his best mate from university CK and all that surrounded their affairs, although despite TK covering up for his best mate at the time at others expense, I hasten to add that I doubt they are best mates now. In fact that debacle only ended when CK fell on his own sword, otherwise the long suffering Slavisa, you must remember him he was the other guy who got us promoted since the Khans took over. Yes Slavisa who had to put up with pair of them, no wonder Slavisa always had a long face. At least Scott has only got to put up with one enormous EGO.
Nevertheless, it still remains that Junior Khan is the itch that Fulham FC cannot scratch at the moment, but nothing lasts for ever, as there is a pattern here and all trails lead back to the owners son.

As I recall it, CK was sacked by Khan senior and, at the time, Khan junior was far from happy.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Penfold on February 14, 2021, 12:17:51 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 14, 2021, 11:56:16 AM

As I recall it, CK was sacked by Khan senior and, at the time, Khan junior was far from happy.

That is affirmative, and during his employment at Fulham CK was sent back to the states at least twice to learn how to be discreet and to try and grow up and for disciplinary reasons by the Chairman due to CKs brash and insufferable and unbearable manner and behaviour towards other employees during his tenure. There was an attempted cover up by CKs best mate TK, but at the end of the day, what goes round comes round, and what the owners son overlooks time and time again, is that the ball ⚽️ never gets tired, and the first 90 minutes ➕ added time are the most important.

Never forget your Roots.