watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The straw that broke the fans back?

Started by Rambling_Syd_Rumpo, December 11, 2010, 07:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

At half time I asked the people around me in H3 a question,some of these people have been watching Fulham for 10 or so years,some of them have have been watching for 60 years most are somewhere in middle.The question was this-Is the tide turning against Sparky?
The answer shocked me-they all, and I mean out of 20 all 20,said that Mark Hughes is not and never has been the man for Fulham.No lets give him a chance or lets see what he buys in Jan,just a straight "NO your not for us, time to go feller"
Is this what everybody thinks? is there just me saying lets see who he buys in Jan?

SmithyFFC

If you'd asked people the same question after the Sunderland game in the great escape season most would have said Hodgson needed to go. Please just give Sparky a chance.
FTID

MJG

Had the same conversation in P1...and its pretty much the same..no relationship of any kind with Hughes...not even enough if an opinion to shout Hughes out or anything like that...never known a game end and almost the whole crowd could not be bothered to do anything but leave...very strange.

Jimpav

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on December 11, 2010, 08:00:57 PM
If you'd asked people the same question after the Sunderland game in the great escape season most would have said Hodgson needed to go. Please just give Sparky a chance.

How any more chances do we have to give him. I for one am all out of chances.

It's turning into a bad joke. Blame hodgson, blame refereeing decisions, blame injuries- we've run out of excuses and I've run out of patience.

I've fought Sparky's corner ferociously but yes Syd the tide has turned. I can't fight anymore.

We don't win away and we've won two matches all season. Wolves barely counts because even then that was a last minute bundled goal from Dembele.

BZ is not the saviour and we cant pin our hopes on a good transfer window. It's unrealistic to expect all the gaps to be filled and everything to click into place.

Sparky is not keeping us up- west Ham and wigans incompetence is. That is the only thing keeping us safe right now.

Blackpool have won as many away matches than we have won in 3 years. Newcastle are rejuvenated and west brom are comfortable.

Villas win and Evertons inevitable late charge will see us stranded.

I'm not calling for Sparky's head I just want my team back.

mrska

Ok it's not good..BUT  This isnt Mark Hughes side..  He was brought in so late he hasnt had chance to bring in any of his own players.  Lets at least give him that chance in January!

For now  IN HUGHES I TRUST!

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Jimpav on December 11, 2010, 08:48:31 PM

How any more chances do we have to give him. I for one am all out of chances.

It's turning into a bad joke. Blame hodgson, blame refereeing decisions, blame injuries- we've run out of excuses and I've run out of patience.

I've fought Sparky's corner ferociously but yes Syd the tide has turned. I can't fight anymore.

We don't win away and we've won two matches all season. Wolves barely counts because even then that was a last minute bundled goal from Dembele.

BZ is not the saviour and we cant pin our hopes on a good transfer window. It's unrealistic to expect all the gaps to be filled and everything to click into place.

Sparky is not keeping us up- west Ham and wigans incompetence is. That is the only thing keeping us safe right now.

Blackpool have won as many away matches than we have won in 3 years. Newcastle are rejuvenated and west brom are comfortable.

Villas win and Evertons inevitable late charge will see us stranded.

I'm not calling for Sparky's head I just want my team back.

Fair enough mate, but I'm off the opinon that whoever was in charge this season was going to be tough.

Murphy- 33
Davies- 30
Duff- 31
Gera- 31
A. Hughes- 31

Our team is crying out for some youth to freshen things up, especially in the midfield. Sparky had one month exactly from his appointment to asses what he needed, target players, agree fees and personal terms with players. Was this enough time? I doubt it, January is make or break, and I'm still behind the manager 100%.
FTID

wadey

..............................................................well said and 100% spot-on..........some fans have short memories

wadey

Quote from: mrska on December 11, 2010, 09:10:56 PM
Ok it's not good..BUT  This isnt Mark Hughes side..  He was brought in so late he hasnt had chance to bring in any of his own players.  Lets at least give him that chance in January!

For now  IN HUGHES I TRUST!................................................................my thoughts echoed deano...well said that man

MJG

But it took him 2 weeks to give Davies a contract, 5 weeks for dickson, he bought 3 players already and one of those is over 30 and a lot have doubts on him.
I'm not sure I trust his judgements at the moment.

WHITEwitch

We didnt win away under Woy either.

Dembele and Salcido have been good buys.

Our defence still works well.

Our midfield is too thin and ageing but he came in too late in the summer to do much about that.

We have three reasonable strike options and two of them are out injured and the third not fully back yet.

It's shite but it isn't down to Hughes. 

MJG

Is salcido a good buy, not on todays showing that's for sure. Now don't get me wrong I think he has something but why has Hughes started him when not fully fit with other options?

WHITEwitch

Quote from: MJG on December 11, 2010, 09:39:27 PM
Is salcido a good buy, not on todays showing that's for sure. Now don't get me wrong I think he has something but why has Hughes started him when not fully fit with other options?

Not today no - he was late on three tackles and missed completely.  However I can remember a lot of eulogies on here and elsewhere for those wonderful passes in to Demps and Zolly not long ago. 

