Spurs
Brighton
0-0
Villa

WhiteJC

Everton Matchday Preview

Everton v Fulham | Sunday 14th February 2021 | 7pm | Goodison Park | #EVEFUL

The opposition

Everton will go into the Valentine's Day encounter on the crest of a wave after coming out on top of a nine-goal thriller against Tottenham Hotspur in the week, Bernard's extra-time winner securing a 5-4 victory in the Emirates FA Cup.
    They secured a morale-boosting result last time out in the Premier League, too, when Dominic Calvert-Lewin netted in the fifth minute of stoppage time to claim a 3-3 draw at high-flying Manchester United.
    Only Mohamed Salah now has more Premier League goals than Calvert-Lewin's 13 in 2020/21, but the England man will be missing for the Fulham clash with a hamstring issue.

Everton team news

Jordan Pickford has missed the Toffees' previous three outings with an abdominal injury, and the England goalkeeper will against be absent at the weekend. Dominic Calvert-Lewin picked up a hamstring injury against Spurs so will also miss out, while midfielders Allan and Jean-Philippe Gbamin are not yet ready to return. James Rodriguez and Andre Gomes are back in contention, though.

Fulham team news

Scott Parker confirmed that Tom Cairney and Terence Kongolo are making progress, but Sunday's game will come too soon for the pair.

Coverage

The match will be broadcast live on BT Sport, while Club commentary from Gentleman Jim and Jamie Reid is available to FFCtv subscribers.

Player insight

Harrison Reed hopes that Fulham's luck with change on Sunday, as they head into another encounter in good spirits.

"Everton are in great form and we know it's a big battle to go to Goodison Park," he told FFCtv. "It's always been a tough place to go but we go into every game full of confidence.

"We feel like we can beat any team, we've feel like we've been in games and just the wrong side of small margins here and there, so hopefully that changes and we can pick up the three points."

Form

Everton: DLWDW

Fulham: LDDLD

Pre-match quotes

"Fulham, in my opinion, are playing really good football – with courage and intensity."

Carlo Ancelotti
Everton Manager

"To win what [Ancelotti's] won over the course of his career speaks volumes, so he's someone I look to and admire."

Scott Parker
Fulham Head Coach

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/february/Everton-Matchday-Preview/

WhiteJC

'Are those tears?': Liverpool fans discuss manager's 'whining' about 8-assist player

Liverpool fans have taken to Twitter to react after Scott Parker commented on the tribunal regarding Harvey Elliott's move from Fulham to Anfield.

As The Telegraph state, Liverpool beat Barcelona and Real Madrid to the 17-year-old's signature after his contract at Craven Cottage expired.

However, because they developed him, Fulham are owed compensation.

Having failed to settle on a fee with the Reds, the case went to a tribunal where Liverpool were ordered to pay £4 million and give Fulham a 20% sell-on clause, as The Athletic state.

The Athletic previously said that Fulham wanted £10 million, and Parker doesn't sound best pleased with the outcome.

Sky Sports quote him as saying: "£4m for a player we have developed, given his Premier League debut at such a tender age, he is one player that we thought the world of, and helped him in that process.

"To then leave like he did... and go to a tribunal where you get £4m, or up to £4m like has been suggested. It's certainly from my position, it's madness really."

Liverpool fans have since discovered what Parker said about the situation, and have taken to Twitter to react.

They don't sound too sympathetic, to say the least.

One fan said that Parker was 'whining' while another said 'cry me a river' in response to the Fulham manager's words.

Others simply tried to justify why £4 million and a 20% sell-on fee is more than enough compensation for Fulham's work with Elliott.

The teenage wonderkid is currently shining on loan at Blackburn with four goals and eight assists in 23 appearances.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/02/13/are-those-tears-liverpool-fans-discuss-managers-whining-about-8-assist-player/

WhiteJC

Working Well – Carlo Ancelotti Pleased With Everton New Boy's Adaptation

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti has revealed that Toffees new boy Joshua King's adaptation into his squad is progressing well and stressed there is a possibility he could start against Fulham in their upcoming Premier League clash on Sunday.

King arrived at Goodison Park on the last day of the winter transfer window from Championship outfit Bournemouth and has made two appearances off the bench in the top flight for his new club.

However, the Norwegian could earn his first Everton start in the Toffees' home clash against Fulham on Sunday as first choice hitman Dominic Calvert-Lewin is ruled out of the game owing to an injury he suffered in his team's 5-4 FA Cup win against Tottenham Hotspur.

Ancelotti revealed that King's physical condition is good at the moment and he is adapting well to the Everton squad.

The Italian added that King is able to play both as a central striker or as a winger and there is a strong possibility he could replace the injured Calvert-Lewin against the Cottagers.

Asked whether King could start against Fulham with Calvert-Lewin sidelined due to injury, Ancelotti told a press conference: "I think Joshua King could play in that [Calvert-Lewin's] position, can play as a winger also.

"So of course, without Calvert-Lewin, the possibility to put him in the first eleven is a strong possibility.

I think his condition, his physical condition is good.

"And also, his adaptation to the team is working well."

Along with Calvert-Lewin, shot-stopper Jordan Pickford is also ruled out of the Fulham clash, but Ancelotti is hoping both players will be available for selection in Everton's top flight encounter against Manchester City on Wednesday.

https://insidefutbol.com/2021/02/13/working-well-carlo-ancelotti-pleased-with-everton-new-boys-adaptation/494581/

WhiteJC

Parker annoyed by Fulham chief's comments about Toney

Scott Parker is unhappy about comments made by Fulham chief Tony Khan about Ivan Toney.

