https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could be all over bar the shouting

Started by JimmyConway, February 13, 2021, 12:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Quote from: blingo on February 13, 2021, 09:46:36 PM
Exactly so why not tomorrow. He owes me as I back him every time he plays

Blingo Im with you a hundred per cent. One Mitro goal and three points will do me though.

shepperton white

What really pi...s me off is that little club further upstream is more than likely to take our place and the way they're playing deservedly so

General

Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 13, 2021, 03:40:39 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on February 13, 2021, 03:20:50 PM
Winning less than 10% of our games, rarely scoring & our season being virtually over around the half way point of the season is embarrassing.

We've barely put up a fight. It's been an awful season.

Shh, apparently Parker is doing an excellent job.

Haha.. as one fan said, they're so convinced in our current setup they'd stick with them even if we went down two leagues.. baffling.

scotto2000

Quote from: SP on February 13, 2021, 01:28:18 PM
Having resigned myself to the worst, I'm hoping FFC will surprise us.

Loved this quote on another board 'Win our next three games & things will look very different.'  Can't argue with that logic but....

scotto2000

Hate to be a downer but "Win our next three games" will stilll leave us in the relegation places.

Whitestone

Quote from: scotto2000 on February 14, 2021, 11:53:19 AM
Hate to be a downer but "Win our next three games" will stilll leave us in the relegation places.

That would be a magnificent achievement and certainly not a "downer" because the season wont be complete until May. Still all to play for despite the doom and gloom on these pages.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: General on February 14, 2021, 11:17:42 AM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 13, 2021, 03:40:39 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on February 13, 2021, 03:20:50 PM
Winning less than 10% of our games, rarely scoring & our season being virtually over around the half way point of the season is embarrassing.

We've barely put up a fight. It's been an awful season.

Shh, apparently Parker is doing an excellent job.

Haha.. as one fan said, they're so convinced in our current setup they'd stick with them even if we went down two leagues.. baffling.

I actually think that's not as far-fetched as it sounds (the dropping down two leagues part).

We will see a LOT of squad turnover for next season, and unless some new signings are integrated and gel straight off the bat, we could find ourselves in some trouble

Woolly Mammoth

The next match is the most important, and that is tonight.
History counts for nothing tonight, it is all on the day I mean it is all on the night.
All we need to know is that they are called Everton and there are 11 of them, same number of players as us, and the cunning plan is to make them think that there are more than 11 of us, and to help do that we have to run further and faster and longer than them, and if a player, any player is having a poor game, he can still run around.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Twig on February 13, 2021, 08:59:31 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 13, 2021, 03:49:44 PM
Quote from: SP on February 13, 2021, 03:46:12 PM
I do wonder where we'd be in the table with a manger with the nous of Sean Dyche?

Well, starting in defence - look at what he's done with Tarkowski & Mee - imagine what he could do with Andersen & Adarabioyo.

Oh, and we would actually work on set pieces in training.

What do you think he needs to do with Andersen and Tosin?

I'm just making the point that Burnley have barely conceded since Mee has returned to partner Tarkowski at the heart of Burnley defence.

In my view, on an individual level I would consider Andersen & Tosin to have a higher level of skill than those two, so theoretically Dyche would be able to do a sterling job with two players like that at his disposal.

andyk

Mitrovic needs to play, from the start, in every one of our remaining games. He is the only one who can score 10 goals in those games. He is proven at international level .
Our current plan of playing wingers or full backs as centre forward hasn't worked 
Give him the role.
It's almost certainly too late, but if we score at our current rate, we are looking at relegation by March.

RaySmith

Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 14, 2021, 12:07:51 PM
I do wonder where we'd be in the table with a manger with the nous of Sean Dyche?

Well, starting in defence - look at what he's done with Tarkowski & Mee - imagine what he could do with Andersen & Adarabioyo.

I'm just making the point that Burnley have barely conceded since Mee has returned to partner Tarkowski at the heart of Burnley defence.

In my view, on an individual level I would consider Andersen & Tosin to have a higher level of skill than those two, so theoretically Dyche would be able to do a sterling job with two players like that at his disposal.

But those two Burnley players have played for Burnley for a few seasons, unlike the two at Fulham.

I'm not sure that our cb's are definitely so  much better than Burnley's, one is quite inexperienced -people are always underestimating Burnley's quality anyway.

And our manager  is having to work with a totally new team this season, and has done well to meld them together in the way he has, though in need of a pacey striker - which Burnley have actually,  while Dyche has been Burnley's manager for several seasons.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: RaySmith on February 14, 2021, 02:27:17 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 14, 2021, 12:07:51 PM

But those two Burnley players have played for Burnley for a few seasons

I'm not sute that our cb's are defintely so  mu
And our mnager  is having work with a totally new sech btter thn thee's people are always undersestimating the quality of Burnley.

That they have, and that shows the drawcards of becoming an established PL team, you can keep your best players.

Burnley are undermanned when comparing their squads to others on paper, but games of football aren't played on paper.

Dyche does a terrific job organising his team to punch above their weight and grind out results that you wouldn't expect.

RaySmith

You're stating the obvious here - everyone is aware of the job Dyche does at Burnley.

Football is a TEAM game of course.

But what's your point re Scott and Fulham - hasn't he done well to get playing as a team  in such a short time.
How would Dyche do in this situation?

FFC In Oz

Quote from: RaySmith on February 14, 2021, 02:36:29 PM
You're stating the obvious here - everyone is aware of the job Dyche does at Burnley.

Football is a TEAM game of course.

But what's your point re Scott and Fulham - hasn't he done well to get playing as a team  in such a short time.
How would Dyche do in this situation?

I believe Dyche would be doing a better job with this side, absolutely.

The defence would be just as solid, if not more so.

And we would practise set pieces and actually be a threat from them - I think Burnley have scored 7 goals from set pieces this season.

On top of that, he seems to instil a mentality of scrapping for every ball and being able to grind out results, and that's not something that's consistent with this side.

RaySmith

Without a recognised pacey striker? which Burnley do have.
I'm sure Fulham do practise set pieces .

There is no way of verifying the truth of your statement that Dyche would definitely do  better job than Scott.

I think the Fulham players do work hard and fight for the ball didn't we get most fouls given against us  or something, but Burnley are an  accomplished Prem team of  quite long standing, and we are a totally new team.

Perhaps your wonderful Wizard can do something for us!

SG

I'm ever the optimist but looking at that table now I fear the worst. All the teams that I thought we may catch have won a game or two whilst we have drawn at best. I think it is now nailed on that we will go down although I am sure the players will continue to fight and pick up some points. I know the argument is you make your own luck but it seems we haven't had the rub of the green when it mattered - for example yesterday Palace had 9 first team players out for the Burnley game. You can bet most are back including Zaha when we rock up at Selhurst.