more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

your team against Everton...

Started by WhiteJC, February 12, 2021, 09:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: FulhamStu on February 13, 2021, 09:41:39 AM
There is not a cat in hells chance RLC will not start the way Parker has talked him up and probably rightly so.
The big question are will he go with 3 at the back and wing backs or 4 at the back.  My guess is he will stick with 4 at the back and BDR in the advanced right wing back role with either Tete or Aina in the defence.  The other big question is will he go with Cav or Mitro...  I would be amazed if Maja started and expect to see him on the bench.  My guess again is he goes with Cav.  Reed and Lookman will play and i expect Frank to start with Lemina on the bench.  He could play Lemina instead of Reed but I doubt it.  Hopefully he brings on the no9 a bit earlier however Mitro could start and be replaced by Maja.  When Mitro starts he is rarely subbed off but now we have Maja this would now make more sense.
The above word for word is probably what is in the Everton manager's and player's minds right now. Good that we have them a little confused over our line up.

Twig

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 13, 2021, 09:53:14 AM
I'll say this before the game so that it won't be construed as digging a player out after a game.  My question is: why do so many people seem to prefer Tete over Aina? I know Tete came with a good reputation, but IMO Aina defends better, is a better header, is as quick, attacks strongly and crosses better.  On my purely personal subjective 1 to 10 scale, I'd giveTete 6 and Aina 8.   Perhaps I'm  missing something about Tete and I really hope he shines if he plays today.

I'm with you on this. Both are decent players but thus far I have rated Ains's contributions for us more highly.

Simply91

Quote from: clarkey on February 12, 2021, 12:39:51 PM
I like Maidstone Lee's suggestion, it is the most attacking.

Areola

Tete Andersen Tosin Robinson

Reed

Bobby Reid       Anguissa     Lookman

Mitrovic    Maja

I think this team though shows what a mistake it was letting Kebano and AK 47 go off on loan, we have no extra firepower on the bench and no one at all if any of the forwards get injured.Two other options are Lemina for Anguissa if he is still slightly off it, and have Joe Bryan as sub ready to get some crosses in as he and Lookman are only decent crossers of a ball.Or play Mitro or Maja and have Lemina on from the start, push Lookman up.

Let's all pray for no Cav.If there are five at the back at the kick off then no chance, BUT start with 4and  if 3-0 at half time then revert to five at back...unless it is Everton with the three. Good luck everyone lets hope for a bouyant Sunday evening.They must be tired....please ?

I do agree with but I wonder how effective AK and Kebano would be if they were still here - how many goals could they really get between them..

filham

The Telegraph today is not listening to us and again has Cav. up front rather than Mitro or Maja. Hope they have got it wrong.

Pluto

Go for broke now. We need goals. No more five at the back and start Maja.

SuffolkWhite

We need a 442 or 4411, if we go for broke we will lose to a team like Everton. I would play a midfield
of Lookman on the left Bobby right Anguissa and Reed middle with Mitro abd Maja up front. The defence picks its self and either Tete or Aina I'm not fussed which. BDR and LOOKMAN will track back but offer a forward threat.
My two pennies anyway.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Balham Boy

I'd play Maja and BDR up front......when BRD was banging in goals for Bristol City it was part of a front two....

General

Quote from: twang on February 12, 2021, 09:33:18 AM
Areola
Tete - Andersen - Tosin - Robinson
Anguissa - Reed - Loftus-Cheek
Decordova-Reid - Mitrovic - Lookman

Switch one of Reed or L-C out for Lemina and I'd be happy with this... that said based on Parker's comments on RLC last week it'd be optimistic to see him lose his place. I imagine we'll see something bordering on confusing and defensive though - 5 at the back, lookman and mitro on the bench... My head will be in my hands.. it'll be a tough watch and a lose or a draw, but as ever I hoping for our 3 and perhaps only other win this season... We're due one or two based on current stats.