Khan, vice-chairman and also the club's director of football operations, posted on Twitter this week that Fulham wanted to sign prolific striker Toney from Peterborough United, who instead sold him to Brentford.

That didn't go down well with Parker – and it's not the first time the head coach has taken umbrage at Khan's use of social media.

In September, Parker was unhappy that Khan apologised on Twitter for the team's performance against Aston Villa.

This time Khan was explaining how Financial Fair Play rules would have hindered any move for Toney.

But Parker reckons any discussions over signings should remain private.

He went so far as to suggest a "world class" club would act differently.

"I think there is a good intention there. But it's something I don't feel needs to happen," Parker said.

"I think I've learnt I can't control what comes from the outside. At times it's not helpful.

"I want people to perceive us as a club that is world class in everything we do. There are parts of that I can't control.

"Here now, before Everton, we're talking about a Twitter post rather than going into the real details of what he said on the eve of a massive game.

"I will never let the standards or what I believe world-class football clubs on and off the pitch detract from that message to my players and my staff.

"The constant message is we keep improving and keep doing things the right way.

"From me, who sits in this chair and fronts up for the football club, I want us to be perceived and act in a certain way, and that's a world class way.

"I want us to do that on the pitch but, sometimes more importantly, I want us to do that off the pitch."

Parker is no fan of social media and stays well clear of the likes of Instagram and Twitter.

He explained: "I don't do Twitter or Instagram.

"I see it as a platform for negativity and hurt – and I don't want to be a part of it."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/brentford/parker-annoyed-by-fulham-chiefs-comments-about-toney

WhiteJC

James Rodriguez: Carlo Ancelotti confirms Fulham return for Everton maestro

Everton have been gifted a huge boost ahead of Sunday's Premier League meeting with Fulham as Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that James Rodriguez will be fit to feature.

The Colombian maestro was forced to sit out his side's FA Cup fifth round win over Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday night due to a tight calf.

Rodriguez sustained the issue during last weekend's 3-3 draw with Manchester United, where the 29-year-old had scored Everton's second for his fifth goal of the season.

Ancelotti withdrew Rodriguez from the action at Old Trafford midway through the second half as a precaution, having seen the midfielder fail to shake the issue following the break.

Everton had hoped to see the former Real Madrid playmaker feature in midweek, but will now be able to call on Rodriguez when Scott Parker's Fulham visit Goodison Park.

But the injury picture at Goodison Park is not ideal, with Ancelotti adding that Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Jordan Pickford will be missing.

"Both [Calvert-Lewin and Pickford] will not be available for the game on Sunday. We are looking for the next game on Wednesday where we think both of them will be available," Ancelotti said on Friday.

"We have back Andre Gomes, James, Josh King, and in the next week we think Allan will be back, so the squad is ready for the next games.

"James is fine. He trained yesterday and today and is available for the game on Sunday. No problem."

Having Rodriguez back available for selection on Sunday will come as a huge boost for Ancelotti, as only top-scorer Calvert-Lewin (18) and Richarlison (8) have scored more often for Everton than the Colombian (5) has across all competitions this season.

Only Gylfi Sigurdsson (7) has provided as many or more assists than Rodriguez (7), too, but may now find himself undeservingly axed from the starting line-up to make way for the 29-year-old's return.

Sigurdsson more than held his own in the role against Tottenham in midweek, with the £16m-rated Iceland international directly involved in four of the Blues' five goals.

The ex-Swansea City creator provided the assist for Calvert-Lewin's initial equaliser before scoring to put Everton 3-1 ahead, and later playing the pass through for Richarlison and Bernard to strike go ahead goals after Spurs mustered a comeback.

But Ancelotti may not feel there is room in the side for both Sigurdsson and Rodriguez, who has only failed to start one of his last eight Premier League appearances in a central role.

https://www.footballfancast.com/everton-fc-news/james-rodriguez-injury-news-ancelotti-fulham-sigurdsson

WhiteJC

Fulham crisis deepens as Premier League strugglers hit by internal strife that threatens to overshadow their season

After being promoted to the Premier League via the Play-Offs, Scott Parker will have known just how difficult his Fulham side were going to find life in the English top-flight.

Parker, a veteran of the Premier League with many London clubs, knows exactly what it takes to be a success and, unfortunately for him, many of his players haven't shown close to the desire or heart that he possessed as a player.

To that end, the Cottagers are struggling towards the foot of the division, and unless they start picking up points quickly, the chances are they'll be straight back down in the Championship.

A signing or two in the winter window wouldn't have gone amiss, and one player who they almost secured was Ivan Toney.

The player ultimately signed for west London rivals, Brentford, and that prompted Tony Khan, son of Fulham club chairman, Shahid Khan, to let the world know what went wrong.

"We hoped to do a deal... I loved him + his data, I badly wanted him but trying to balance FFP with unknown constraints due to COVID, we didn't have flexibility to pay the fee without depleting funds to invest in defence," he was quoted as saying by The Sun.

That didn't go down at all well with Parker, who clearly has more than enough on his plate already to deal with.

"Firstly, I would never want to comment on another player who was at another club so I'm not going to do that," The Sun quote him as saying.

"I also wouldn't want to comment on how we go about our decisions as an organisation, in terms of what takes place.

"I took over two years ago and the club was in a little bit of a mess in that sense.

"My soul purpose at that moment was to bring some pride back into the club while also understanding that I want this to be an elite football club and an elite organisation.

"The standards I drive with my staff and players are exactly aiming to do that.

"Of course there are parts of that I can't control. That's why here now, two days before Everton, we're talking about a Twitter post. At times, it's frustrating.

"I think there is a good intention there. But it's something that I don't feel needs to happen."

