watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Crypto Currencies

Started by blingo, February 13, 2021, 02:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Anyone else on here into crypto currencies?

SP

I enjoy following the developments but wouldn't invest even if I had the money.

bog

Luka

Yep, got Bitcoin. Had them since 2017.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes, I have invested into Bitcoin about 3 years ago when it was low and have reaped the benefit as it continues to surge onwards and upwards. The two I have are  BTC-USD I bought at around 7,000 currently 47,002.41. Also ETH-USD, bought at around 500, currently 1,802,15.
After a few lows they have shot up, and continue to do so. Despite all the good forecasts I now check them every day in case there is a fall. I may withdraw my initial investment shortly. Leave the profit there until I have enough money to buy Fulham and employ a fully qualified D of F.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

No but I can strongly recommend on BBC SOUNDS the "Missing Crypto Queen " Which examines how Dr Ruja Ignatova persuaded millions to join her financial revolution. Then she disappeared.
It is brilliant

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HV71 on February 13, 2021, 05:54:26 PM
No but I can strongly recommend on BBC SOUNDS the "Missing Crypto Queen " Which examines how Dr Ruja Ignatova persuaded millions to join her financial revolution. Then she disappeared.
It is brilliant

I do not normally believe anything the bbc produces, but yes this Bulgarian woman scammed the world with One Coin which was suppose to rival Bitcoin. However, she disappeared must be about 3 years ago now and is still currently on the run. I believe the FBI found her guilty in her absence.

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

Spoiler alert Woolly - but honestly it's a really good listen and you are correct in your summation

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HV71 on February 13, 2021, 07:16:14 PM
Spoiler alert Woolly - but honestly it's a really good listen and you are correct in your summation

I shall take your advice HV71 and will catch up and watch it, not only to listen to this interesting issue, but also because women on the run interest me.

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

I'm sure you must have plenty of experience of women on the run Woolly....

blingo

I hold various coins but my biggies are bitcoin and ethereum, more ethereum than bitcoin by a long way as I believe they will eventually do so much more. Bought bitcoin at $6600 and eth at £86.  My son works for the financial services commision in Gib and deals with the licencing of crypto companies wanting to register in Gibraltar.(he says yes or no).

I reckon bitcoin will reach $100k and ethereum could hit 10k although short term $2 to $2,500 looks feasible.

Boy reckos this is like buying apple or google when they first appeared and have a long way to go. TBH Im a very happy bunny with what I have sold so far and am still holding a good sized portfolio. Who says kids should be seen and not heard lol.

No investment aadvice given or intended. All comments imho.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 13, 2021, 05:28:52 PM
Yes, I have invested into Bitcoin about 3 years ago when it was low and have reaped the benefit as it continues to surge onwards and upwards. The two I have are  BTC-USD I bought at around 7,000 currently 47,002.41. Also ETH-USD, bought at around 500, currently 1,802,15.
After a few lows they have shot up, and continue to do so. Despite all the good forecasts I now check them every day in case there is a fall. I may withdraw my initial investment shortly. Leave the profit there until I have enough money to buy Fulham and employ a fully qualified D of F.
I have spent me life  working in asset management and the below is all i can say.

It could make you a lot of money but PLEASE do not invest more than you are prepared to loose, could be worth zero when you wake up one morning.

blingo

When you are well in profit, draw out your initial investment.
Do you really see the likes of Elon musk investing 1.5 billion dollars if it was going to be worth nothing? I understand your caution, but as del boy says. He who dares Rodney, this time next year...... lol.

Statto

I don't believe the hype personally.

Crypto has been around for about a decade now and people have been saying it will replace fiat currencies the whole time, and yet it still hasn't, at all.

I don't think it ever will. It's not green (takes loads of energy to 'mine'), can't be controlled by central governments for monetary policy purposes, facilitates money laundering... and so on. It just isn't a great idea.

That being the case, the high price it trades at is just a bubble, driven by sentiment and hype (mostly from people already invested in it) and nothing more.

Lots of people will make money on the way up but eventually the bubble will burst, like they always do and a lot of people will be stung.

blingo

Interesting view points. However, crypto is the future, just like mobile phones were in the 80s. It will stop governments dominating their currency as they wish.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HV71 on February 13, 2021, 09:20:40 PM
I'm sure you must have plenty of experience of women on the run Woolly....

Come to think of it your absolutely right.   064.gif

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: We Are Premier League on February 13, 2021, 10:26:08 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 13, 2021, 05:28:52 PM
I have spent me life  working in asset management and the below is all i can say.

It could make you a lot of money but PLEASE do not invest more than you are prepared to loose, could be worth zero when you wake up one morning.

Fortunately I never have to wake up, because since decimalisation I never sleep anymore, I cannot afford to. 💴💵💰

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

I had a scam letter some time ago and they wanted me to pay a phenomenal amount of money in Bit Coins. I just laughed and shut the browser. It was so poorly written I don't think English was their first language. Even in far off place# they know the value of Bit Coins

Statto

Quote from: blingo on February 14, 2021, 12:01:12 AM
Interesting view points. However, crypto is the future, just like mobile phones were in the 80s. It will stop governments dominating their currency as they wish.

More like Betamax than mobile phones I suspect.
Nothing wrong with governments controlling currencies. If the pound had been as volatile as bitcoin in the last few years with no mechanism for the govt to control it, we'd be f***ed.

blingo

Its in its infancy Statto, it has yet to be fully accepted but it is getting there and it will be the future whether we like it or not. Decentralization is about not letting governments control the value of currency. It will make banking faster and cheaper in many ways. Whichever way we look at this now, institutional money is now showing, and /i think that they will have done their homework, even one of the four big American banks is considering it as an investment vehicle for their investors. We can't stop progress and I for one see it working and working well. Of course you are fully entitled to your views, but I am no day trader so I have invested and recouped my initial investment and still hold a good sized portfolio, which i will continue to hold, so it runs on free money. I'm hopefully just going to enjoy the ride. But remember, banks are a waste of time as are building societies, they use your money to make them money and no investment is ever guaranteed, so you could lose your money anyway.

I am not trying to convince anyone to invest in crypto at all. the point of this thread was curiosity to see if other Fulhamites shared the same interest.