more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could be all over bar the shouting

Started by JimmyConway, February 13, 2021, 12:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC In Oz

Quote from: SP on February 13, 2021, 03:46:12 PM
I do wonder where we'd be in the table with a manger with the nous of Sean Dyche?

Well, starting in defence - look at what he's done with Tarkowski & Mee - imagine what he could do with Andersen & Adarabioyo.

Oh, and we would actually work on set pieces in training.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Tempest on February 13, 2021, 03:48:56 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 13, 2021, 03:40:39 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on February 13, 2021, 03:20:50 PM
Winning less than 10% of our games, rarely scoring & our season being virtually over around the half way point of the season is embarrassing.

We've barely put up a fight. It's been an awful season.

Shh, apparently Parker is doing an excellent job.
Shhhhh he is......he hasn't missed a sitter, penalty, got sent off, we have been in every game since the end of the first transfer window, he is indeed doing a great job but the players have let him down game after game.

But I guess once a Parker hater always a blinkered Parker hater.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Of course, the players have made errors which have let us down.

I did say in another post the other day that TK & his recruitment team & the players have to take some responsibility for our current plight too.

My problem with Parker mainly stems with his negative/defensive mindset in matches, and his slow reactions in making subs/changing the shape to change the course of a game.

Far too reactive, not enough proactivity.

Neutral Zone Ultra

We are toast. Burnley was the last team we could realistically catch having 2 games on them but now 10 points is a vast yawning chasm for us to make up. Hello @SkyBet, good to see you again

Fulham 442

Game over. Burnley 3 nil up now. We just can't score enough goals to get us out of trouble imo.

Blawarmy

Just consulted my crystal ball.   We're playing in the championship next season. Tony will be trying to win the playoff at Wembley in 2022 and then leave transfers too late once again for our impending relegation in 2023. 

Tempest

Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 13, 2021, 03:52:00 PM
Quote from: Tempest on February 13, 2021, 03:48:56 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 13, 2021, 03:40:39 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on February 13, 2021, 03:20:50 PM
Winning less than 10% of our games, rarely scoring & our season being virtually over around the half way point of the season is embarrassing.

We've barely put up a fight. It's been an awful season.

Shh, apparently Parker is doing an excellent job.
Shhhhh he is......he hasn't missed a sitter, penalty, got sent off, we have been in every game since the end of the first transfer window, he is indeed doing a great job but the players have let him down game after game.

But I guess once a Parker hater always a blinkered Parker hater.

Of course, the players have made errors which have let us down.

I did say in another post the other day that TK & his recruitment team & the players have to take some responsibility for our current plight too.

My problem with Parker mainly stems with his negative/defensive mindset in matches, and his slow reactions in making subs/changing the shape to change the course of a game.

Far too reactive, not enough proactivity.
But without the errors by the players, which of course happen, we would be comfortable mid table, but after the start we had, we had to stop the rot, become hard to beat, to play a certain way, despite the deemed negative way we have played, we could still have won every one of our last 10 or more games, that in itself changes the mentality, positivity and belief.

Parker, playing the same way as now, would be hailed as the next big thing. But the players have not stood up and been counted when it matters.

Obviously just my view and often I'm wrong of course but Scott does have to rely on a small amount of quality in this squad doing what they do best. That quality has let him down. Badly. In my view

Live in Falmouth!

Logicalman

Quote from: Fulham 442 on February 13, 2021, 04:06:05 PM
Game over. Burnley 3 nil up now. We just can't score enough goals to get us out of trouble imo.

Unfortunately even the glass-half-full brigade (of which  am a paid up member btw) will need to reconcile themselves to what is becoming the inevitable. Once the mathematics are in, then that's it, and I'm not too sure that won't be too far down the road.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

alfie

Quote from: St Eve on February 13, 2021, 02:41:20 PM
When Palace beat Burnley today the optimism level will raise a little. Then we win at Everton and all have a great weekend
Well that went well😂
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SP

Palace look absolutely awful, what has happened to Benteke?

FFC In Oz

Quote from: SP on February 13, 2021, 04:26:44 PM
Palace look absolutely awful, what has happened to Benteke?

Him and Batshuayi both!

Riversider

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over,
It is now !!!!

Buffalo76

As good as down and we're barely into the 2nd half of the season....embarrassing.

SP

Brighton will spank Villa tonight no doubt.

The Old Count

The way teams above us are picking up wins we'd probably need 42 points to stay up. So we need to win 8 draw 3 and lose 5. That's pretty much  top six form. Not impossible but highly unlikely.

SuffolkWhite

It is a Great Escape season with 10 points behind the rest now, looking doubtful that we stay up, but COYW.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

john dempsey

Quote from: The Old Count on February 13, 2021, 04:40:09 PM
The way teams above us are picking up wins we'd probably need 42 points to stay up. So we need to win 8 draw 3 and lose 5. That's pretty much  top six form. Not impossible but highly unlikely.
[/quote  Those results on current form under parker will
take 3 seasons..

SP

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on February 13, 2021, 04:42:09 PM
It is a Great Escape season with 10 points behind the rest now, looking doubtful that we stay up, but COYW.

Interesting comparing our striking options between the great escape season & now.  I'm not sure RLC's therapy sessions (matches) would've been tolerated back then.

jayffc

Ben Mee just got stretchered off after seemingly being knocked out...genuinely hope hes ok

By thursday

Also Pieters now off with a seeming groin injury.

Not one to celebrate injury but every little helps as far as were concerned...2 of their 4 starting defenders out for our game wednesday would be a positive for us

filham

Oh dear three goals for Burnley, never expected Roy's team to fold up like that.