If nothing else, it hints at the strife going on behind the scenes, but also Parker's willingness to put himself front and centre and go to war with the owners if he believes it's necessary to do so.

Everyone being held accountable for there own actions seems to be the most appropriate course of action, and Parker is at least holding up his end of the bargain as best he can.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/02/13/fulham-crisis-deepens-as-premier-league-strugglers-hit-by-internal-strife-that-threatens-to-overshadow-their-season/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker wants Fulham to become a "world class" club

Scott Parker wants Fulham to be a club the fans can be proud of both on and off the pitch.

The Cottagers travel to Everton on Sunday looking for their first ever Premier League win at Goodison Park and bidding to narrow the eight-point gap to safety.

On Thursday Fulham co-owner Tony Khan explained on Twitter the reasons why Fulham were unable to sign striker Ivan Toney, who would instead end up joining Brentford from Peterborough last August.

Khan mentioned Financial Fair Play and the impact of the coronavirus pandemic in his replies to supporters.

Cottagers boss Parker attempted to distance himself from Khan's comments, and referred only to his own objectives since he took the reins at Craven Cottage two years ago.

"Firstly, I would never want to comment on another player who was at another club so I'm not going to do that," he said.

"I also wouldn't want to comment on how we go about things or what our decisions are as a football club and as an organisation, in terms of what takes place.

"I took over two years ago and the club was in a little bit of a mess in that sense.

"My sole purpose at that moment was to bring some pride back into the club while also understanding that I want this to be an elite football club and an elite organisation.

"The standards I drive with my staff and players are exactly aiming to do that.

"I think I've learned I can't control what comes from the outside. At times it's not helpful. It isn't, because I want people to perceive us as a club that is world class in everything we do.

"On the field, I always endeavour to make the team bring energy and enthusiasm, that they're a team our fans are proud of. Also off the pitch as well. That starts with me."

Parker has previously explained how he shuns social media and has advised players to distance themselves from certain platforms after they have received abuse, and he wants such matters to be kept in-house.

"I understand the fans and the message at times we need to give out," Parker said.

"From me, who sits in this chair and fronts up for the football club, I want us to be perceived and act in a certain way, and that's a world-class way.

"I want us to do that on the pitch but, sometimes more importantly, I want us to do that off the pitch.

"I want us to be a football team that our fans are proud of."

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/news/scott-parker-wants-fulham-to-become-a-world-class-club_435093.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Whelan gutted as Everton hit by 'Massive' Calvert-Lewin blow

Everton have been dealt a massive blow after Dominic Calvert-Lewin was ruled out of Sunday's clash against Fulham, according to Noel Whelan.

The former Leeds United striker, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, admitted he was gutted to see the 23-year-old fail to recover from the win over Tottenham on Wednesday.

The hitman limped off with a hamstring problem in the 5-4 victory and Carlo Ancelotti confirmed he would be sidelined against the Cottagers this weekend.

Everton's star striker this season, Calvert-Lewin netted his 13th Premier League goal in the Toffees' last top-flight against Manchester United.

Whelan admitted losing the htiman was a sucker punch for the Toffees and revealed his own disappointment at the news – albeit for Fantasy Football reasons.

Whelan told Football Insider assistant editor Russell Edge: "A massive blow for Everton and a massive blow for me because I've got him in my fantasy team more to the point!

"I think he's exceeded every expectation possible this year with the quality that he's brought to the team, with the goals he's scored, he looks like a brand new player.

"He jumps high, he runs quick, he's scoring goals that we never thought he could score – we questioned him last year whether he could do it and be the number nine at Everton, this year he's been that and got England recognition as well.

"It couldn't get any better for Calvert-Lewin and it couldn't have got any better for Ancelotti's start and Everton this year having a prolific goalscorer like that.

"When you lose someone like that, it is a massive pain dent in your team, how do you replace players like that, that are in that form, that are in that kind of groove?

"It's very hard to because I don't think of too many people can play that role that he brings to the side."

https://www.footballinsider247.com/whelan-gutted-as-everton-hit-by-massive-calvert-lewin-blow/

WhiteJC

Behind Enemy Lines: Fulham (H)

Four days off the back of, dare I say, the game of the season thus far, Everton host another white-kitted London club, this time in the form of relegation favourites Fulham.

In their previous meeting, Carlo Ancelotti's men escaped with a 3-2 win on the banks of the Thames thanks to a Dominic Calvert-Lewin brace and Abdoulaye Doucoure's first Everton goal, which would turn out to be the winner.

Fulham have not won a single league match since upsetting Leicester City in the match directly following their defeat at the hands of the Toffees, which makes it no victories in 12 games for Scott Parker's side, which is simply not good enough to drag themselves out of the hole they find themselves deeply entrenched in at the bottom of the table.

On the other hand, Everton have responded well to their shock defeat at Goodison Park against Newcastle, winning a hard-fought game at Elland Road 2-1 and somehow managing a dramatic 3-3 draw at Old Trafford the weekend after. They also, of course, knocked Tottenham Hotspur out of the FA Cup in a dramatic tie that took 120 minutes of wide-open football to decide.

Now, it is an absolute must-win fixture for the European hopefuls, who simply can't afford to slip up again at home against a side they should be comfortably beating. That being said, Fulham have pulled off a few unlikely draws this year, forcing both the aforementioned Spurs and Liverpool into 1-1 stalemates. Will they be able to pull it off again on Sunday, or will Everton get the win they certainly need in order to keep up in the race for the Top 6?

This week on Behind Enemy Lines, I spoke to my friend Henry Hill, who is a producer for Football Daily and is a regular on the quiz show "The Football Pyramid", a personal favourite of mine. He is, of course, a massive Fulham fan, and so here is how our conversation went:

Q: Fulham currently sit in 18th place with 15 points from 22 games, which leaves them 8 points from safety. What are your thoughts on the Cottager's survival fight thus far?