LBNo11

...to all the optimists I suggest you don't walk down from the back of H6 and listen to what they are saying.

It pains me to say it with witchypoo looking in, but that was rubbish, no change in tactics from the previous games, players looking frustrated that they don't know or understand the gameplan.

I am seriously considering whether I want to endure watching MY football club being led further into the mire on boxing day.

Enjoy the blind optimism...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Things are worrysome.

However, with todays loss at Newcastle, Roy Hodgson has won 1 prem away game in the last 27 as manager for Fulham and nearly half a season with Liverpool and a Big4.

Give MH more time to get his players. I'll make my mind up in January. Roy did us in royally the way he left us. :014:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

SmithyFFC

Dembele was a terrific buy and a steal at £5 million, shame that thug Stoke did him so early, but even though injuries he has looked like he can provide that Spark. Halliche- who knows, and for now lets hope we dont find out for a bit, Hughes and Hangeland we're superb today, Bent, Welbeck and Gyan when he came on got very little in terms of changes. Salcido, started off well, fantastic crosser with both feet. Few injuries, huge loss of confidence, doesn't speak the language and all the stuff in the papers, cant be easy for the guy!

Hodgson liked older, experienced players, who followed instructions perfectly, we're rigid and hard to beat. Hughes seems to preger younger, more athletic, energic players who play more openly and freely. He needs time to get these types of players in i.e. Bentley, Ireland etc.

We will not go down under Hughes in my opinon as long as we get a striker in during January and keep the current team together. Shift some deadwood from the squad (stoor, ej, elm, riise, greening) add a few younger players, and suddenley top 10 looks possible.

Keep the faith.
FTID

WHITEwitch

Not disagreeing it was rubbish/disappointing/dismal etc.  Just disagreeing with why.  I'm just a bit surprised that Hughes is being made the scapegoat for lack of investment in an ageing squad and a very late decision on his appointment.

I don't think looking at reality is blind optimism.

If he makes some purchases in January and gets some money to do it but still doesn't get results by March/April then I will want to know what he is doing.  Until then I don't see what he could do differently - looking at what was on the bench today didnt inspire me.  Folk will suggest bringing in some youngsters but why frighten them to death at Anfield and maybe set them back in confidence.  

SmithyFFC

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 11, 2010, 09:47:46 PM
...to all the optimists I suggest you don't walk down from the back of H6 and listen to what they are saying.

It pains me to say it with witchypoo looking in, but that was rubbish, no change in tactics from the previous games, players looking frustrated that they don't know or understand the gameplan.

I am seriously considering whether I want to endure watching MY football club being led further into the mire on boxing day.

Personally I though we played really well in the second half, dominated the game, ball just wouldn't stick up top without a target man. Things are improving, West Ham is a great chance against a struggling to team to score some goals and build some confidence.

The team is about to click into shape, if we pull off a shock at Anfield Hughes will be god.
FTID

CULTUREVULTURE

Quote from: WHITEwitch on December 11, 2010, 09:57:18 PM
Not disagreeing it was rubbish/disappointing/dismal etc.  Just disagreeing with why.  I'm just a bit surprised that Hughes is being made the scapegoat for lack of investment in an ageing squad and a very late decision on his appointment.

I don't think looking at reality is blind optimism.

If he makes some purchases in January and gets some money to do it but still doesn't get results by March/April then I will want to know what he is doing.  Until then I don't see what he could do differently - looking at what was on the bench today didnt inspire me.  Folk will suggest bringing in some youngsters but why frighten them to death at Anfield and maybe set them back in confidence.  

That all makes perfect sense.

But there's something wrong. Hughes doesn't feel right. His Welsh mafia coaching staff doesn't feel right. They just don't seem like a good fit with Fulham. I can't fully articulate why or how but after 32 years supporting the club these guys just don't feel right.

finnster01

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on December 11, 2010, 10:03:50 PM

Personally I though we played really well in the second half, dominated the game, ball just wouldn't stick up top without a target man. Things are improving, West Ham is a great chance against a struggling to team to score some goals and build some confidence.

The team is about to click into shape, if we pull off a shock at Anfield Hughes will be god.
This is a good time to play Liverpool. Gerrard may still be out for another week (at least he won't hopefully last a whole match.)

I watched the Newcastle game today as well and Liverpool was shocking. I counted one chance that Torres completely wasted. The goal was a lucky and massive deflection. Their defense is very vulnerable and their midfield was owned by Newcastle today.

Lucky to escape with only a 3-1 loss. In think we are in with a reasonable shout next week at Anfield actually.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

SmithyFFC

Quote from: finnster01 on December 11, 2010, 10:09:57 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on December 11, 2010, 10:03:50 PM

This is a good time to play Liverpool. Gerrard may still be out for another week (at least he won't hopefully last a whole match.)

I watched the Newcastle game today as well and Liverpool was shocking. I counted one chance that Torres completely wasted. The goal was a lucky and massive deflection. Their defense is very vulnerable and their midfield was owned by Newcastle today.

Lucky to escape with only a 3-1 loss. In think we are in with a reasonable shout next week at Anfield actually.

Our players will be so pumped up for the game as well, show Roy what hes missing.
FTID