A: My biggest worry about Fulham is that we will get relegated and everyone will tell me "at least you played nice football"...! While this is true to some extent, despite all our eye-catching work it's been painful to witness the lack of conviction in the final third. Too many draws and dropped points, while the likes of Burnley and Newcastle are playing dull but pragmatic football and picking up wins.. disgusting!

Q: It's no secret that Fulham have struggled to turn draws into wins, as they have produced 9 stalemates already this season. What must the Whites do better during the back half of the season to secure enough points for survival, and how hopeful are you that they can climb that mountain?

A: I sincerely hope Josh Maja has some magic in his boots but I'm just not sure. It's clear to see we need a goalscorer, as Mitrovic has been missing this season. Against West Brom, however, he showed how useful his link-up play can be, so hopefully, he forms a quick bond with Maja. Honestly, Fulham just need to take a chance and be more incisive in front of goal, as teams have quickly figured out if they can get bodies behind the ball Fulham don't quite have the creativity to crack that nut!

Q: Scott Parker's side certainly gave Carlo Ancelotti's Everton a run for their money in a game that ended 3-2 at Craven Cottage earlier this season. What were your thoughts on that game and how do you think this one will be similar or different?

A: That game pretty much summed up our entire season didn't it? Horrendous first half where we looked pathetic, then a spirited effort in the second which proved too little too late. DCL was bang in form then and we let him score twice, and that Cavaleiro missed pen was the stuff of nightmares. I certainly don't expect us to be 3-1 down at HT as our defence is much improved, but can't get the dreaded thought of another draw out of my head.

Q: Everton find themselves just 3 points off the Top 4 with 2 games in hand. What are your thoughts on Everton's season so far and how high do you think the Toffees will finish?

A: I think Everton have been fantastic so far. It's hard not to love Carlo, the James signing, and the rise of DCL, but I do admire the defensive reassurance they have finally got after some questionable CBs over the years. Keane and Mina are quietly emerging as one of the most reliable pairings in the EPL, which is great to see. I also have a soft spot for Gylfi Sigurdsson, so very happy he has recovered after a shoddy last season. It's super competitive at the top, and I think Tuchel's arrival may give Chelsea an edge, so a Europa League finish would be an excellent result. But stranger things have happened than the Toffees finishing top 4!

I will say that this month marks 5 years of Moshiri ownership, I believe, and this is your most balanced squad in that time.

Q: Who will win the game at Goodison Park on Sunday and why?

A: Everton have recovered really well since that silly defeat to Newcastle United so I'd be a fool not to back them. HOWEVER, they haven't blown many teams away this season, and don't take a ton of shots, so I think this will be a lot more cagey than the Craven Cottage meet. I'll give it 1-0 to Everton, but don't be surprised if Fulham stay in tune and emerge with ANOTHER DRAW!

So there we have it! I'm going to go for a 3-1 win to the Toffees, as I think that despite the absence of Dominic Calvert-Lewin, the uptick in form of Richarlison combined with the qualities of James Rodriguez will prove too much for the Cottagers. My thanks to Henry for joining us; you can find him on Twitter @henry_hill94! I would love to hear your feedback about this or my other articles, so please reach out to me on Twitter @ParrettGost. Thank you all for reading, and as always, Up the Toffees!

https://www.grandoldteam.com/2021/02/13/behind-enemy-lines-fulham-h/

WhiteJC

Everton vs Fulham: The Opposition View

We spoke to Whites fan and podcaster Max Cohen prior to the Valentine's Day Goodison clash

Everton will be after their first home league since in almost two months when they host Scott Parker's Fulham on Sunday.

Carlo Ancelotti's men saw off Tottenham in Wednesday's 5-4 FA Cup thriller at Goodison Park, but have not won at home in the league since they beat Arsenal in mid-December.

Fulham have certainly improved as the season has gone on, but have found getting over the line in games difficult; they have not won in 12 league matches and sit 18th, eight points adrift of safety.

They have not won at Goodison since a 2-1 FA Cup victory in February 1975, and have lost each of their last 12 visits to the ground in all competitions.

Ahead of Sunday's match, we spoke to Max Cohen, contributor to the Cottage Talk podcast at SB Nation's Fulham blog, Cottagers Confidential:

RBM: Firstly, despite looking far better than when they were previously in the Premier League two years ago, Fulham have won fewer games and are further adrift of safety than at this stage last time. How much faith do you have in them staying up?

Max: Sadly, I'm quite pessimistic at the moment of our odds of staying up. We simply can't seem to win matches and that lack of cutting edge is killing us.

We need to do the double over Burnley if we are to stand any chance of survival — but everything looks unlikely when we've only won twice all season.

RBM: Scott Parker at least seems to still have a lot of support at Fulham. Would you stick with him even if Fulham go down?

Max: Personally, I would not hesitate to keep Parker even if we go down. He's done a superb job as a young manager in a very tough environment.

He can only improve and he's shown he can marshal a Premier League team into a tough side to beat. Now, he just needs to work on setting his side up to score more goals.

RBM: Fulham did a lot of good business in the summer but left it extremely late. Their director of football, Tony Khan, seems extremely divisive - where do you stand on him?

Max: I think he needs to either step away from his duties at his wrestling company [All Elite Wrestling] or he needs to step away from Fulham. It's unacceptable that he has another full-time sporting job and is also our director of football.

I think he did great business this summer, but left it late and also left glaring holes in our attack. That's to be expected when one isn't fully focused on the job.

RBM: Two players who seem to have impressed for Fulham this season have been former Everton men in Ademola Lookman and Antonee Robinson. What have you made of them?

Max: Lookman has shown flashes of being an absolutely top-class Premier League footballer at times, but sometimes can drift out of matches and become isolated on the left wing. He clearly has superb talent but needs to work on his end product, and it's easy to see why it hasn't worked out for him at bigger clubs with more pressure to produce.

Robinson has quickly become a fan favourite and looks to be a real steal at about £2 million. His pace is a huge asset and means he can bomb forward from his favoured left wing-back position. His defending is largely solid, but his crossing does need improvement.

RBM: Aleksandar Mitrovic hasn't scored for Fulham since September, and isn't as regular a starter as he used to be. Is it simply down to him not suiting the way Parker wants to play?

Max: Mitrovic has had a tough year, battling injury and a loss of form. He's lacking confidence massively and he isn't the mobile, hard-pressing striker Parker ideally wants to lead the line.

It's a real shame he's failed to kick off this season, as he was our only recognised striker until Josh Maja was brought in.

RBM: Parker has often opted for a back five in recent months, and while that seems to have improved Fulham defensively, is it now proving a hindrance going forward?

Max: More defenders always lead to a less free-flowing side. Our defence has been excellent, but as you noted, it has harmed our attacking creativity.

The return of Tom Cairney (hopefully) in the coming weeks should add that burst of forward-thinking flair, but until then, I expect us to struggle to score goals.

RBM: How do you expect Fulham to set up on Sunday? Do they have to go all-out to win this given the size of the gap with safety?

Max: I think Parker will stick with his classic five-at-the-back formation and likely play to keep it 0-0 as long as possible, and then go for the killer final goal with ten minutes to go.

RBM: Which of Fulham's players do you think could cause Everton the most problems?

Max: Keep an eye out for Robinson's dangerous runs from the left, as well as for our top scorer Bobby Decordova-Reid to pop up in some good positions from the right.

RBM: Finally, what's your prediction for Sunday's game?

Max: Fulham will jump out to a surprise lead, before being pegged back and ultimately hanging on for dear life for a 1-1 draw.

Our thanks to Max for his time.

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2021/2/13/22277856/everton-vs-fulham-the-opposition-view-premier-league-match-preview-max-cohen-lookman-robinson-parker

WhiteJC

Iwobi vs Lookman: Nigeria's next friendly rivalry?
Both players starring when Everton host Fulham this weekend allows observers to picture a Super Eagles set-up including the pair

Everton and Fulham sit at opposite ends in the Premier League table, however, Sunday night's meeting between the pair won't be as straightforward as many believe it will before kick-off.

It seems a strange claim because the visitors are winless in the top flight since beating Leicester City 2-1 at the King Power Stadium on November 30, and their run without success suggests the Merseyside outfit should walk all over them, right? Think again.

Scott Parker's side aren't as bad as the league table suggests, with their 15th-place standing on the expected goals per 90 table significantly better than where they find themselves in reality: 18th, eight points adrift of Burnley in 17th spot.

While their wins have been few and far between, the performances since late November have deserved more than the eight points they've picked up from a possible 36. Ademola Lookman has been at the heart of the Cottagers' attacking showings, even though the West London outfit often have little to show for it on most gameweeks.

This weekend brings the Anglo-Nigerian head-to-head with Alex Iwobi, a player who's largely dissimilar to the on-loan Fulham attacker although they do share some characteristics. The pair do like to dribble past their man and have completed 3.03 and 2.50 dribbles per 90 respectively, with the RB Leipzig loanee edging that duel between the pair.

Iwobi's ball-carrying has been a key component of Everton's attacking play and it's no surprise he leads for progressive ball carries per 90 this term (9.22) which outdoes Lookman's average of 7.20, although the Fulham forward ranks higher than his teammates in West London.

Creativity in modern football isn't limited to only chance creation, with involvement in the team's build-up a far better basis to consider.

The Anglo-Nigerian has contributed to a staggering 67 shot-creating actions for the London outfit, a staggering 34 higher than the Nigeria international, whose low number can be attributed to featuring deeper this season with a few appearances at wing-back and even at full-back in that game at Burnley in early December.

Lookman equally betters Iwobi's SCA per 90 average, 3.84 to 2.84, highlighting how involved the wide attacker has been to Fulham's attacking moves.

Thus, it's no surprise the former has fashioned out seven big chances so far this term to Iwobi's three, although it hasn't quite translated into assists for the 23-year-old who's set up three goals for Parker's struggling side.

This could be ascribed to the Cottagers' lack of a genuine goalscoring forward and the tendency to miss presentable opportunities.

This was largely evident in their recent goalless encounter with West Ham United, a match in which Lookman functioned as the team's creative hub in the final third.

He fashioned out a game-high three chances in 90 minutes and was utterly unlucky to not register his fourth league assist of the campaign with Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Tosin Adarabioyo missed really good opportunities to score for the hosts.

Indeed, this has been the general theme for the Cottagers this season: they've created 36 clear-cut opportunities but missed a staggering 25, which accounts for 69 percent of their entire presentable openings.

While Lookman's seven may not jump off the page at a glance, the fact only seven players in the entire division sit ahead of the Anglo-Nigerian for top chances set up deserves the necessary attention.

Besides, six of those seven players represent teams currently in the top half, with Southampton's Che Adams the only one from a team below 10th spot.

Fulham's survival hopes look to be hanging by a thread, especially as they continue to struggle to score goals, but Lookman somewhat deserves to continue his Premier League story if the Cottagers go down.

He's thrived amid the rather depressing campaign in the capital and seems to be one player whose profile has grown in a sense despite the broader issues around Parker's men.

Having fallen off the radar of Super Eagles supporters last term, this year's showings on loan in a struggling Fulham side mean they should have no qualms with Gernot Rohr calling up the former Everton man to the Nigeria side.

Still, it'll present a tough call for the German tactician given the natural bias for Lookman and Iwobi to feature on the left side of the forward line. Iwobi has shown in recent months how capable he can be playing on the opposite flank, but it remains to be seen if it's an option the 67-year-old boss considers for the West African nation.

While the Nigeria coach may have rebuffed the possibility of new entrants into the side for March's Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, the next few months will raise interesting questions for the trainer, especially if players like Lookman continue to thrive.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/iwobi-vs-lookman-nigerias-next-friendly-rivalry/1ujfjid92jkrb1fwf38y2dhiub

WhiteJC

Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti reveals he will give Fulham the same respect as Barcelona or Inter Milan as he looks to avoid repeat of defeat against Newcastle

Carlo Ancelotti is fully prepared as Everton get ready to face Fulham on Sunday
    Ancelotti was hugely frustrated with defeat at home to Newcastle last month 
    Everton boss says his team need a different mental approach on this occasion

Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti will give today's opponents Fulham the same respect he used to give Barcelona in El Clasico or Inter in the Milan derby.

Ancelotti is still smarting from the previous Premier League home game when Everton flopped 2-0 against Newcastle and says his players will be fully briefed on Scott Parker's side even though they are in the bottom three.

'In modern football you know everything about the teams because you have video and scouting,' said Ancelotti, who has managed Europe's biggest clubs including Real Madrid, AC Milan, PSG, Bayern Munich, Juventus and Chelsea.

Carlo Ancelotti says he will give Fulham the same respect that he used to give Barcelona

'It isn't just me who is working. We have other staff gathering information and watching videos that we can show to the players

'We spend the same time whether it is Fulham or another club. In the game against Newcastle we didn't have a good approach.

'Fulham is a different team. We have to play differently compared to Newcastle – but the mental approach also has to be different.'

Everton will have to cope without top scorer Dominic Calvert-Lewin who tweaked his hamstring in the epic midweek FA Cup win against Spurs and is being held back for Wednesday's visit of Manchester City.

Everton boss Ancelotti is wary of the problems that Scott Parker's team could cause on Sunday

Ancelotti has embraced life in the north-west during lockdown, taking walks and bike rides around his home in Crosby but had upsetting news last week when masked burglars broke into his house.

From a football perspective, he is looking forward to a time when he can hear the Goodison roar.

'I can not say it is a different job but it is a job with a different emotion,' he says. 'But what can we do? We have to adapt to this and we have to hope everything will be fine for everyone soon.

'There is no other way to go. Just to follow what the Government say to us and hope everything will be fine for everyone. Because I start to think the people is really tired of this. Not only us.

'And we can say we have the luck that we are working. Every day we can go outside and do our jobs. For this reason we are lucky people. There are a lot of people that is forced to stay home for a long time.

'Evertonians are really passionate about the club. I can not imagine what would happen if the crowd on Wednesday night was full at Goodison Park. I couldn't imagine how happy the fans could be after the (5-4) victory against Tottenham.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9258171/Everton-manager-Carlo-Ancelotti-reveas-Fulham-respect-Barcelona.html

WhiteJC

Scott Parker has a tough task on his hands and Tony Khan makes it a thankless one

The Fulham boss has enough on his plate as he battles at the bottom of the Premier League table without being undermined by the club owner

Social media can have its unexpected uses, such as telling us what a tough job Scott Parker has got on his hands.

He comes across as one of the nicest men in management, Scott, especially as he has to spend most of his time in front of a camera explaining why Fulham have played nicely and not won.

They have gone 12 Premier League games without a success but have, pretty much, been consistently pleasant on the eye during that period.

Like Spurs, they might soon have their own adjective.

If their very watchable brand of football is to remain in the Premier League, Parker needs victories.

But last week, we had a snapshot of the added difficulties that come with his role.

Darragh MacAnthony, the outspoken Peterborough United owner, was discussing last summer's sale of Ivan Toney to Championship club Brentford and happened to mention that Fulham had been interested in the player.

Tony Khan wanted Ivan Toney to give competition to Aleksandar Mitrovic but would not meet the asking price

Tony Khan could not resist.

Among a raft of other things on his Twitter biography, here is how Khan describes himself in relation to Fulham Football Club.

Owner/Director of Football/GM/Sporting Director.

Think we have got the picture, Tony.

Anyway, Fulham, confirmed Khan, had indeed been interested in Toney, who has taken the second tier by storm.

"I did like him a lot, I still do," tweeted Khan. "And I was the one who brought him up in the meetings (the General Manager, not the manager)."

That Khan's title gets capital letters and Parker's does not, probably tells you all you need to know.

But other than to undermine his lower-case manager, what was the point of claiming he was the one who wanted to bring Toney to Craven Cottage?

Anyway, that the player ended up at Brentford not Fulham hardly reflects well on the owner/Director of Football/GM/Sporting Director, who lists Financial Fair Play as one of the reasons he did not manage to do a deal for Toney.

The striker eventually went for a fee of around £10million. Whatever the FFP ramifications, if Khan could not get a deal done for that price, maybe he is not as big-time as he thinks.

In a subsequent tweet last Thursday, Khan refers to a decision "we believe was a great one for us."

What he is referring to is not 100 percent clear but we assume it is the Professional Football Compensation Committee's decision to compel Liverpool to pay up to £4.3million for Harvey Elliott, taken away from Craven Cottage as a 16-year-old by the Anfield club.

There will be an initial £1.5million fee plus £2.8million dependent on the player's performances and appearances.

An official club statement, released, presumably, with the blessing of Khan, said "Fulham is very pleased".

Thankfully, Parker was not 'very pleased'.

Scott Parker isn't being helped by Tony Khan's actions (Image: POOL/AFP via Getty Images)

He spoke eloquently and passionately about the "madness" of a big club being able to come in and, for "minimal numbers", take away a boy who has been carefully nurtured since the age of 13.

He spoke about the demoralising effect it could have on the academy.

He spoke about what Elliott might have done for Fulham.

He spoke like a football person.

It is not the first time Parker has disagreed with the top brass. He was annoyed when Khan apologised for the performance in the 3-0 defeat to Aston Villa early in the season.

Rightly so.

"I want people to perceive us as a club that is world class in everything we do," Parker said recently.

It was not addressed directly at the Owner/Director of Football/GM/Sporting Director ... but it should have been.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/scott-parker-fulham-premier-league-23497908

WhiteJC

Everton boss at helm of Fulham match despite masked raiders breaking into family home
EVERTON manager Carlo Ancelotti will still be at the helm of tonight's Premier League match against Fulham despite masked raiders breaking into his home while his family was inside.

Police were called to the address in Blundellsands, Crosby, just after 6.30pm on Friday after the 61-year-old football boss's stepdaughter, Chloe, disturbed two men searching the property. Mr Ancelotti was not there at the time but a number of people were inside, although no one was hurt, according to a source. The raiders then ran from the house with a safe.

A Merseyside Police spokesman said: "We are appealing for information after a safe was stolen in a burglary in Crosby on Friday.

"The offenders were described as wearing black waterproof clothing, possibly with white writing on, and black balaclavas.

"The property will be forensically examined and CCTV opportunities are being explored."

There have been a string of raids on the homes of Premier League footballers in recent years, with criminals believed to scour social media and strike when they know they are away on fixtures.

In July, the home of Liverpool midfielder Fábio Henrique Tavares, known as Fabinho, was burgled while he celebrated the team winning the title at Anfield.

Jewellery and a grey Audi RS6, which was later recovered in Wigan, were stolen.

Merseyside Police said it is not currently linking the burglary on Mr Ancelotti's home to any other incidents.

A spokesman for Everton confirmed that Mr Ancelotti would still be managing today's game, which is due to kick off at Goodison Park at 7pm.

He said neither the club nor the manager would be commenting on the burglary.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1397649/everton-manager-carlo-ancelotti-fulham-match-premier-league-family-home-raided

WhiteJC

Fan Survey 2021

It's Valentine's Day. The last year has shown how important fans are. Show your love for Fulham by investing 10 mins to make our Club better and ensure our fans are heard. Encourage your friends and family to take part to ensure we capture as many Fulham fans as possible.

All those taking part will be able to be entered into a ballot to win a signed shirt!

Have YOUR say on:

Reduced Capacity Football
    PPV
    Gambling Sponsorship
    Mental Health
    Riverside Stand
    Safe Standing

https://www.fulhamsupporterstrust.com/news/2021/02/fan-survey-2021/

WhiteJC

Everton vs Fulham: 14/02/2021 – match preview and predicted starting XIs

Everton vs Fulham

Date: 14/02/2021

K/O: 19:00

Venue: Goodison Park

Referee: Andy Madley

TV: BT Sport

Two attack-centric teams will take the stage at Goodison Park setting up, what should be, an enticing encounter when Fulham travel to Everton.

A thrilling come-from-behind draw preceded against Manchester United an unprecedented 5-4 victory against Tottenham midweek, in the FA Cup, for Everton. A total of 15 goals in their last two competitive games makes for incredible viewing – especially as a neutral – but possibly many palpitations for Everton fans. Against Fulham, although it may not seem this way, we could be expecting another such scoreline.

If not for faulty finishing, Fulham would have collected all three points last gameweek against this season's surprise packet, West Ham United. The Cottagers produced an expected goal tally of 1.4, which was not their highest of the season – with that being 1.8 in the win over Leicester City and the exhilarating 3-4 loss to Leeds United earlier this season.

However, it was the work they did leading up to the shots that was impressive. A total of 33 shot-creating actions (which are the two offensive actions directly leading to a shot, such as passes, dribbles, and drawing fouls) was, by far, Fulham's the most productive of the season according to fbref.com's data.

This performance came against a side that, characteristically this season, have been quite compact and difficult to navigate through. Yet it was Fulham's movement and work during open play that troubled the Hammers distinctly. They completed the most key passes (i.e. passes directly leading to a shot) in any of their games this season (14) and their equal most passes into the 18-yard-box (14).

It seems Scott Parker's men have finally acclimated to the Premier League, or at least their creativity has. But, it seems like a case of too little too late unless they can complete a most miraculous survival after collecting 15 points from just 22 games.

Over their previous three games, which have included should-have-won draws against West Brom and West Ham and a tough loss to Leicester City, there has been a great improvement both offensively and defensively. They have conceded 2.5 expected goals in this stretch – their lowest three-game running total this season. Also, their highest combined total of shot-creating actions, key passes and expected assists respectively have been recorded over this same period.

It seems that finishing their good work, again, both offensively and defensively has troubled them. This has been a constant pattern this season. Last season's top scorer in the Championship, Alexandr Mitrovic, hasn't scored since his brace against Leeds United in the aforementioned thriller in gameweek two. While a completely different back five (including the goalkeeper) have struggled to cohere to optimise Parker's defensive approach.

In Everton, Fulham will face a side that has experienced similar problems at times this season and since Carlo Ancelotti's appointment in December 2019. Inconsistency and individual mistakes have plagued the side, especially in the defensive set-up. This has led, most significantly, to the omission and rotation of, until most recently, England's number one goalkeeper Jordan Pickford. But, with a little bit of luck – and pristine finishing – Everton have managed to outperform their expected goal totals and their errors.

Their expected goals for (26.0) subtracting their expected goals against (26.6) has resulted in a negative expected goal difference (-0.5; due to rounding) ranking them 11th in the league. This means that, yes, the Toffees have been on the fortunate side of happenings this season as they sit much further up the table than what is expected.

With four players overperforming their non-penalty expected goal by more than 1.0 this has contributed significantly to their overperformance. For context, this season's chief overperformers, Manchester United, have six players in this category.

So... what does this all mean for this fixture? Simply, goals and a whole lot of entertaining gameplay. Or so statistics and history tell us. Defensively, both teams seem to have settled for the time being but can have their blips, for sure. While offensively, it is clear that the two sides are coming into their stride.

Will both coaches look to lock up defensively, especially with Ancelotti without his star-finisher Dominic Calvert-Lewin? Or will both coaches go at each other's throats, play to their strengths and hope their sides can outscore the other? Fulham, at this point, have nothing to lose. Meanwhile, Everton have a whole lot to gain from a win. So, feasibly, it seems we might see each team let loose to set up an entertaining fixture.

Team News

Everton

As previously mentioned, Calvert-Lewin has been ruled out for this fixture by Ancelotti. The Englishman has his eyes set on a return to this season's toughest test, Manchester City, on Wednesday. This could mean a full debut is due for the timely winter signing of Joshua King. Returning to the Premier League, this presents as a momentous opportunity for the sought-after striker to impress his new employers.

Allan and Fabian Delph will hope to return within the next week but, as is the case with Calvert-Lewin, will not be fit for the match against Fulham at the very least. An 'easier', yet dangerous, fixture against the 18th-placed side may tempt Ancelotti to rest some players before the aforementioned midweek match against Man City.

Fulham

No new injury news for the visitors this week. Tom Cairney and Terence Kongolo remain absent and no return date has been set for either of the pair.

Predicted Starting XIs

Everton (4-3-1-2): Olsen; Godfrey, Mina, Keane, Digne; Doucouré, Davies, Gomes; Sigurðsson; King, Richarlison

Fulham (4-2-3-1): Areola; Tete, Andersen, Adarabioyo, Robinson; Anguissa, Reed; Decordova-Reid, Loftus-Cheek, Lookman; Maja

Score Prediction: Everton 3–1 Fulham

The weather looks cloudy with a chance of goals, or at least shot-creating actions (to put it boringly). Both sides prioritise attack over defence, and that is the way us fans like it – although not supporters of the respective clubs. Fulham may pull a few surprise results over the remainder of the season – not enough to earn their survival, but enough to annoy some clubs chasing European status for next season. Could it start against Everton?

https://90maat.com/everton-vs-fulham-14-02-2021-match-preview-and-predicted-starting-xis/

WhiteJC

Everton v Fulham live stream: how to watch the Premier League wherever you are in the world

Watch a Everton v Fulham live stream, as Carlo Ancelotti's side seek another win

Everton v Fulham live stream, BT Sport, Sunday 14 February, 7pm GMT

Everton will be looking to continue their fine run of form when Fulham visit Craven Cottage on Sunday.

A late strike from Dominic Calvert-Lewin earned Everton a point at Old Trafford last weekend, before that thrilling 5-4 triumph over Tottenham in the fifth round of the FA Cup. Yet although there is optimism around Goodison Park at present, Carlo Ancelotti's side have only won one of their last four league games. A victory over Fulham looks likely, though: Everton have won 100 per cent of their meetings with the Cottagers at Goodison in the Premier League era. Another win here would see Everton climb into fifth, at least until Monday.

Fulham are in desperate need of victories as soon as possible, with nine points now separating them from safety. Scott Parker has undoubtedly made his team harder to beat in recent months, but their failure to turn draws into wins means Fulham have not emerged victorious since November. With time running out, that will need to change quickly if the west Londoners are to retain their top-flight status this term.

Everton will be unable to call upon the services of Jordan Pickford, so Robin Olsen will continue between the sticks. James Rodriguez is expected to be fit after missing out in midweek with a tight calf, but Calvert-Lewin is a doubt after tweaking his hamstring against Spurs.

Allan is still out but Andre Gomes should be able to shake off a knock in time to feature, while Jean-Philippe Gbamin is a long-term absentee.

Fulham will have to make do without Tom Cairney and Terence Kongolo, but Parker has no fresh injury concerns to deal with.

Andre Zambo Anguissa could return to the midfield, and Josh Maja will hope to get his first start after sealing a loan switch from Bordeaux in the January transfer window.

Kick-off is at 7pm GMT and the game is being shown on BT Sport 1 in the UK. See below for watching details where you are.

Use a VPN to watch an Everton v Fulham live stream from outside your country

If you're on holiday or just simply out of the country, your domestic on-demand services won't work – the broadcaster knows exactly where you are from your IP address. Your access to the game will be automatically blocked, which is annoying if you've paid a subscription fee and don't want to use an illegal, buffering stream that makes you miss another Jose Mourinho tantrum. And that's where we recommend ExpressVPN (more on which below).

All you need to do is get a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to get beyond such aggravations (assuming it complies with your broadcaster's T&Cs). A VPN creates a private connection between your device and the internet, meaning suppliers can't work out where you are and what you're doing. The info going to and from is entirely encrypted.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/everton-v-fulham-live-stream-how-to-watch-the-premier-league-wherever-you-are-in-the-world

WhiteJC